Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Do you prefer highcaps or low caps.

:

Accessories Discussion

Old April 19th, 2006, 16:29   #31
DeathSniper
Hibernating Bear

Send a message via ICQ to DeathSniper Send a message via AIM to DeathSniper Send a message via MSN to DeathSniper Send a message via Skype™ to DeathSniper
Lowcaps baby.
SF - "Neal! You are the one!"
DeathSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 16:43   #32
LUTNIT

Waiting for order of 20 STAR G3 mags to come in...

Using MAG midcaps in my M733, though trying to limit myself to 300 round loadouts so they will only have 40 rounds in each (damn 8 packs, if only there where two more...)
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 16:46   #33
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
Low or midcaps all the way.

Hicaps ruin what realism is to be had with AEG's. With a hicaps YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A PAINTBALLER, what with the rattling and 200 rounds + capacity. Hicaps should be banned.....just yeah, straight up banned!
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 16:54   #34
B.A.M

TM lows. I like metal... makes me feel like big man.. Rahhhh
Old April 19th, 2006, 16:55   #35
Greylocks

You were bored, right? People prefer both, or midcaps, or whatever tickles their fancy, that they can afford, or works for them.

This is like asking what is your favorite gun; you get a list of every gun out there.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 16:56   #36
major kartel

LOW CAP ALL THE WAY!

some say its a pain in the ass to reload, but i say it makes it SO much better ! the tactics on holding ur fire and not spraying the whole field whit no one in sigth !

and finally i mean it makes it look so cool the movemant of changing caps and the sound of it I LOVE IT !

major kartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 17:04   #37
-Skeletor-
Lowcaps

I got 13 of those Star ones
Old April 19th, 2006, 17:18   #38
Arc

I see what is dominant thanks for the input guys.
Arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 17:24   #39
Damascus
formerly sstrunks

While the only thing I own is two high caps (bough an ICS and buy a HC thinking the mag coming with the gun was a low), I prefer lo-caps. I like the feel of changing mag!
Damascus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 17:32   #40
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
You were bored, right? People prefer both, or midcaps, or whatever tickles their fancy, that they can afford, or works for them.

This is like asking what is your favorite gun; you get a list of every gun out there.
The little boy says: "This is my P226 Sig Saucer"

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 17:40   #41
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Lows, but since I'm buying a CA249 I'm going to have to work something out because I don't particularly want to be changing mags every 60 rounds. I wish there was a boxmag that fed reliably with 4-500 rounds without having to wind.
Mantelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 18:01   #42
Shugart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpel Felt
Low or midcaps all the way.

Hicaps ruin what realism is to be had with AEG's. With a hicaps YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A PAINTBALLER, what with the rattling and 200 rounds + capacity. Hicaps should be banned.....just yeah, straight up banned!

Im' sorry, but if I'm on a budget, I don't wanna dish out tonnes of cash for Locaps.

And yes, Star is pumping out more and more for different guns, but not every gun is covered.

And as I said before, if its a skirmish for shits and giggles, I really don't give a rats ass about super realism. Airsoft is a hobby, meant to entertain, and enjoy, I don't necesserily like always having to sacrifice my enjoyment for the sake of absolute realism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah Arendt
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thucydides
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.
Shugart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 18:47   #43
Gryphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugart
Im' sorry, but if I'm on a budget, I don't wanna dish out tonnes of cash for Locaps.

And yes, Star is pumping out more and more for different guns, but not every gun is covered.
Bingo. Even us ubar-milsimmers in Manitoba still make exceptions for beginners with hicaps. You're expected to go buy low and realcaps when your budget allows, but rarely does anyone sit out if one hicap is all they have. If anything, other players will loan you lowcaps if you need some. I've got seventeen Star mags myself, others here have double, triple, or sometimes MORE than that. No, I ain't kidding.

That said I also own six hicaps. Three came with my guns, two I got for free cause they didn't work (easy fixes), and one I got in a trade for other stuff. I do use them in non-serious games, or in my CA249 because I don't have a box mag yet (ordered one today! :grin: ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugart
And as I said before, if its a skirmish for shits and giggles, I really don't give a rats ass about super realism. Airsoft is a hobby, meant to entertain, and enjoy, I don't necesserily like always having to sacrifice my enjoyment for the sake of absolute realism.
QFT. :tup:
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 13:00   #44
Raysaaark

I Use Lowcaps now that I have them, so much better. But I always make sure that I have my Hicap on me and fully loaded, Just incase a game starts right up after the last one and I dont have time to reload my lowcaps .
I wouldn't mind picking up a few Midcaps though, just to round out my vest. But for Sidearms, Hicaps. Gangster Mags are the shit.

"Piss Off A Liberal - Buy A Gun" Bumpersticker
Raysaaark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 15:20   #45
AMetalSplinter

I like HiCaps, they hold more ammo. Common sense really. Some of the new ones break easily though...
AMetalSplinter is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion