Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Best pistol for C.A.P.S.

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 30th, 2010, 11:43   #16
side-effects

Missed that whole thread somehow. Thanks again!
side-effects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2011, 21:35   #17
BobSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa. End of story.

The single stack / 1911 series is a bit too limited as far as gas consistency and capacity is concerned. For practical shooting, there's a reason why the double stack "high capacity" / 2011 series dominates in both airsoft as well as real steel.
Check everywhere in Toronto area and no one sells a TM hicapa. Also been told that all airsoft pistols are no longer available with black frames but now only with tinted plastic. TM apparently will not produce tinted frames so I have to choose between KJW, WE and others.

Is this true???
BobSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2011, 21:45   #18
Debrief
a.k.a. HKpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSpeed View Post
Check everywhere in Toronto area and no one sells a TM hicapa. Also been told that all airsoft pistols are no longer available with black frames but now only with tinted plastic. TM apparently will not produce tinted frames so I have to choose between KJW, WE and others.

Is this true???
Uhh get Age Verified? It's illegal to sell a pistol without a clear frame unless the importer has a BFL. Otherwise, you're limited to manufacturers that produce clear pistols, and you're missing out on TM, KSC, KWA, etc.
Debrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2011, 22:02   #19
BobSpeed

I know all airsoft pistols now have tinted frames.

The question is, who sells TM hicapa in Toronto since that is considered the best pistol for airsoft competition?

Last edited by BobSpeed; July 16th, 2011 at 22:14..
Old July 16th, 2011, 22:15   #20
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
I know all airsoft pistols now have tinted frames.

The question is, who sells TM hicapa in Toronto since that is considered the best pistol for airsoft IPSC?
WRONG

and we CANNOT tell you where to buy airsoft guns as per site rules.
you want a gun? here read THIS and then do THIS
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2011, 22:38   #21
BobSpeed

Thanks RITZ for the links.

I understand the age verification thing but my beef is that after doing a search for airsoft dealers in Canada and calling almost all of them, and to find out they don't carry TM which everyone on this forum says it the best.

I have friends in HK that only shoots TM and say to try to find a dealer in Canada that may have it or consider another variant to get by.
Old July 16th, 2011, 22:41   #22
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Thanks RITZ for the links.

I understand the age verification thing but my beef is that after doing a search for airsoft dealers in Canada and calling almost all of them, and to find out they don't carry TM which everyone on this forum says it the best.

I have friends in HK that only shoots TM and say to try to find a dealer in Canada that may have it or consider another variant to get by.
They are available.
that is the only answer I can give you until you get verified
Old July 16th, 2011, 22:52   #23
BobSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
They are available.
that is the only answer I can give you until you get verified
Thank you.
Just found a dealer that does carry TM in Canada.

By the way, I have a black badge and shoot real IPSC and did not have this kind of trouble with similar questions. Today all dealers have websites which is not secret info, something I should have searched for instead of asking a simple question on this forum.
Old July 16th, 2011, 22:56   #24
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Thank you.
Just found a dealer that does carry TM in Canada.

By the way, I have a black badge and shoot real IPSC and did not have this kind of trouble with similar questions. Today all dealers have websites which is not secret info, something I should have searched for instead of asking a simple question on this forum.
Forum rules my friend, Members cannot tell unverified members where to get Airsoft guns. The age verification system is in place to make sure you are 18+ and responsible, it is easy to "say" you are qualified in alot of things online. In person meetings are the only way to make sure hence meeting with a verifier.
Old July 17th, 2011, 00:47   #25
BobSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
Forum rules my friend, Members cannot tell unverified members where to get Airsoft guns. The age verification system is in place to make sure you are 18+ and responsible, it is easy to "say" you are qualified in alot of things online. In person meetings are the only way to make sure hence meeting with a verifier.
RITZ,

I read your rules in the links and respect how this forum regulates new and unverified members.

But.... this is the internet. This forum has names of airsoft dealers that anyone can search and most have phone numbers that potential customers can call to talk to. I can search TM and locate any dealer in Canada as well.

The final verifier will be the store dealer if they feel my 40+ year old appearance is still under 18 and my FAC is still required for a airsoft pistol purchase, that would be fine by me.
Old July 17th, 2011, 00:55   #26
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
RITZ,

I read your rules in the links and respect how this forum regulates new and unverified members.

But.... this is the internet. This forum has names of airsoft dealers that anyone can search and most have phone numbers that potential customers can call to talk to. I can search TM and locate any dealer in Canada as well.

The final verifier will be the store dealer if they feel my 40+ year old appearance is still under 18 and my FAC is still required for a airsoft pistol purchase, that would be fine by me.
I'm just saying, Outside the restricted age of majority section we cannot post where you are able to get guns, because that would tell un-verified members where and how to get them. We never said the information is unavailable on here or else where, it simply takes time and research (which most people do not have the attention span for and it weeds them out fast)
Old July 17th, 2011, 00:55   #27
L473ncy

Bob,

I'll throw you a bone.

Some verifiers have storefronts. They may not sell the guns (ie. Army Issue sells surplus gear and other stuff but not guns however he is a verifier) but when verified that you're 40+ in person can point you in the right direction and submit your info for age verification for the site as there are a few dealers who deal exclusively on this site.
Old July 17th, 2011, 01:29   #28
Tex

Bob,
Your thinking that every retailer has a website is wrong some do not and only sell through the classifieds here plus the huge amount of private sales and the BEST source for this type of gun and the parts/mods that go with it sells only through this website.

Anyways you want to get into CAPS and the guys you need to meet will there so just show up with or without a gun to check things out get AV'd and all the other info you'll need.

_/|
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 02:10   #29
Strelok

Never could understand some peoples aversion to getting age verified... Its 15 minutes with no costs involved unless you decide to buy coffee...

Thats it.

And then you get access to a huge range of products for cheap.

Seriously.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 02:54   #30
Alceister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
Never could understand some peoples aversion to getting age verified... Its 15 minutes with no costs involved unless you decide to buy coffee...

Thats it.

And then you get access to a huge range of products for cheap.

Seriously.
It took me something like a month after registering to decide that I was going to get age verified, and even then I had to have an excuse to travel to downtown T.O. Mind you, that's mostly because I don't have a car, or a G2, or live in T.O. for that matter.

I was kind of reluctant to get age verified, and only made up my mind after about a month. For all intents and purposes, the act consists of meeting up with a complete stranger to give them your I.D, and some people can be pretty squeamish about that.

The second part of it could be that people dislike ASC for essentially acting as a regulatory body for airsoft in Canada. There is probably more to that, but I can't quite think of anything else at the moment.
Alceister is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank