Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Can i wear a custom mask-goggle?

:

Gear Discussion

Old November 16th, 2017, 12:33   #16
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Most places east of BC have always allowed ballistic glasses and not required full-seal. Panther is the only field out here that allows ballistic glasses in lieu of goggles. Ballistic though, not safety. Paintball and ballistic glasses also have rated-frames, so an army of two mask doesn’t technically cut it. You really wouldn’t want to wear on anyways, it’s a hot mess that’ll fog your eyewear, you’ll swear like a nut-sack and it limits your peripheral vision. If you’re dead set on wearing the army of two mask then you’ll need to integrate proper eyewear with the mask. I wouldn’t recommend glueing your lenses in. Use a dremel and carefully remove the mesh eyes from the mask. Then find either a comfortable and low-profile pair of rated eyewear to wear underneath. I’d start by looking at Oakley M-frames or Revision Bullet-Ants as a good starting point. Once you find some that sort of fits you can increase the foam padding inside the mask to compensate for any space issues. That’s about it.
Old November 16th, 2017, 16:26   #17
silent_lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
...........I’d start by looking at Oakley M-frames or Revision Bullet-Ants as a good starting point. Once you find some that sort of fits you can increase the foam padding inside the mask to compensate for any space issues. That’s about it.
yep exactly the idea im going for now. eyewear and face protection are different legal requirements, vis a vis i can mount untainted JTs underneath and be perfectly legal at any paintball field; or your low profile ballistic goggles idea at approved fields.

the problem i foresee will be when mounting the goggles or glasses inside with the eyelets an extra inch away from your eyes, will cause a keyhole effect where looking through a keyhole works for viability, but when you bring your eye back just a touch, you lose your ability to see through the keyhole. Ill just have to see how it works out when i can see how close to the eyelets i can get the goggles.

im not worried about fogging or overheating, i can engineer my way out of a country.

Last edited by silent_lemon; November 16th, 2017 at 16:37..
silent_lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 16:28   #18
silent_lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
Can I wear <insert homemade safety related item here>?

NO
eyewear no.

everything else? yes.
Old November 16th, 2017, 16:52   #19
Ricochet

I’m trying to say “don’t mount them”. Attaching an adhesive to a protective frame or lense could compromise them and would certainly not be covered by the manufacturer. Wear the eyewear the way it was engineered to be used and the find a way to fit the mask over it comfortably. Modifying eyewear is a sketchy thing to do.
Old November 17th, 2017, 06:42   #20
silent_lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I’m trying to say “don’t mount them”. Attaching an adhesive to a protective frame or lense could compromise them and would certainly not be covered by the manufacturer. Wear the eyewear the way it was engineered to be used and the find a way to fit the mask over it comfortably. Modifying eyewear is a sketchy thing to do.
yeah youre right; there are other ways but it becomes too much work -
socketing the JTs within the structure of the mask by means of pressure fit by pouring a matching resin key for the JTs to fit in, modelling clay and oomoo per se and that's too much work. In conjunction with the headgear that holds it on that is quite comfortable as it is, im sure the combo would stay together. I have a bunch of ducted fans from old GPUs ready for cooling masks and goggles..Anything can be done, but how many hours am i looking forward to putting into it, not that many.

well i guess im back to the half mask bane thing

Last edited by silent_lemon; November 17th, 2017 at 06:45..
Old November 17th, 2017, 11:25   #21
Ricochet

I’ve known a few people who wore large masks to play: Iron Man, Army of Two, Predator (Michael Jackson), Master Chief, etc. All of them have stopped.
Old November 18th, 2017, 14:27   #22
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Cut the profile of a set of goggles out of the mask, wear mask with goggles?
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2017, 10:34   #23
Okawesome

I personally wouldn’t feel safe without wearing unmodified mil-spec eyepro. Home-made eyepro just sounds like a bad idea to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion