Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Is hero outdoors legit?

:

General

Old August 11th, 2014, 13:14   #46
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

dunno, they do have a guy there that is kinda special.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 19:32   #47
BBBrain

I am new to airguns, and airsoft guns...but I have spent an obscene amount of money at HERO in the last several months! Started by buying a couple of replica steel BB pistols, then morphed into the airsoft (way more choices). I admit my addiction...and embrace it! And the gang at Hero make that Sssoooooo easy! And yes, I've had a couple of "issues", but they have always looked after these quickly and professionally.
I am fortunate in that my job requires a lot of travel...much of it in the east GTA...so I am able to visit regularly. On occasion, I realise that for some strange reason I seem to have money in my bank account. Keith and Graham always seem to have a solution to this unfortunate situation!!
Old December 4th, 2017, 11:20   #48
MrCyrious

Ordered a lanyard and a kill rag. Took a month to receive with basically no explanation why. I was hoping for at least a free patch or some kinda extra swag for waiting a month for some shit that I could basically buy anywhere else, but nothin'. I prrrrobably won't be placing online orders from them again after that, or I'll be calling ahead to check that it's in stock in the store. The brick and mortar is great, but online is kinda ehhhhhh.

EDIT: Oh, and after all that I ordered the tan Elite Force kill rag and they sent the black one. So yeah, not super impressed.
MrCyrious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2017, 20:50   #49
Mikeylikes

Paid a visit to the store .. loads of stuff. My only complaint is that they are on the pricier side. Have never ordered anything online yet so can't comment on delivery time and service.
Mikeylikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 21:39   #50
Swattiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeylikes View Post
Paid a visit to the store .. loads of stuff. My only complaint is that they are on the pricier side. Have never ordered anything online yet so can't comment on delivery time and service.
Agreed. Their price is on the high side. And they never have special offers/discounts.

Fun to check out the store, but not for purhase.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2017, 23:27   #51
landwarrior

I was at Heros a few weeks picking up a mag. It took them 2 weeks to get it because it has to be shipped from their warehouse in the US. I dont recommend you to buy online, but buy what they have in stock in their store. They have lots of stuff in store, so that's worth checking.

I didnt want to wait anymore so I drove to Ajax to pick it up when it finally arrived
landwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 01:30   #52
Punkrockjohn

they are very legit especially when it comes to gear
Punkrockjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 10:05   #53
jmireau
Loves Moderators

I have never had an average experience with Hero. It is either outstanding of abysmal. You never really know what is or isn’t in stock, but once they have your money, well good luck. I suspect they dropship from Evike, but I’m not certain. I live too far from them for in store pick up, which is unfortunate because they consistently fuck up online orders.
Old December 20th, 2017, 03:54   #54
blazzer73553

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmireau View Post
I have never had an average experience with Hero. It is either outstanding of abysmal. You never really know what is or isn’t in stock, but once they have your money, well good luck. I suspect they dropship from Evike, but I’m not certain. I live too far from them for in store pick up, which is unfortunate because they consistently fuck up online orders.
Yes they do, this just happened to me, 3 small things, all drop shipped from evike. Cost me 1/3 extra rather if I just bought direct from evike, kinda pissed actually, pretty dishonest
blazzer73553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2017, 09:42   #55
NAAZ
One of those username tags...

yea I also noticed that they have a lot of things you can find from Evike. sometimes the reps will attempt to pitch overpriced products like you're at a car dealership.

and no military/LE discount wtf? I find that fundamentally flawed because of the nature of the store.
Old December 22nd, 2017, 10:24   #56
tobyniceguy

Send a message via Skype™ to tobyniceguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAZ View Post
yea I also noticed that they have a lot of things you can find from Evike. sometimes the reps will attempt to pitch overpriced products like you're at a car dealership.

and no military/LE discount wtf? I find that fundamentally flawed because of the nature of the store.
I can vouch for overpriced items like a set of 10 of 30rd AEG mags by Evike and they have it for double the price.
tobyniceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2018, 14:19   #57
blazzer73553

yea so, just slightly under 3 months later, terrible experience. i had to constantly call for updates as they refused to tell me anything. even their online system for when order are made is really bad.

ordered a few glock parts and an outer barrel, was told everything was in stock when i called, made the order.. 2 weeks go by, nothing, call them, nothing is in stock, have to order. takes weeks, 2 parts up me finally. the last 2 parts are still "delayed from their so called supplier"

i call 1 week later, some chick there tells me its all here and will be shipping. package shows up 1 week later, only 1 part is in there and it REAKS of coming from evike!! ( i dont like this as if that was is this case i could have bought it myself...)

the last part i was told was in stock, but they dont know, guy calls me back couple hours later, their " supplier" is out of stock, ironically i checked evikes website ( where they had the part i needed) suddenly this part is gone from evikes webstore after this hero outdoors phone call.

given, hero refunded me right away, but the whole process for 200$ was a total joke!

( ironically enough, for my benefit, i called evike and asked about the part that suddenly disappeared from their webstore, the CS rep i talked to said they just took it off due to stock number problem, i asked why it was up so long for them to suddenly take it down, he didnt know but i asked him to check, said someone called in asking about it a couple hours before i did.... coincidence....?)

im sure they are great in store and staff seem friendly enough.... but there are way better organized options for airsoft stuff.
blazzer73553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2018, 01:45   #58
Jim_Mcblake

Yup they are legit. Got some stuff and have no complains so far.
Jim_Mcblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2018, 11:55   #59
XOIIO

Figured I'd chime in, placed an order and took a while to ship, but that's because they had the red dot sight I ordered in some sort of warehouse, it arrived pretty quickly after that though and I can't complain.

Just fired off an email, hopefully they can help me find a kill flash that will fit, and a cheaper alternative to the angry gun 7.62 suppressor. Previous emails with them were a good experience. The price on the red dot was a good 25 bucks cheaper than amazon too.
XOIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2018, 12:20   #60
BobbyDangerous

I’m always there. If they don’t have it in store they can get it. I work with them directly sometimes to get certain things.

I’ve never had a problem.

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General