Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Any One Attending York University?

:

General

Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:21   #1
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Any One Attending York University?

Hey, im startin airsoft here and would be nice to know any one who attends York University and plays airsoft as well, im a first year international student from Hong Kong and have been airsofting for 4 years back there, Ive have seen some threads regarding campus housing and airsoft guns and even though i plan to keep my guns in my dorm, i obviously wont be showing it off around, (gona be tucked in a dark hole in my closet somewhere)

anyway just wanted to know more people

Phil
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)

Last edited by phloudernow; December 2nd, 2010 at 11:26..
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:38   #2
Donster

i go to york. 4th year criminology student. welcome to the suck.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:48   #3
phloudernow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster View Post
i go to york. 4th year criminology student. welcome to the suck.
HAHAHA THANKS Nice to meet you would be great if you told me about the airsoft scene around york and like the surrounding area
Project Guns
Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:43   #4
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Does it count that AYork University is a transfer station for me to get to my armoury?

Generally, I don't think "york" has an airsoft scene, you're in with the rest of GTA and toronto. TTAC3 being one of the better venues in my opinion
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 12:52   #5
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Keeping your airsoft guns in your closet in res is a terrible idea. First off, you're keeping in in a building filled with hormone raging youth, at a school which has a reputation for crime due to its vicinity to jane/finch street.

you say you'll keep it safe, but shit happens, and if administration finds out you're keeping it inside your dorm they're gonna kick you out.

Find a GOOD friend who lives at home, and ask if you can store it at their place. I highly don't suggest keeping it on campus.

Welcome to the GTA airsoft scene. Hopefully we'll be as fun as back home.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 14:25   #6
phloudernow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
Keeping your airsoft guns in your closet in res is a terrible idea. First off, you're keeping in in a building filled with hormone raging youth, at a school which has a reputation for crime due to its vicinity to jane/finch street.

you say you'll keep it safe, but shit happens, and if administration finds out you're keeping it inside your dorm they're gonna kick you out.

Find a GOOD friend who lives at home, and ask if you can store it at their place. I highly don't suggest keeping it on campus.

Welcome to the GTA airsoft scene. Hopefully we'll be as fun as back home.
Yeah thanks for the tip!, I read a thread about this, that had a whole thing about this, it is true though however one alternative is to leave it with my auntie in Richmond Hill, it is a hassle to get to her house though, but I'll try work things out. As far as housing goes im probably going to get my own place next school year so it should be fine from then on.
Project Guns
Old December 2nd, 2010, 14:57   #7
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
Yeah thanks for the tip!, I read a thread about this, that had a whole thing about this, it is true though however one alternative is to leave it with my auntie in Richmond Hill, it is a hassle to get to her house though, but I'll try work things out. As far as housing goes im probably going to get my own place next school year so it should be fine from then on.
I'd say leave it with your aunt, from York U it.s a VIVA purple ride to Richmond Hill station and then figure out your route from there to her house. It's not so bad, I bus from RHill to York U, then transfer to get to downsview all the time for work, when I go to airsoft games, it generally involves busses too
Old December 2nd, 2010, 15:24   #8
phloudernow

:kill:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
I'd say leave it with your aunt, from York U it.s a VIVA purple ride to Richmond Hill station and then figure out your route from there to her house. It's not so bad, I bus from RHill to York U, then transfer to get to downsview all the time for work, when I go to airsoft games, it generally involves busses too
Thats great, maybe you can invite me to some games in the new year? thats when ill be getting all my airsoft stuff together where do you usually go for airsoft? i know theres a paintball field in Downsview somewhere but thats about it i really want to experience an outdoor Snowy airsoft game XD, as Hong Kong is a very enclosed space, we have tons of cqb places there and i play cqb all the time so would rather experience a cold outdoor game
Project Guns
Old December 2nd, 2010, 17:20   #9
TechSeller

Quote:

we have tons of cqb places there and i play cqb all the time so would rather experience a cold outdoor game
That won't be hard here Welcome to Toronto!

North Trail Sports - Mora, Motorola, Puxing, Fogtech & More! / Our ASC Retail Thread
TechSeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 17:32   #10
sirtaco27

Quote:

i would rather experience a cold outdoor game

Welcome to Canada

Perks:
Bloody BB
BB Magnet
Steady Aim
sirtaco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 08:50   #11
esky

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow

we have tons of cqb places there and i play cqb all the time so would rather experience a cold outdoor game

That won't be hard here Welcome to Toronto!
Wait.... it gets cold in Toronto?
esky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 11:07   #12
backspasm

I go to york as well, and have met a few others who are either not on here or are not AV'ed. Do you have one of those jail cell sized rooms?

I bet it gets much colder here than it does in Hong Kong, although not anywhere near as much as some other places.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 12:27   #13
phloudernow

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspasm View Post
I go to york as well, and have met a few others who are either not on here or are not AV'ed. Do you have one of those jail cell sized rooms?

I bet it gets much colder here than it does in Hong Kong, although not anywhere near as much as some other places.
haha not really i live in Calumet residence, and share a room with another guy but hes rarely here, goes out at 8am and comes home at 3 am LOL hes here to sleep 5 hours. so pretty much i have the whole room to myself hahaha, oh? would be great to meet you and other people who airsoft

yeah i wana play in the snow to be honest HAHA

Phil
Project Guns
Old December 3rd, 2010, 14:19   #14
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:

Thats great, maybe you can invite me to some games in the new year? thats when ill be getting all my airsoft stuff together where do you usually go for airsoft? i know theres a paintball field in Downsview somewhere but thats about it i really want to experience an outdoor Snowy airsoft game XD, as Hong Kong is a very enclosed space, we have tons of cqb places there and i play cqb all the time so would rather experience a cold outdoor game
Well, next spring/summer will be your lucky time, there'll be TONS of outdoor games in large open areas. As far as winter games go, they DO happen, but alot of people don't want to go out and play in the winter, myself included. I can understand your interest coming from Hong Kong, if I weren't a native here, I'd want to experience as much as possible, but after 21 years of our winters, I'm sick of it and try to avoid it

Just check the event's section of the board (I'll provide a link at the end of my post) for any winter games, but be warned, you'd better be well prepared as it can get super cold at times

As for the spring/summer games, I don't know how long you'll be here, but you'd be more than welcome to come to a game. If you have anything else you think I could answer, feel free to PM me

I'd also recommend getting age verified, it gives you full access to these boards and can be done really easily, there are decent games regularily held at TTAC3 (it's indoor and CQB but fun as hell) and the host/owner can do the age verification

Game lists:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68
Old December 3rd, 2010, 14:27   #15
phloudernow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
Well, next spring/summer will be your lucky time, there'll be TONS of outdoor games in large open areas. As far as winter games go, they DO happen, but alot of people don't want to go out and play in the winter, myself included. I can understand your interest coming from Hong Kong, if I weren't a native here, I'd want to experience as much as possible, but after 21 years of our winters, I'm sick of it and try to avoid it

Just check the event's section of the board (I'll provide a link at the end of my post) for any winter games, but be warned, you'd better be well prepared as it can get super cold at times

As for the spring/summer games, I don't know how long you'll be here, but you'd be more than welcome to come to a game. If you have anything else you think I could answer, feel free to PM me

I'd also recommend getting age verified, it gives you full access to these boards and can be done really easily, there are decent games regularily held at TTAC3 (it's indoor and CQB but fun as hell) and the host/owner can do the age verification

Game lists:
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68
Thanks!! yeah they are processing my AV right now actually i went on tuesday to get age verified, gota wait a week or two before it passes through, but yeah thanks anyway hmm ok, as im from hong kong im not too keen on cqb as thats kind of what we usually only play majority of the time but i wont mind a good ol cqb game haha just need to get a hand gun thats all, i dont like play with aegs in cqb so once i get my hand on a gbb ill play more cqb games as for now ill try find some outdoor games
Project Guns
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General