Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

DBOYS HK416, help needed

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 27th, 2015, 20:44   #1
LimaCharlie

DBOYS HK416, help needed

Does anyone have any direct experience with this AEG? I'm thinking of getting one. As far as upgrades would I need some right away or further down the line?
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2015, 23:14   #2
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Most of those china guns will need part right away or at least prety soon after they are used, however some last a long ass time. Most cases its a crappy piston and or piston head, inner barrel and hop rubber. Gears are often prety soft and the tolerences useually suck too (ie some parts wont like to fit, even full drop in boxes may need some work to fit.)
If a 416 is what you like (my favorite AR thle rifle) then id suggest saving up and getting a vfc/umarex. They are the nicest 416's on the market, they need a piston and a sorbo pad but otherwise they are solid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 10:52   #3
fretwire

Keep in mind that any time you buy something 'on the cheap' it usually ends up costing you more in the long run with upgrades/repairs/maintenance/etc.

That said, it might be a benefit with Airsoft guns because they're lots of fun to hack on and breaking a cheap toy hurts much less than breaking an expensive one!
fretwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2015, 10:24   #4
ccyg8774

I don't have an issue with Chinese made guns in general, but I do with this specific model of DBOY HK416.

The magwell and the magazine are sized in a way that if you insert some magazines into it, the magazine will either not align right with the feed tube of the hop-up unit causing a no-feeding, or the magazine will push the hop-up unit forward enough to cause a double feeding.

And by some magazines I mean all of my AR magazines (mostly King Arms and CYMA) except the hi-cap one that come with the DBOY HK416.

I thought I fixed it by replacing the hop-up chamber and shim the new chamber... I was wrong, and I didn't find out untill I was on the field wanting to use it. Had to use my backup gun (a gun with CQB FPS) for a outdoor field that day, not very happy experience.

Maybe a slightly longer nozzle, or some filing on the tappet plate will fix the problem for real, but I don't currently have the time nor space to try it.

Last edited by ccyg8774; May 29th, 2015 at 14:59..
ccyg8774 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion