Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

JoeFriday is the brain behind the Props Canada fiasco

:

ASC News and Announcements

Closed Thread

Old September 18th, 2009, 01:36   #46
Forever_kaos

Thanks Illusion, I PM'd you my last inquiry.
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:37   #47
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
Revelations Ch 23:1

And the Lord spoke unto the masses, 'I am disappointed in thy tithings to my church.' The people replied, 'O Lord! Our money hath been tied up in an airsoft scam for many years since!' The Lord was silent most lengthily, and when He again spoke unto the trembling masses, His voice loomed with enough foreboding energy to power Las Vegas for a thousand years, the sound of His Heavenly Rolodex flipping, "What is that motherfuckers' name again?"
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:38   #48
Doombringer

I'm mad. I want my gun.

Can we actually sue him or something if he dosen't send them or refund us? Since we are making him import prohibited goods, isn't that... idk... not exactly legal? I don't know, I'm not good with law.
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:47   #49
kevinz

0.o
I haven't got my tracking number for my scar
hope it comes through...
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:04   #50
CINDERWOLF-

do i ever feel old...

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...ght=Cinderwolf
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:07   #51
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Funny,

I nearly ordered a TM SR16? from Props Can, and was considering ordering something through him again... Ahh how history repeats itself in so many ways.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:15   #52
aZn_triXta07

I'm pretty sure everyone can get discounts on plane tickets if you book as a group :P

Pay him a nice visit. I recall thats how some local guys got their money back from Props Canada.
Old September 18th, 2009, 04:45   #53
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

People have come and gone from airsoft over the years I would just like to add that if you know anyone who was involved in the original Props Canada fiasco who is no longer involved in airsoft and did not receive a refund that you pass the word along to them that new information has come up.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:00   #54
Panzerfaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
I'm mad. I want my gun.

Can we actually sue him or something if he dosen't send them or refund us? Since we are making him import prohibited goods, isn't that... idk... not exactly legal? I don't know, I'm not good with law.
Not too sure any of you would want the authorities involved in a case where individual was supplying you with not a 100% legal merchandise.
Is it not a bit like going after a guy selling contraband smokes that doesn't deliver on his prepaid shipment?

http://www.novascotiaairsoft.ca
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:47   #55
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Not too sure any of you would want the authorities involved in a case where individual was supplying you with not a 100% legal merchandise.
Is it not a bit like going after a guy selling contraband smokes that doesn't deliver on his prepaid shipment?

History has so far shown us with previous cases that the authorities are more concerned with people who violate the terms of their FBL than going after individual hobbyists who may have purchased one or two guns. To date, AFAIK, no individual buyer has been targeted for buying a black gun. Additionally, ownership of black guns isn't illegal and a number of them do not even qualify are replicas.

It should also be noted that this course of action is the result of several days of discussions in how to best handle this situation so that the community can get what they are owed or a refund, not just something that was thrown out from the top of someone's head.

Last edited by Drake; September 18th, 2009 at 06:49..
Old September 18th, 2009, 07:57   #56
akamikeee

Send a message via ICQ to akamikeee Send a message via AIM to akamikeee Send a message via Yahoo to akamikeee
Oh wow, talk about dropping a bomb shell. I sincerely hope this doesn't turn out to be Props Canada fiasco part 2. Hopefully this can all be put to an end finally.
Old September 18th, 2009, 08:07   #57
Jimski

I'm not sure the refund will even cover the legal fees if you want anything done...
Old September 18th, 2009, 10:43   #58
cerealmaniac

Send a message via MSN to cerealmaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
I'm not sure the refund will even cover the legal fees if you want anything done...
well after 30 days the RCMP will be contacted. I highly doubt they will do anything though. I've had 2 unhappy transactions before but they weren't large enough to get their attention. Truth be told, it's extremely easy to get away with this stuff in Canada. Hopefully this can give the public a glimpse of what airsoft is like here in the great north.
Old September 18th, 2009, 10:53   #59
Conker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealmaniac View Post
Hopefully this can give the public a glimpse of what airsoft is like here in the great north.
Not sure that's how I'd want airsoft to be known.
Old September 18th, 2009, 11:10   #60
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealmaniac View Post
well after 30 days the RCMP will be contacted. I highly doubt they will do anything though. I've had 2 unhappy transactions before but they weren't large enough to get their attention. Truth be told, it's extremely easy to get away with this stuff in Canada. Hopefully this can give the public a glimpse of what airsoft is like here in the great north.
"hello, police I have information on somebody importing large quantities of a restricted item for resale amongst the populace, whats that, you'll have an officer at my door in 5 minutes to take down my statement, ok."

Yeah... individual deals ain't important but they do care about big things like this.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > ASC News and Announcements