Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&P WOC M4 Build...

:

Airsoft Media

Old May 12th, 2009, 16:51   #16
RacingManiac

The contact from gasguns.info is that they will start shipping new ones out soon, maybe as early as next week. The feed-lip I think was modified so it'll be less picky about bb sizes...

They are halting the shipping which is annoying, because it halted my NPAS bolt since I think they want to ship those together....

I have the KA FDE front sight too...but the one that comes with the CASV-M is lower profile...once the Aimpoint M4 clone gets here the current setup should cowitness quite well....

Only thing is that the G&P rail cover is a funny shade of Tan...I wonder if there are other ones of the same type that closer to FDE...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...

Last edited by RacingManiac; May 12th, 2009 at 16:54..
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:37   #17
RacingManiac

FYI, RA-Tech have start shipping the mags again....will probably get it end of this/beginning of next week. I'll also have summer buffer spring and NPAS steel bolt carrier group coming.

For the other WA system GBB M4 user, are there any other way of loading the mag than push in BB one by one from the top?

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:44   #18
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
For the other WA system GBB M4 user, are there any other way of loading the mag than push in BB one by one from the top?
I've always done it one by one. Really annoying... I'm surprised no loading tool ever came with this, and the Marui loader doesn't work.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:46   #19
RacingManiac

The PGC one supposely can use the BB loader(TM AEG style) with an adaptor....

The loading process now is tricky because if you push it in off angle the BB goes flying...lol

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old May 16th, 2009, 21:27   #20
RacingManiac

Rearranged the backup sight setup, and installed G&G SCAR style flashhider, with a CW to CCW adaptor........and got Huang's Comp M4 and stubby grip....I thought I ordered FDE grip though.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M4_FDE_05.jpg (328.8 KB, 418 views)
File Type: jpg M4_FDE_04s.jpg (354.9 KB, 556 views)

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old May 17th, 2009, 17:03   #21
RacingManiac

To fix the G&P wobble....2 piece of thin steel shim...actually from shock absorbers....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old May 17th, 2009, 17:43   #22
Huron
GabeGuitarded

It almost looks like your controls are in FDE as well.. Trick of the light? How does it sound with the suppressor on it? Seeing as there's no motor to worry about, maybe it actually has some effect?
Old May 17th, 2009, 18:37   #23
RacingManiac

nope...loud as ever...lol...I even fitted an O-ring to it.....

the controls are just as G&P made, but they are steel parts, maybe their coating/finish with the sunlight that gives it that look...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old May 20th, 2009, 22:37   #24
RacingManiac

No pic, but some updates nonetheless...

I got the RA-Tech complete steel bolt carrier with Aluminum Nozzle for my WOC, as well as one GHK mag to try out. The Bolt is very nice, comes in this box that looks like something for a Cross pen. Installation is just literally drop in. The weight difference between the stock G&P and the RA-Tech doesn't seem to be that great, but it definitely kicks harder. Also upgraded the buffer spring with RA-Tech's summer spring. Only thing is I am not sure about what the specification of the bolt. I ordered it under the impression that the complete bolt kit should include the carrier, nozzle, as well as the whole NPAS thing. But since they've made 2 version of the adjustable NPAS nozzle(one with quick adjustment tool, and the original without), I don't know what the bolt came with(or if this is adjustable one at all), since it did NOT come with a tool. Still trying to clarify that from RA-Tech. As it stands the gun shoots about the same power(slightly hotter) as the WOC bolt. I am at about ~380fps on .2s with the new bolt, and ~370 with the stock one.

The GHK mag. Comes in this slightly mette grey that's similar to the color of my receiver(WOC01 with the Colt marking is in a grey-ish color, not black), compare to the mag that came with the gun which is closer to semi-gloss black. It is as expected VERY tight on initial trial fit. 2 main reason as far as I can tell. First the outside "shell" is a bit wide, I had to hammer it and sand off some paint to get the mag to fit with any sort of chance of being usable. 2nd, the roll-pin which secures the shell to the innard is a bit longer than it needs to be, and is actually scraping the inside of the magwell. Need to grind that slightly shorter. The power output with the mag seems similar enough with the mag that came with the WOC that I don't think is much of a problem. The BB sits differently compare to the stock mag though. In the stock mag the loaded BB sits against one side of the mag lip on the top of the mag, where as this actually sits closer to the middle. What it does is that it allows the bolt lock mechanism to come up high enough that it will be pushed with one round left in the mag and locks the bolt...need to figureout how to sort that one out....The mag will probably need a lot of working in for it to be gravity dropable, right now its probably needed a good pull on a tac-reload....also the GHK mag has plastic loading lip vs the metal one on G&P/WA mag. Which probably is not a good thing if one were to drop it...

Got more stuff coming, including G&P tac-light, steel CQB-R length outer barrel and RS Aimpoint Comp ML3, will do a proper photoshoot when I get those...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old May 20th, 2009, 22:52   #25
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

You need some ranger plates.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2009, 22:53   #26
RacingManiac

I am actually going the route of Magpul slip on, um, Mag-Pull....

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old May 22nd, 2009, 19:46   #27
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

RacingManiac, I would love to see something like this

Old May 22nd, 2009, 23:37   #28
RacingManiac

I don't like the Noveske flashhider....I think I'll be going with CQB length barrel(1" shorter than what I got now) and leave the muzzle setup at that. There is no way at the moment to use a MUR upper on the G&P lower until G&P makes a MUR....I'd think about switching though if it does come out....and I should have my aimpoint next Tues...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
Old May 23rd, 2009, 13:39   #29
RacingManiac

Trying some different combo of flashhider and optics...with the new CQB-R barrel...

EoTech+birdcage

CompM4 + Birdcage

CompM4 + AAC

CompM4 + Birdcage

CompM4 + AAC

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...

Last edited by RacingManiac; May 23rd, 2009 at 13:42..
Old May 23rd, 2009, 15:55   #30
Mist3r.B
formerly Botchbomber

Send a message via MSN to Mist3r.B
Very nice

Last edited by Mist3r.B; May 23rd, 2009 at 16:26..
Mist3r.B is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media