:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 2nd, 2008, 19:27   #16
Caped_crusadar

Send a message via AIM to Caped_crusadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS_ShooterMcGavin View Post
Go for the KJW M700 in that case.
yea, im lookin at that one right now, should i go with the regular or the breakdown,

is the breakdown worth the extra cash? beacuse then i could store it on my back without worry of it snagging on the brush
Old May 2nd, 2008, 19:33   #17
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

A good sling is better than storing a "broken" rifle on your back.

I'd personnaly stay away from breakdown one.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 20:18   #18
DonP

Speaking as someone who has used a spring rifle almost exclusively for years (and experimented with gas) I would make the following observations:

- Difficulty of cocking spring rifles is overrated. Seriously, it's not a big deal. When it's shouldered you have excellent leverage.

- Inconsistent FPS from gas systems is -- in my opinion -- a deal-breaker if you're seriously considering a sniper-role gun. Shot-to-shot consistency should be your #1 concern where optimal accuracy for each shot is your goal. Gas just isn't in the same league as electric or manual spring (bolt action).

- Modern good quality electric guns are pretty damn good. My APS2 was great in its day and I did a lot to it to get improved results, but after trying a mildly upgraded TM M14 when it came out, I was impressed as hell and realized my APS2's days were numbered.

Personally if I was making a new sniper rifle today, I'd start with a TM M14 with a mild spring upgrade (no need for more than 340-350fps). Modded to shoot semi-only, and firing good BBs.

Of course, it's up to you - but since you asked, that's what I'd do.
DonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 22:56   #19
SDS_ShooterMcGavin

Send a message via MSN to SDS_ShooterMcGavin
Yup i've owned a M14 before and it is one hell of an AEG. Sold it to a close friend and he's done so much to it, its a force to be reckoned with... But its also extremely loud.

I went with the L96 for personal preference of gun (Love the L96) and the noise. And well the pure satisfaction of hitting someone with it with one good shot. Not to mention a M14 will make you DM, Not a sniper

"Were not that good... Everybody else just sucks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
Flaming a guy on his question, no matter how stupid it sounds, is to me not a professional way helping out nor answering the guys question.
SDS_ShooterMcGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 23:32   #20
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Main issue with AEG sniper is you are always limited to 450fps max. You will never be able to shoote faster safely, because of the rate of fire.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 01:11   #21
DonP

I have some fancy gun electronics that can be made to force an AEG to be semi-only, and a delay between shots. It's a good sniper mode if your club accepts it and allows you to go to a higher FPS as a result (and you want to do such a thing).
DonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 01:15   #22
BBS

Send a message via MSN to BBS
i have a KJ M700 and i love it, silent and deadly, especially after the free float mod. the gas discharge is minimal and not visible at times; i actually find it sort of cool too see some propane eject from the tip. oh and get the normal version not the breakdown. the normal version has a less complicated system making it have better accuracy.
BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 21:27   #23
Caped_crusadar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
Main issue with AEG sniper is you are always limited to 450fps max. You will never be able to shoote faster safely, because of the rate of fire.
no your not, get a systema magnum motor, and a 12v, or even better get a 11.1v 4000mah lipo and you can go up to 550
Old May 3rd, 2008, 21:36   #24
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caped_crusadar View Post
no your not, get a systema magnum motor, and a 12v, or even better get a 11.1v 4000mah lipo and you can go up to 550
Too bad 99% of games in Canada limit an AEG to 450 fps.

WTF is with all these Americans coming to ASC recently offering us advice and telling us we're wrong about issues relevant to Canadian airsoft

Plus, if you actually read his post, he said you couldn't fire an AEG at that velocity because of safety related to ROF, not durability of the mechbox. You get another "" for effort.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."

Last edited by kalnaren; May 3rd, 2008 at 21:41..
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 21:41   #25
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post

WTF is with all these Americans coming to ASC recently offering us advice and telling us we're wrong about issues relevant to Canadian airsoft

Plus, if you actually read his post, he said you couldn't fire an AEG at that velocity because of safty related to ROF, not durability of the mechbox. You get another "" for effort.
im actually curious myself
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 22:13   #26
Caped_crusadar

Quote:

Plus, if you actually read his post, he said you couldn't fire an AEG at that velocity because of safety related to ROF, not durability of the mechbox. You get another "" for effort.
all the fields around here are limited to 400 fps for any gun, so we play at friends houses with big back yards.

and this is more of a fun project, then to be used in a war, most of my friends wouldn't play with me, theres only 3 of us that don't care about the fps if its sub 500

im not telling you that you have to think the same way i do, im just getting my ideas out there, take it or leave it.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 22:17   #27
kalnaren

Quote:
all the fields around here are limited to 400 fps for any gun, so we play at friends houses with big back yards.

and this is more of a fun project, then to be used in a war, most of my friends wouldn't play with me, theres only 3 of us that don't care about the fps if its sub 500

im not telling you that you have to think the same way i do, im just getting my ideas out there, take it or leave it.
And if you actually read anything about airsoft in Canada, you would know that us playing in "big fields" is generally considered a really fucking bad idea. Congrats. You get another "".

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 22:24   #28
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Yes, I couldnt agree more. Honestly, Im starting to get sick of it.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 01:17   #29
Caped_crusadar

Quote:
And if you actually read anything about airsoft in Canada, you would know that us playing in "big fields" is generally considered a really fucking bad idea. Congrats. You get another "".
i dont want to argue with you, last time i argued with someone it turned ugly fast, so you can have this one.

but if your saying that beacuse you thought i said public property, i ment
friends back yards, so its private property,
Old May 4th, 2008, 01:29   #30
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
i dont want to argue with you, last time i argued with someone it turned ugly fast, so you can have this one.

but if your saying that beacuse you thought i said public property, i ment
friends back yards, so its private property,
and playing in backyards is not a smart thing to do when you got the nice rcmp or local cops driving around i dunno bout you but a .40 in the chest kinda ruins the game
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion