Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Do 1911 compensators have this gap or is it just me?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 6th, 2017, 19:57   #1
XOIIO

Do 1911 compensators have this gap or is it just me?

Hey all, so I couldn't find the madbull punisher compensatory available anywhere in stock except for over double the price on evike, and ehobby asia, so I ordered this part on ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/381886596973?...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now it definitely gave be the badass look I wanted, but the problem is it was a tight fit, once I tried it a few times are took some paint off it goes in fairly smoothly, but it has this gap.

The madbull compensator doesn't have this issue right? From all the images I find in google they sit nice and flush, but this one doesn't, and it just barely, though it does, engage the spring plug to lock in place.

I think it should work the same but I'm considering asking the seller for a partial refund since it would cost around 10 bucks to send it back if I'm right, and then use it until the madbull one is back in stock.
XOIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2017, 21:30   #2
Drake
E-01

Bell is a lower tier manufacturer and obviously their specs aren't quite spot on (I use a RS bushing on my 1911 so I'm gonna run with the idea that WE"s specs are fairly accurate).

Why would you ask the seller for a refund? They sent the right product.
Old February 6th, 2017, 21:45   #3
XOIIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Bell is a lower tier manufacturer and obviously their specs aren't quite spot on (I use a RS bushing on my 1911 so I'm gonna run with the idea that WE"s specs are fairly accurate).

Why would you ask the seller for a refund? They sent the right product.
Well, it's pretty far off compared to any other example I can find, though of course they made sure not to have any pictures in their listing.

I'd consider it just barely compatible with WE considering that it needed me to basically wear paint off and also still push in with moderate force to get the lug to line up.

I'm surprised any company would be that far off since it's supposed to be TM compatible too.

Last edited by XOIIO; February 6th, 2017 at 21:47..
Old February 6th, 2017, 22:14   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
You get what you pay for.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2017, 23:47   #5
XOIIO

Actually for some reason I thought that it was from the us, no, china, so it would probably cost even more to ship it back.

Makes me wonder where my aliexpress parts are, I ordered the at the same time, hopefully they will show up in the next week or so.

I suppose since it's such a tight fit I could try grinding the locking lug off it and just pushing it in all the way, not really sure how well it would hold in though, that locking lug is in there for a reason after all.

Too tired right now to try anything, but maybe it could be modified to kinda work properly.

Last edited by XOIIO; February 6th, 2017 at 23:51..
Old February 7th, 2017, 20:55   #6
XOIIO

I decided to try filing off a considerable amount of material from the locking lug, and even getting it as thin as possible without just getting rid of it entirely, there's still a very noticeable gap, but it does engage with the spring plug so it can't just twist loose.

Lesson learned though, at least for this part, bell is absolute garbage in terms of proper size, by a huge margin. It's as though they didn't even try to fit it before mass producing them. The actual spacing between the lug and where the end of the slide should fit is pretty far off compared to the stock barrel bushing too, and there's no compensating for that with the tools I have.

Last edited by XOIIO; February 7th, 2017 at 20:57..
Old February 15th, 2017, 16:01   #7
dokternik

That compensator shouldn't have that gap. I think the madbull one has fitment issues.
dokternik is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion