Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

First Airsoft gun mainly for CQB

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 3rd, 2017, 22:06   #1
Feels

First Airsoft gun mainly for CQB

First of all, I didnt know if this should have gone in the Newbie Tank or not so Im sorry in advance if this is in the wrong section. So i've played my first two airsoft matches and I loved it. Now Im thinking about buying a gun. Theres this guy on Kijiji selling a never used E&C SR16 URX4. I started talking to the guy and he says he makes me a deal for $250 with a Acog Red Dot and Flashlight, batteries and charger included. Now thing is, I love the way the gun looks but im afraid its too long for CQB AND then theres the FPS limit thing. The field Im going to be playing on has a 350fps limit and I dont know anything about Airsoft guns to change the spring or anything. What should I do? Buy a new, smaller gun designed for CQB or is this SR16 a good deal and decent at CQB? I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge and ignorance.
Feels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2017, 01:56   #2
dpvu

Send a message via MSN to dpvu
Get age verified and get a better gun from the classifieds here that's closer to what you actually want, probably better maintained and more suitable. There's lots of selection in the classifieds to choose from at all price and performance ranges.
Old February 4th, 2017, 07:53   #3
pzrwest

Send a message via AIM to pzrwest Send a message via MSN to pzrwest Send a message via Yahoo to pzrwest
I agree, get age verified there is a wealth of info and there are many here that can help you out
Old February 4th, 2017, 11:17   #4
CavemanSean

Send a message via MSN to CavemanSean Send a message via Skype™ to CavemanSean
I'll third the age verification as well.

You'll be MUCH happier in the long run (and possibly short run)
Old February 4th, 2017, 12:12   #5
Feels

Yea im in the process of getting age verified. Just waiting for a reply. Im really curious to see whats in the asc classifieds, I bet theres some pretty good deals there
Old February 4th, 2017, 13:46   #6
CavemanSean

Send a message via MSN to CavemanSean Send a message via Skype™ to CavemanSean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feels View Post
Yea im in the process of getting age verified. Just waiting for a reply. Im really curious to see whats in the asc classifieds, I bet theres some pretty good deals there
Well, just to give you an idea...

I was asking $300.00 for that and dropped it down to $250.00 and it sold...
Old February 4th, 2017, 14:39   #7
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
It's not something that I would depend on, I don't like buying used guns because some of them do tend to be buying someone else's problem, but it would give you an idea of what things are worth, you might get some deals, you might score a great gun too. All in all, it doesn't hurt to be AVed, it also helps gain some sort of legitimacy or clout on this particular community by showing a certain level of commitment, other people are generally more willing to assist you in one way or another, especially in finding harder to get items.
Old February 4th, 2017, 15:37   #8
dpvu

Send a message via MSN to dpvu
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
It's not something that I would depend on, I don't like buying used guns because some of them do tend to be buying someone else's problem, but it would give you an idea of what things are worth, you might get some deals, you might score a great gun too. All in all, it doesn't hurt to be AVed, it also helps gain some sort of legitimacy or clout on this particular community by showing a certain level of commitment, other people are generally more willing to assist you in one way or another, especially in finding harder to get items.
I agree that you need to be careful when buying used guns even here but I find most people are quite up front with issues. It just opens up a whole new set of options for OP. Without being AV'd you either take your chances on something in a used market (like OP is looking at Kijiji) where you don't have trader ratings and you really have no idea what that person's "airsoft aptitude" is or you have to go brand new from one of the various retail options.
Old February 4th, 2017, 16:07   #9
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the most misrepresented guns I've bought were off these forums, lol I make it my own policy now to only buy used guns local to me where I know the owner and history of the gun. This is me speaking as a gun tech now as well. I am tired of fixing other people's shit and halfassed repairs/upgrades.
Old February 4th, 2017, 19:31   #10
Feels

I found yet another deal on Kijiji where this guy is selling a WE Tech G18C and a Classic Army CA4A1 EC2 (which I havent found much about online) both with a bunch of mags, the glock has a silencer and high cap mag, the m4 has a bunch of accessories like flashlight, laser, red dot and a holster for the glock and both guns have the cases for them. On top of that hes selling a black vest with a bunch of mag pockets, gloves, mask and goggle. And on top of that he already switched the gun spring to make it CQB legal. Its pretty much everything I need to start enjoying this awesome sport. All this for $400. I think the guns alone are that expensive. Also comes with a 'ton' of BBs as he says. He says he used the gear and guns about 4 or 5 times but the sport just isnt for him. I know its a lot to read but im hoping someone here can help me decide if this is a good deal or not. It peaked my interest since its literally pretty much everything I need to start. And the gun looks cool but it doesnt seem to be amazing, regular entry level gun...
EDIT: The guy just sent me a detailed list of the entire item list that I had asked previously, here goes.
Classic army ca4a1 ec2
-red/green dot scope from my actual real rifle worth 150
-3 mags
-tracer unit (looks like supressor) flashes light to make certain bb's glow $100 bag of bb's that glow $30
-shoulder strap
-foregrip
-bb's roughly 3-4000 rounds in total
-rifle bag that holds 2 guns plus a lot of storage
-3x lipo batteries $30 each plus charger which is another $30 and also the factory battery and charger
-mask $25
-goggles $80
-2x vests $100 each in stores
-gloves $25

That's just the rifle now the glock
-we tech g18c $240 in stores
-3 magazines 1 of which is extended and it was worth $60
-bb's
-holster $40
-lazer $35
-case $25
Rifle bag $100 in stores maybe 80
And 1 and a half cans of green gas for the glock
There it is. So hes selling me all this for $400. What do you guys think

Last edited by Feels; February 4th, 2017 at 19:57..
Old February 4th, 2017, 20:39   #11
cetane

I stumbled apon a we g18 & 2x long mags on kijiji. $100. I missed out on it :-( I'll buy used shit only for dirt cheap now. Something I can flip and not loose on.

Where abouts in Toronto are you? If it's the Scarborough end along steeles I could av you if no one else has gotten back to you.
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2017, 20:48   #12
Feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetane View Post
I stumbled apon a we g18 & 2x long mags on kijiji. $100. I missed out on it :-( I'll buy used shit only for dirt cheap now. Something I can flip and not loose on.

Where abouts in Toronto are you? If it's the Scarborough end along steeles I could av you if no one else has gotten back to you.
So do you think this is a good deal or what. Im actually on Jane and St Clair but I dont drive so I hoping to get someone nearby unfortunately I havent gotten a reply from any of the 3 guys I messaged
Old February 4th, 2017, 21:36   #13
devbro

for random stuff go to kijiji. My first gun was from kijiji and I am just glad I paid only 100$ for it. rest of my arsenal come from asc classified. AV if you are really invested in airsoft.
VFC M4 MK18
CYMA AK47
TM MP5 First gen Rare find
TM MP5A5 with swordfish 2004
devbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2017, 22:29   #14
Tuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
the most misrepresented guns I've bought were off these forums, lol I make it my own policy now to only buy used guns local to me where I know the owner and history of the gun. This is me speaking as a gun tech now as well. I am tired of fixing other people's shit and halfassed repairs/upgrades.

I must echo Lurkingknight's cautionary tale. Get a.v.'d so you can benefit from knowing a broader market for what you may be interested. But more is not always better. As a tech who regularly fixes other "tech" work, don't get drawn in too much about pre-upgraded stuff no matter how rampant the popular name dropping is. While a lot of people know what they are talking about, execution is best left to those who know how to use tools properly. Read, learn, ask tones of questions and follow your gut.

Those two findings on kijiji you mentioned... i'd say if they are more local (convenient) to you than going into a store, they are worth a look. Otherwise, they aren't that great when compared to what you can actually get brand new at a retailer.
Since it's your first venture... you may also want to reconsider buying a huge "package deal" whereby you're committing a whole bunch of cash into something you might find you don't like... cause you won't get the money back...not with those two examples.
Get a.v.'d, go to the game, get to a store, hold and try a variety, and see what fits.
Tuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2017, 22:57   #15
RainyEyes

Quote:
What do you guys think
Classic army ca4a1 ec2
-red/green dot scope from my actual real rifle worth 150 is the rifle real or the scope is real? What is real? Get Jaden Smith in here. Seriously though show me the paperwork to show it's a real steel scope to justify a $150 price tag and not a ACM repro. Idgaf if his rifle is real or imaginary we're talking about the scope
-3 mags no price quote here? Are they midcap, highcap, etc?
-tracer unit (looks like supressor) flashes light to make certain bb's glow $100 bag of bb's that glow $30 tracer units are worth something but I wouldn't buy a used one at full like-new price
-shoulder strap if it's a 3 point sling throw it in the trash
-foregrip $10 tops MSRP used as a bargaining chip to sweeten the deal. No monetary value.
-bb's roughly 3-4000 rounds in total $20 depending on the brand
-rifle bag that holds 2 guns plus a lot of storage
-3x lipo batteries $30 each plus charger which is another $30 and also the factory battery and charger
-mask $25 this is MSRP you can get it cheaper for ACM versions
-goggles $80 what brand and model? Anti fog? Vented? Fans? Real-steel? Last goggles I bought were $25 six years ago and they were vented.
-2x vests $100 each in stores no more than $60 used and depending on the condition and the design
-gloves $25

That's just the rifle now the glock
-we tech g18c it's second hand. Used or gamed? No proof. 100 bucks tops.
-3 magazines 1 of which is extended and it was worth $60 ikc how much the MSRP was if the owner was a tard and it's scratches speaks damaged dropped that thing is worth $20 tops. Price differs by brand though.
-bb's
-holster $40 unless it's a real steel holster w/ paperwork it's half price
-lazer $35 you can't use lasers in most fields that thing belongs in the trash or a classroom. $10 tops.
-case $25
Rifle bag $100 in stores maybe 80 are you for real? Maybe at TA where they mark it up but princess auto sells it for half the price. You can get a Canadian tire hard rifle case for under $40. Better be a good plano lined one
And 1 and a half cans of green gas for the glock throw it in the garbage he's giving you half a can of something?
There it is. So hes selling me all this for $400.

For all that I would only pay 150 for the Glock and 3 mags and $150 for the CA rifle w/ 3 mags. Your total is 300 and now you have the remaining stuff like bb's holster and stuff.

It sounds like a good deal assuming everything is in working order and not in shambles. Gotta ask for details and specifics.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion