Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Bindon Aiming Concept. (both eyes open).

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old February 10th, 2013, 02:40   #1
blackjack21
ERMAHGERD DA SKER ERS FERLIN!

Bindon Aiming Concept. (both eyes open).

So I have a wonderfull x4 ACOG clone with a variable illuminated reticle, mounted on a VFC M4.

With one eye closed I can drill nails with it.

When I try the Bindon method (both eyes open) I miss regularly and my groupings are all over the place.

However I do want to get better at target aquisition and speed and I am told Bindon is the way to do it.

I have had limited success with both eyes open until th moment I am going to shoot I squint my weak eye to force the reticle to aim on my dominate eye. But it still feels slow.

Does anyone here have experiance and success with the Bindon Aiming concept?
blackjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:51   #2
peacekeeper
formerly bazza

All the time , shoot beter with both eyes open , i hate having to close one eye , takes away half my vision
peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:10   #3
RaisinBran

It's because clone Acogs have TERRIBLE eye relief, use a Eotech clone or aimpoint clone, If you want to use the Acog, buy the real thing or else you're stuck with the terrible eye relief.
JG M4A1
RaisinBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:24   #4
blackjack21
ERMAHGERD DA SKER ERS FERLIN!

Yea... 1.5k scope to put on a sub $500 gun... thats a bit too much letuce.

Just measured my eye relief, its about 1.5 inches which is pretty close to the real relief on the actual x4 acog.

Last edited by blackjack21; February 10th, 2013 at 10:37..
blackjack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:26   #5
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

2 eyes open is for red-dots and very low magnification scopes.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 10:41   #6
pugs144

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack21 View Post
So I have a wonderfull x4 ACOG clone with a variable illuminated reticle, mounted on a VFC M4.

Does anyone here have experiance and success with the Bindon Aiming concept?
Depends what reticle you have on your clone optic.

Last edited by pugs144; February 10th, 2013 at 10:43..
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:02   #7
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Are you focusing on the reticle or the target?

I have found with AGOG magnified optics I have to look at the target and focus on that or my groupings are all over the place.
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:25   #8
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

over 2 or 3x it becomes more dificult to aim with both eyes open.
also depending on yer dominant eye can make it more dificult.
i aim with both eyes open on 3x and iron sites all the time but it took alot of practice, i am a right handed shooter but i am left eye dominant at first when i tryed to do it the scope would become blury and distorted and i couldnt hit what i was aimin at if you payed me.
so i found out that i was left eye dominant thats why i could see everything well on the left eye but the scope would be all messed up.
if find that if i squint the left eye a lil bit it makes the right eye take over and the scope picture becomes clear and i can still see everything else outside the fov of the scope. After a while of doing this i have to squint less and it becomes easyer over time.

to test yer eye dominance you can either point at an object baisicly use your finger as a front sight post or you can put you hands together crossing the two thumbs and two pointer fingers to create a hole to look through.
the point or line up the hole infront of an object across the room with both eyes open, then close one eye and the the other. when you close your right eye if the object seems to move out of the circle or to the side of your finger then you are right eye dominant and vise versa.
as blackthorn said try to focus on the target and then bring tue sight up in front of your eyes to aim at the target rather then lookin through the site to aquire thebtarget so aquire target then aim
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; February 10th, 2013 at 11:29..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 13:40   #9
Danke

It is the magnification that's giving you trouble as already noted. Try a 1:1 optic or just your front sight post and see how you do.

This is why you'll see a 4x ACOG with irons or a Docter red dot mounted on top.

Your eyes are muscles, though if you exercise them maybe you can deal with the shifting focus from movement.

Last edited by Danke; February 10th, 2013 at 13:45..
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 15:33   #10
-=ArchAngel=-

what ranges are you running drills at?
From what im reading, its more useable the closer range you are using it. And of course, the further away, the less useful.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 18:55   #11
pugs144

Taken from another forum YMMV.

Quote:
ACOG, Red dots, and optics in general don't "have" the Bindon Aiming Concept (BAC). The BAC is simply how the brain handles optical input and how it superimposes one eyes view over the other. ANY scope with a single, dominant focal-point/reticle will have BAC. Conversely, scopes without a dominant focal point (e.g. traditional German crosshair, mil-dot, and similar reticles) don't work with BAC because they don't have a dominant focal point. It doesn't matter if it's lit or unlit, it's all about having a defined, single point of aim (although lighting a good reticle design can make it more effective).

So, to answer your question, it's all about the reticle design. Since these scopes don't have reticles with a clear, single defined point of aim, they won't work with the BAC (or work very well).

pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:39   #12
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

some people have issues training eye dominance out... If you have a pistol.. which eye do you find yourself drawing to and aiming with?

I actually find I go to my left, though I am right handed, but I shoot my rifles off the right eye.

I think there's exercises you can do to train to switch your eye... I've tried it, though I'm not sure if it's successful or not since it feels I can switch focus pretty easily already.

Take something nice and flat like a sheet of paper... hold it up between your eyes so your vision is split... practice changing focus so you see out of each eye. Might help if you write a unique symbol on either side of the paper to give you something to focus on. The faster you can do it, the better off you'll be when sighting.

I generally don't shoot both eyes open through anything greater than 3x magnification... it gets really weird trying to focus one eye in the distance while the other is focused close.
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:50   #13
Danke

You want to build your eyes to focus at two separate locations or depths?

Nothing does it like this. http://www.magiceye.com/enter.html

I did the whole un focus your eyes like people say an they never worked.

Then I shifted focus like you would when shooting with iron sights at a distance. Focus on the front sight, then the target, and back and forth.

Presto, you can see the pony.
Old February 11th, 2013, 14:40   #14
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
I only aim with both eyes open with red dot or iron sight I painted bright green or red points on.
If I try to do that with anything else (even my scope on 1x magnification, not a knock off, it's a long eye relief Leapers scope) I have problems lining up reticle or sights with target.

I found that's one of the things not everyone can do no matter of much the ones who can say "baby steps".

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 18:21   #15
Metalsynth

Try squinting the non dominant eye a bit without closing it all the way until you get used to it and gradually try to open it more everytime.

Certified Level 2 BA Sniper
Si ton épée est trop courte, allonge la d'un pas. ( Proverbe Hongrois )
Metalsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures