Airsoft Media

Old March 17th, 2011, 22:05   #1
Singuy

My Magpul Masada Video Review

http://www.youtube.com/user/Singuy88.../0/EcGCI41abnE
Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 02:47   #2
Black Patch

Why did you buy this ? You realise that they are complete toss correct ?
Old March 18th, 2011, 03:20   #3
Singuy

In what way? Care to explain? I know in order to find the most accurate replica of the gun is to get the magpul version(I've shot the real masada, and I honestly have to say the two are pretty close).

The internals so far are fine..still haven't gotten a problem...the hopup can be improved by the use of a m120 spring and a guarder's bucking...am I missing something?
Old March 18th, 2011, 03:48   #4
PaddMadd
uMadd, Padd?

Send a message via MSN to PaddMadd
From the pictures I've seen of the AK receiver, it won't fit standard AK mags. The "AK" mags for the 7.62 receiver will be proprietary from Magpul PTS.
PaddMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 03:57   #5
Singuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddMadd View Post
From the pictures I've seen of the AK receiver, it won't fit standard AK mags. The "AK" mags for the 7.62 receiver will be proprietary from Magpul PTS.
That's a total fail, but I guess for those who wants that true authentic feel...but if it's true then it's just stupid. Oh well, it's all about the $$$ for magpul.
Old March 18th, 2011, 23:58   #6
Black Patch

It's a MAGPUL mate.
They designed it to be a weapons system for the military and failed (I say this due to the fact that it has been out since 2006/2007? and is now a civilian model rifle and still has product recalls and also for the below reason)
The military decided it was useless in comparison to the H&K 416 and the SCAR. (SOCOM won't use it and they use ANYTHING at all.....
The weapon is of flimsy construction when compared to the SCAR and offers no tangible benefits over the M4 platform or the SCAR.

In my opinion (and I don't give a toss what others think) they are a poorly designed, ineffectual, poorly built weapons system for the modern battlefield.

In summary a pointless feat of engineering and shite for the intended role of military weapon system.

There thats why.
Old March 19th, 2011, 03:55   #7
grimreefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Patch View Post
It's a MAGPUL mate.
They designed it to be a weapons system for the military and failed (I say this due to the fact that it has been out since 2006/2007? and is now a civilian model rifle and still has product recalls and also for the below reason)
The military decided it was useless in comparison to the H&K 416 and the SCAR. (SOCOM won't use it and they use ANYTHING at all.....
The weapon is of flimsy construction when compared to the SCAR and offers no tangible benefits over the M4 platform or the SCAR.

In my opinion (and I don't give a toss what others think) they are a poorly designed, ineffectual, poorly built weapons system for the modern battlefield.

In summary a pointless feat of engineering and shite for the intended role of military weapon system.

There thats why.
Does that somehow relate to how the airsoft gun performs?
Old March 19th, 2011, 04:10   #8
scurvythepirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singuy View Post
That's a total fail, but I guess for those who wants that true authentic feel...but if it's true then it's just stupid. Oh well, it's all about the $$$ for magpul.
No, the reason this had to be done is because the AEG would not feed where standard AK mags feeing port is, therefore it had to be moved forwards to feed into the AEG.
Old March 19th, 2011, 04:29   #9
Black Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreefer View Post
Does that somehow relate to how the airsoft gun performs?
I guess not mate. Yet I see no point in the world of Airsoft in buying something that is shit in the REAL world and trying like hell to make it look cool in the world of playing soldier.

If your sig picture is anything to go by though, you will know that holding the magazine well is for idiots. Do it right and place the left hand upon the forestock. This allows the proper weapons handling stance to be maintained.
Old March 19th, 2011, 06:32   #10
PugsleyAdams

Airsoft isn't the real world, it's for fun! People have the right to use whatever gear/weapons they prefer, and people who have to slam them for what they like and how they hold something whether it's realistic or not are idiots! Lose the attitude.....MATE!
PugsleyAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 08:26   #11
PaddMadd
uMadd, Padd?

Send a message via MSN to PaddMadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugsleyAdams View Post
Airsoft isn't the real world, it's for fun! People have the right to use whatever gear/weapons they prefer, and people who have to slam them for what they like and how they hold something whether it's realistic or not are idiots! Lose the attitude.....MATE!
This.
PaddMadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 08:35   #12
pugs144

Quote:
If your sig picture is anything to go by though, you will know that holding the magazine well is for idiots. Do it right and place the left hand upon the forestock. This allows the proper weapons handling stance to be maintained.
It's entirely possible to provide corrective advice without using the word 'idiot' and implying that grimreefer is one.

Last edited by pugs144; March 19th, 2011 at 08:38..
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 08:47   #13
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
I guess not mate. Yet I see no point in the world of Airsoft in buying something that is shit in the REAL world and trying like hell to make it look cool in the world of playing soldier.

you've been on ASC for less than a month, cool down, you don't own it. You aren't the master of how we all play.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 13:27   #14
grimreefer

Quote:

I'm aware that holding the magazine well is not the correct way to fire a real M4. And yet I find myself doing it occasionally because it's comfortable (especially when leaning out from cover). I do a lot of things in airsoft that would be considered wrong or flat out ridiculous in real life. I shoot from the open, and I run into impossible firefights. I play airsoft for fun, not training. Others like yourself might want to squeeze every bit of realism into it, and that's cool. I'm not about to criticize it.

Last edited by grimreefer; March 19th, 2011 at 13:32..
grimreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 13:27   #15
Black Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
you've been on ASC for less than a month, cool down, you don't own it. You aren't the master of how we all play.
Fair play. I will leave it at this. I dislike with a sincere passion the Magpul Masada.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media