Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G36c flash hider on an M4

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 14th, 2012, 18:16   #1
mike_sinyard
derp!

G36c flash hider on an M4

I bought a G36c flash hider from Toronto airsoft to fit onto my KA M4A1. I made sure it was a 14mm CCW thread. When it FINALLY got here turns out it doesnt fit. its very hard to explain but basically a G36c must have a smaller barrel because the flash hider seems to slide over the barrel about a half inch before the threads connect. The M4`s barrel however is thicker meaning i cant fit the flash hider over the barrel to reach the threading... So my question... is it not possible to interchange flash hiders from other guns even though the threading is the same.
Lesson learned i guess. It was only $15 so not a huge deal.
Old November 14th, 2012, 18:43   #2
▼Stripes▲

Most flashhiders will work on most barrels provided they have the same threading and the threads start at the rear of the flash hired. The g36 just has recessed threads and will only work on barrels narrow enough. I've put an m4 flashhider on my g36 with no problems and my p90 came with an m4 flashhider on it.
▼Stripes▲ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 19:18   #3
mike_sinyard
derp!

The problem is (your not gunna believe this) but im actually having troubles finding a flash hider locally. it seems everyone is alwys sold out of them and even places like mach1 and toronto airsoft all the good flash hiders are "out of stock"
So do you think it would be possible to grind down the inside of the flash hider from the G36 until it fits over the barrel so the threads connect? ive been trying with a rotary tool(its all i have) with pretty much no luck. i have noticed a difference but ill be here forever doing it. is there a better way
Old November 14th, 2012, 19:24   #4
▼Stripes▲

it's possible but it's mostly dependent on the tools you have available. you could put some coarse sandpaper on a drill and enlarge it. that seems like the cheapest most ghetto way to do it.
Old November 14th, 2012, 19:30   #5
mike_sinyard
derp!

Thats basically wat a rotary tool is except theres heads made for grinding rather than samdpaper... but its not really working out that well
Old November 14th, 2012, 19:39   #6
▼Stripes▲

ya I know but I just outlined the cheapest way to do it. What's the problem you're having?
Old November 15th, 2012, 00:26   #7
mike_sinyard
derp!

Got the flash hider on there.. Went to my buddies house and he used an electric grinder to saw off the back end of the flash hider. Then grinded it right down to the threading... Did a little touch up with a sharpie and it looks amazing.. Good job!!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner