my vietnam load out

:

Vietnam

Old December 18th, 2011, 02:31   #1
RUSTSPOT
Sgt. Sparkles

my vietnam load out

just picked up a type 56. and bought shit loads of vietnam stuff on ebay

US GI belt, suspender, butt pack , tiger stripe uniform, 1911 holster+ mag pouches, on and on.... oh and ofcuz a Chicom rig

this is what the gun looked like as i received yesterday

[img]

today i went to a gun store and they had AK upper and lower hand guard + and chinese SKS sling , all in a grand total of 50 bucks tax in.... i know some of you prefer wearing the gun out by gaming it. but lets face it. if you play twice a week ,every week for a year. itd only be 100 days or so of use. thats nothing compare of years of service in harsh condition in the vietnam war. plus i could never get the barrel hot enough to burn the wood in an airsoft. so i went ahead and age the spare hand guard + the rest of the gun to match.

burn it from the in side out by heating the gas tube

ran over the rest of the gun with scotch brite and steel wool

little bit of rust and heat damage look.

half my load out, still waiting for the era correct stuff i mentioned above.

im waiting for this....

sort of inspired by this.

bit of an update. my tiger strips arrived. still waiting for the chicom and 1911 holster.

Last edited by RUSTSPOT; December 22nd, 2011 at 01:32..
RUSTSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 02:36   #2
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

looks awesome, though i think you need to tackle that grip as well it looks too new and shiny.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 02:56   #3
RUSTSPOT
Sgt. Sparkles

ya, i scuffed it down since i took the pics along with the edges of the stock and dust cover. i dont want to make it look tooo old. i think i got it just right at this point
Old December 18th, 2011, 04:17   #4
McKee
Merica'

Send a message via MSN to McKee
Thats a cool technique.. It looks great. Youve got to apply the process to the whole gun though or the wear is going to look uneven and consequently artificial.

Commanding in Airsoft
McKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2011, 21:24   #5
RUSTSPOT
Sgt. Sparkles

only thing still missing is a period correct pistol holster and mag pouch which are on their way from ebay

its this set.
Old December 29th, 2011, 21:50   #6
5kull

Very nice! Cant wait to order my loadout, after christmas. Already ordered my G&P Stoner
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 01:08   #7
Graham

Send a message via MSN to Graham
Hard to tell in the photos (on my phone) but it appears that your pistol belt is too modern (at least, in the photo closer to the top) as well as the ALICE 30rnd magazine pouches. Can you find a date on the suspenders? I'm not sure I've ever seen a set with the metal clasps on the shoulders (on the back).

Please don't take this as me being a dick, just trying to be helpful.

Join us on the HAA (link in my sig below)
Old December 30th, 2011, 01:42   #8
oniwagamaru
Occifer

From the looks of things, the belt is right for the era... I am not entirely sure what impression you are going for as far as units but it looks closer to a seal load out than anything. I would also like to know if there is a specific timeline you are going for as those suspenders were issued later on in the war when it was winding down. You are better off with the 1956 suspenders to look the part. Like what Graham said, get the actual 20 rd pouches even though you are using an AK... people stored mission essential stuff in those since you clearly cant hold AK mags in them hahaha.

One last thing... police those straps dude... it might get caught on to shit it kinda looks sloppy lmao.
REGULAR GUY
Certified Level 34 Autosniper
μολών λαβε
oniwagamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 04:20   #9
RUSTSPOT
Sgt. Sparkles

thanks for all the inputs!

the suspender and mag pouches are M1967,not the one in the first post. thats a Y strap suspender and plastic buckle dated in the 80's, i no longer used that set, up dated pic can be found on post #5. according to this http://www.vietnamgear.com/equipment.aspx?cat=8 they are period correct for late war load out. and im trying to go for a SEALs load out as they use what ever they could get their hands on around that time( i'll probably be wearing jeans for games. )

this is my first time trying to go for a theme and i must say its been a lot of fun trying to buy the right stuff. i used to just wear what ever i have to suit my needs as a paintball player. but now that i switched to airsoft, with how realistic the guns looks, it seems that im being the one looking out of place with just any kinda camo or casual wear. i will update things to suit the era as i do more research. i sorta had to work around the rifle(its the only gun i have and i wanted a full stock version with a bayonet but this folder came up at a good price. so i just got to use what i have) the m1916 holster and those mag pouches should be period correct. ive done many nights of googling to find actual Vietnam war pic of the equipments being used to build my load out so i think im doing alright. but im open to suggestions to what i should add or take away.most pouches and bits are not that expensive and are within my reach.

and ya, i have secured the straps after i took these pics. i asked my girl friend to snap couple pic as i was toying with the straps lengths. i do want to get 1956 pouches but friend gave me these 1967 pouches for free ,so again, i kinda had to work with what i have .

Last edited by RUSTSPOT; December 30th, 2011 at 04:25..
Old December 30th, 2011, 09:40   #10
Graham

Half the fun of building a period kit is the research and the hunt for correct items

Google "Vietnam Airsoft" and joint the VNAS boards. So much knowledge and helpful people who will support your quest for an authentic kit.
Old January 1st, 2012, 20:59   #11
Andres

Looked great at the game! Shame you weren't out for my pseudo-nam game in the summer at Panther.
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 03:06   #12
RUSTSPOT
Sgt. Sparkles

bit of an update

new adition to the family, A&K m60. just finish rewiring the entire gun with heavy gauge wires. got raid of the crappy china shit they call wiring ( gamed it once and one of the wire melted!)

also ebay'ed a canvas suspender along with m1956 mag pouches for 30 bucks shipped! plus picked up a M18 smoke grenade gas charger by vfc.

Old March 15th, 2012, 21:24   #13
BoomHoweR

Now that looks good dude...
Get on Historic airsoft alberta and the VNAS forums as Graham said already
like what you got goin on dude.
Old March 15th, 2012, 21:40   #14
Graham

Aaaawwwweee shiiiit. You got the "Boomer Seal of Approval"

Old March 15th, 2012, 23:31   #15
RUSTSPOT
Sgt. Sparkles

better pic

new addition , plastic M7 bayonet(from a buddy, dont ask me where to get it)and m8 sheath from local surplus store for 5 bucks
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Vietnam