legal issues - please help

:

Frequently Asked Questions

Closed Thread

Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:36   #1
G Unit

Send a message via MSN to G Unit
Question legal issues - please help

k listen, me and my friend were just airsofting out in a field. just the two of us. somebody walkin by, or someone that saw us on the way there in our camo called the police. a few rounds later, the police came out, pistols drawn and loaded, and made my friend and i drop our guns and walk with our hands in the air to a cruiser. after a bit of discussion, it was agreed that no criminal charges would be pressed if my friend and i signed out AEGs over to be destroyed.

i questioned the police and they said that "it is illegal to posess a replica fire arm unless it follows under the grandfather clause (means that you can only own one if u owned it previous to the law being made). we cannot purchase any more guns and the company that we did purchase the AEGs off of will be contacted."

basically, the games anywhere are illegal, owning an airsoft rifle is illegal, and anything having to do with this site is illegal.

what i wanna no is, was i right to sign over my AEG to be destroyed, and what is the actual legal limits to airsofts? i do not know the laws and im hoping someone reading this post will. please help me. thnx
Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:38   #2
Kid

Please tell me you were in a small town with no reporters.

ALWAYS inform the police of what you are doing.

ALWAYS do it on private property and NEVER in view.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:40   #3
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
Well you were playing in a field so that was your first mistake. People were around was your second. Despite constant warnings on this site saying otherwise you took your gun somewhere other than a field and could have been shot. This sport is all up to interpritation leaving it basically at peoples discretion what to do.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:40   #4
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Ok, I can't stop the flaming in this thread. You were dumb, preriod.

Next, chances are either the cops are mis-informed, or were just trying to scare you out of your airsoft interest. Hope you know that a fair number of regular airsofters on fields just happen to actually BE cops, city, provincial, etc. Seems they'd be much more in the know than the average cop on the beat. Regarding the laws for airsoft, the CFC doens't put it in black & white, it's all various shades of grey that is super difficult to understand. If airsoft guns were illegal, why is it that those having a licence to import them, say Tru, have their GUN orders sit at customs for a few days, they go through each and every box, then pack it back up and mail it to him. Still illegal? Nope.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:41   #5
Yuxi
Retired

You deserve nothing from us for your gross irresponsibility.

It is for the best that your AEGs are destroyed, and hopefully the media does not get a wiff of this stink.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:44   #6
BC_K
Banned

No, Airsoft is not illegal.

BRANDISHING WHAT LOOKS LIKE A FIREARM IN PUBLIC THO..........

To be honest, what the fuck were you expecting to happen when?

The officer had reasonable enough grounds to confiscate your & your friends AEG's, They shouldnt have ever been out in a field. Designated fields only.

Hope ya learned a valueable lesson from this whole situation, Your lucky you didnt get shot.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:48   #7
Greylocks

Let's add things up, just for kicks.

16 years old.

Gun seen in public.

You're lucky that you are not in a cage right now, or on a slab. Kiss airsoft goodbye.

What did you expect here, exactly? Tender loving care and support? You joined in October 2005 and read absolutely nothing that is posted everywhere almost daily?

MODS! This one, like the guy who got his gun seized, should be pinned up here together because it seems nobody believes that this level of stupidity can happen. The old farts are just scare-mongers... yeah, right.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:50   #8
[Lithium]

I am no old enough tp play as yet, but as an enthusiast, im hoping my opinion counts here. yuxi is right, you dont deserve anything now, espcially after this. if the cops reacted in even a slghtly different manner, you could be dead and so could the game many people here love. It was very moronic fo you to do something like go play in a field, becaus people WILL see you unless its at a place designated for the sport. Not to mention, jsut the sight of two people wlaking along city streets in full military gear migth give people the wrong idea.

i am glad those cops took your guns. Hopefully, you never get the chance to ruin he sport ever again.

Fyi, i think airsoft guns ARE legal.. bt there are restrictions. Read the laws before you call mass amounts of people criminals
Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:50   #9
G Unit

no, we were not on public propterty. we were out of town limits, no reporters or nothing, we didnt brandish them in public and we were not being irresponisble. we hid them up until the point where we were off in the distance, out of town limits, and in a secluded field.

just makin sure everyone is aware of that. we had no control over who was takin a walk in the bush, not our fault. :-x
Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:50   #10
Digital_Assasin

Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:52   #11
[Lithium]

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Unit
we hid them up until the point where we were off in the distance, out of town limits, and in a secluded field.

i know for sure, that hiding weapons both real and replica is highly illegal
Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:53   #12
Pip

Send a message via MSN to Pip
Quote:
no, we were not on public propterty. we were out of town limits, no reporters or nothing, we didnt brandish them in public and we were not being irresponisble. we hid them up until the point where we were off in the distance, out of town limits, and in a secluded field.

just makin sure everyone is aware of that. we had no control over who was takin a walk in the bush, not our fault. :-x

I'm not even starting with this one.....
Smelly troll is smelly.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:54   #13
Greylocks

Quote:

Wrong; entirely your fault. Public means ANYWHERE a member of the PUBLIC can see you. And guess what? You were seen. Cope with it.
You decided to play someplace that was not authorized, nobody forced you.
I'm ready to bet you did not tell the police first either.
No pity, and dont try to cover that spectacular level of a goof. You're just fanning the flames above and beyond the limit.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:54   #14
G Unit

not that kind of hide, i meant we kept them out of peoples view and we were drivin out into the bush a ways then we walked out onto the trial to find a natural sand pit
Old February 3rd, 2006, 18:59   #15
BC_K
Banned

Quote:

Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Frequently Asked Questions