Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Were are you fitness wise? Do you have the minimum to make it in the CF?

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old January 23rd, 2013, 13:51   #46
Jimski

fitness level: christmas
Old January 23rd, 2013, 17:39   #47
Moonschlagen

Just found this thread! Proving very informative so far. At the low end of the BMI scale (6ft 155lbs) so I just need to build more muscle and eat healthier (damn bachelor lifestyle!).

Secondary:
TM Glock 17
Moonschlagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 19:25   #48
Gonzo Sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
Have you tried running with a neck gator or something covering your mouth? It might help.
A bit...I find it screws with my breathing as well. Hard to explain. I feel like I am not fully catching my breath. I'm sure if I absolutely had to I could get through it though.
Gonzo Sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 21:20   #49
Reaper87

Don't concern yourself with BMI unless your not an active person. According to BMI I'm obese lol I' m 200 pounds and lean so obviously it does not apply to people who train or are athletic and such.

The CF fitness standards are pretty low and ( in the Reserves ) if you dont meet the minimum standards they still accept you and you have to obtain the standard by the end of BMQ
Reaper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2013, 09:49   #50
XxBatteryxX

I think I'd meet it all minus the run :P I've been working out daily for 1-2 hours a day for the last 4-5 years. I'm 20 y/o male, 5 foot 10, 180lbs. I work almost exclusively on strength training because I hate running. That being said I run stairs with a weighted training vest 2-3 times a week for 30 mins.
XxBatteryxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2013, 12:29   #51
dwsage

does anyone find it unfair that women have a significantly easier test in the RMC? In the battlefield, I'm sure a c7 or a rucksack or extra ammo that needs to be in a certain spot, won't care if you are male or female. If I were to be in the military (I would pass the physical test fairly easily btw), I would really want the soldier next to me to be able to do at least what I can do. Is that unrealistic of me to expect that?
Old February 9th, 2013, 13:04   #52
JKxWKW

I applied for the CF to be posted in CGG or RMR and i passed all the test but the medical due to my eye perscription. Ill be getting surgery for them but not until they stabalize which is prolly going to be around my 20s. Once its done im forsure reapplying or ima call to see if my file is still active.
JKxWKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 03:35   #53
illestgoose

I meet the standards. But I should be able to do more. Anyway if you're joining the CF you should strive to be above those standards. Example: If they ask you for 30 push ups, you better be able to do 50.
illestgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 18:16   #54
Reaper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsage View Post
does anyone find it unfair that women have a significantly easier test in the RMC? In the battlefield, I'm sure a c7 or a rucksack or extra ammo that needs to be in a certain spot, won't care if you are male or female. If I were to be in the military (I would pass the physical test fairly easily btw), I would really want the soldier next to me to be able to do at least what I can do. Is that unrealistic of me to expect that?
Not sure about RMC but although the women had an easier entry test during BMQ , SQ , ect they had to do the same amount of running , push ups , sit ups , ect as the men did. So in the end it did nt matter.

And yes you should definitely strive to be above standards. I remember the first time we were told we had to do 10 push ups. I thought it was going to be easy except the instructor who was setting the pace did each push up extremely slow. Was incredibly hard
Reaper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 10:12   #55
Snyper42

I rejoined the CF at 42 and had no probs with the physical side. Did all the different tests but like it was already said, trust your training and don't forget to DO IT. The new pt test is quite easy with next to no running. There is more lifting in it but its only sandbags. lol (I can lift them easily with one hand - repeatedly) Not sure if this new universal test is going to be used as an entry test but I'm sure that basic training has a lot more physical "fun" in store for you. Generally speaking everyone should be doing regular physical activity, we CF members are lucky that we have training as part of our job.
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:51   #56
Silverback93

The physical fitness standards of the CF need to be raised IMO. As a serving member, the fitness standard are a joke. If you're in a job that requires you to be physically fit all the time, the standards should be much higher.

Somebody who is half decent shape and hits the gym 3-5 times a week or does some sort of "real" physical activity would have no trouble meeting the standard.
Silverback93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 15:32   #57
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Condireing I get heatstroke very fast above the 25°C Line I probably wouldn't be deemed fit for duty even though I pass everything below that temperature
But on the weight thing I always say to not try being Rambo or Terminator : when you didn't get anything to eat for some time you'll be glad to have some fuel stored in you.

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 17:39   #58
OTTAWAlonewolf

The highest I got on EXPRES test was
push up: 52
sit up:57
OTTAWAlonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 20:59   #59
Magnaroth

I believe I qualify in every entry level standard. However, I don't think I'd be able to actually get into the CF 'cause of flat-feet. I remember hearing something about that being a valid excuse to dodge the draft in past wars. Am I correct about this?
Old June 30th, 2013, 07:58   #60
Alexandre [U-OPS]

Very interesting subject : PT for MilSim. In France, doing PT to prepare MilSim events is considered as a "para-military" activity by the vast majority of non-MilSim Airsoft player. But it's still legal.

French MilSim Community : www.u-ops.fr - Follow us on Facebook
Our last MilSim CQB video (Paris) - GoPro HD3 Black Edition
Alexandre [U-OPS] is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures