Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ares ms338 & ares ms700!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 2nd, 2015, 09:11   #181
jomor

AIR

Two things here. One It's the look of this weapon that has me wanting one. Secondly I'm not into having a tank on my back. I have never been of gas or hpa for airsoft sniper rifles. Like you said, a DMR would be good. I like bolt action rifles and the MSR is stunning. I have a few bolt action rifles and all of them need upgrading into the several Hundred dollar range.
Thank you for your input. All suggestions are welcome!
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2015, 09:21   #182
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomor View Post
Two things here. One It's the look of this weapon that has me wanting one. Secondly I'm not into having a tank on my back. I have never been of gas or hpa for airsoft sniper rifles. Like you said, a DMR would be good. I like bolt action rifles and the MSR is stunning. I have a few bolt action rifles and all of them need upgrading into the several Hundred dollar range.
Thank you for your input. All suggestions are welcome!
As much as you like the looks of the Ares MSR, too many reports of it breaking just after a few magazines.

Last edited by SuperHog; September 2nd, 2015 at 09:44..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2015, 09:52   #183
MrCarrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
As much as you like the looks of the Ares MSR, too many reports of it breaking just after a few magazines.
I can attest to this as well. Lots of issues. Can be fixed with upgrades, but they will cost about as much as the gun. That is my winter project this year. I love the look of it too, but you really need to put a lot of time an money to make it into anything functional and reliable
MrCarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2015, 16:44   #184
jomor

Upgrades

That's why I'm looking for the upgrade parts now. It's either going to be a project gun or I will find parts that fit it and go from there. Thanks for all the input. Keep the upgrade parts list coming.
Old September 2nd, 2015, 22:19   #185
SuperHog

Quote:
That's why I'm looking for the upgrade parts now. It's either going to be a project gun or I will find parts that fit it and go from there. Thanks for all the input. Keep the upgrade parts list coming.
PDI is pretty much the best you are going to get for upgrades, but they don't support Ares.

You are better off getting this custom kit from Novritsch because it is a drop in kit and if you have issues, he can support you.

http://novritsch.com/shop/ares-msr-tuning-kit/
Old September 3rd, 2015, 00:20   #186
jomor

cost

Thanks SuperHog. That's the kit I have been looking at. But $400. without a review on it..I'm a little skeptical!
Old September 3rd, 2015, 06:39   #187
MrCarrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
PDI is pretty much the best you are going to get for upgrades, but they don't support Ares.

You are better off getting this custom kit from Novritsch because it is a drop in kit and if you have issues, he can support you.

http://novritsch.com/shop/ares-msr-tuning-kit/
PDI does actually have a few cylinder sets for Ares

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...W338_MS338.htm
Old September 3rd, 2015, 09:01   #188
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCarrington View Post
PDI does actually have a few cylinder sets for Ares

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...W338_MS338.htm
Oh, my bad.

That PDI kit should be nice for the MS338 for sure.
Old September 3rd, 2015, 09:07   #189
MrCarrington

Yeah, I'm waiting on a paycheck to buy one and put it into mine. Wasn't an easy thing to find when I first started looking but I'm hoping PDI will make more parts for them
Old September 3rd, 2015, 10:36   #190
jomor

PDI

Now that PDI kit is perfect!!! Thanks so much for that post and link!!!!!
Old September 4th, 2015, 20:50   #191
jomor

SEAR set

Wonder if the sear set for the AW338 will work in the MSR? I came across a sear set on evike and lists it as set for Ares 338. It doesn't say which one,so I'm hoping that's for both. Can some one confirm or deny this for me? Please and thanks.
Old September 29th, 2015, 07:42   #192
shooterwoman

The Ares MS338 spring powered bolt action sniper is replica of the Modular Sniper Rifle MSR Sniper Rifle. I bought mine from Mach 1 Airsoft .Performs extremely well out of the box all though the hop is a pain to adjust with a hex key that is placed midway on top of the rail system. This is truly royal.
http://mach1airsoft.com/product/ares...38-dark-earth/
shooterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2015, 09:06   #193
MrCarrington

Quote:
Wonder if the sear set for the AW338 will work in the MSR? I came across a sear set on evike and lists it as set for Ares 338. It doesn't say which one,so I'm hoping that's for both. Can some one confirm or deny this for me? Please and thanks.
http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/identifyyourrifle.htm

On there says the sear sets are not compatible with any other rifle.

I just ordered the PDI cylinder set and already have a new hop up, steel trigger assembly and outer barrel all direct from Ares.

I'll post up once I get the cylinder and install everything with a review and how well it all goes together.

(I have the MS700 so it will be a little different for the 338 since it seems to be slightly better quality but internally, most of the parts I have are supposed to work in both)
Old May 28th, 2020, 13:44   #194
texchild51

Hey Guys I just got this in a trade an had to wait fer the the proprietary cocking pin as I couldn't make this on my own. Now that it in I am slam firing. What is the cheapest way to correct this issue? thanks in advance
Old May 28th, 2020, 14:33   #195
tanaya_yt

Quote:
Originally Posted by texchild51 View Post
Hey Guys I just got this in a trade an had to wait fer the the proprietary cocking pin as I couldn't make this on my own. Now that it in I am slam firing. What is the cheapest way to correct this issue? thanks in advance
wow, necropost. btw, you can first check your piston, you probably get one from the first production batch, which has plastic piston. the later batch has metal piston, but you can still check it. the second part that fails mostly is the trigger sear, which probably wear off. you can email Ares airsoft to specifically buy only that part, or buy a new entire trigger assembly. There are some choices, but I think the cheapest one is s-trigger from springer custom works slovakia. if you know novritz, he also made one sometime ago with a whopping price, although it includes the inner barrel. hope this helps and you can decide fast, as parts and upgrades for msr is becoming rarer
tanaya_yt is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion