Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM P226 slide doesn't lock back.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 27th, 2008, 15:52   #46
dodger_me

i know that if i push up on the catch as i shoot it will lock back, so it could be the spring that pushes it back down

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andrew. View Post
turns out i had to take the battey out of the stock and charge it right from the battery wire..not the wire that connects to the gun
dodger_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 16:03   #47
Griffin

Dodger when you manually attempt to engage the slide stop by pushing it up, do you have to use a lot of force or a little to get it to catch. I find I really need to be pushing up on the catch for it to lock.
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 16:06   #48
dodger_me

Ya i remember really pushing it up. Unfortunately i dont have my 226 with me so i cant check to see if that wearing is causing it for me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andrew. View Post
turns out i had to take the battey out of the stock and charge it right from the battery wire..not the wire that connects to the gun
dodger_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 23:25   #49
KEVORKIAN

Try filing the slide catch notch on the slide itself...makes a big difference. It allows the catch lever to travel higher.
It also helps to elongate this opening towards the hammer, maybe an 1/8"...

Mine has been working without any glitches! Keep on trying!

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2008, 13:26   #50
Crunchmeister

I received a Canada Post slip in the mail today. Checked the tracking, and turns out it's my metal slide. I'll be picking it up tomorrow, and I'll let you guys know if it's got the required replacement part included or not. I see the now discontinued full metal frame / slide kit on Cobra Airsoft and other sites comes with the cage. I'm hoping the slide does, but not overly hopeful it will...
Old January 29th, 2008, 13:44   #51
Crunchmeister

The metal slide kit I got from Cobra doesn't include the damaged part. So much for that wishful thinking
Old January 29th, 2008, 13:46   #52
KEVORKIAN

Did you get an upgraded recoil spring for the new slide ? LKet us know how she performs when installed!

Old January 29th, 2008, 15:10   #53
Crunchmeister

I received the kit today. The package includes everything you see in the pic below.

First there's the slide itself. It looks very well made. It looks identical to the stock ASB slide from the gun. Take them apart and put them side by side, and you would't be able to tell any difference. Trademarks are deep and well engraved. No half-assed shallow engraving here. It really is identical to the TM ABS part in every way except material. The slide has none of the internals or sights. You have to transfer everything from your gun onto this one.

Next is the metal outer barrel. Again, looks just like the TM part, only metal. Not sure what else to say about this. I don't know enough about this stuff to be able to accurately gauge quality, but it seems decent enough.

In the bag comes the enhanced recoil spring, which doesn't feel significantly stiffer than the stock spring. And there's another small plastic part the I THINK is a cylinder head or something. I'm not really sure, exactly what it is, but I know there's a similar part in the gas block on the stock gun. By its shape and size, I assume it's a cylinder head. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I won't be installing this right away for a couple of reasons. First, I'm expecting a bunch of other parts from eHobby Asia to upgrade this gun. That includes a Nineball 6.03 tightbore barrel, King Arms airseal chamber, Guarder steel spring guide, and Guarder 150% recoil and hammer springs. Secondly, I sent my old slide back to Hellfire today and he'll be sending me a brand new one when he ships me my RS Type 56 later today.

I will let everyone know how it works out when I get it upgraded.
Old January 29th, 2008, 15:28   #54
Flatlander

Send a message via MSN to Flatlander
Crunch, what brand is that slide/barrel kit and where'd you get it from?
Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2008, 15:30   #55
Crunchmeister

Creation Metal Slide & Outer Barrel for Marui SIG P226 Rail from Cobra Airsoft.

http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_...14cdf74cb84576
Old January 29th, 2008, 15:42   #56
Griffin

Yup Crunch stumbled onto a very good find.
Old January 29th, 2008, 15:56   #57
Crunchmeister

I don't know how Creation ranks in terms of quality compared to other after-market metal parts manufacturers like G&P and Guarder, but it SEEMS to be of decent quality as far as I can tell. Besides, on Cobra, the Creation slide kit alone costs more than both the G&P and Guarder full slide and body metal kits. And as far as I know, G&P and Guarder make some good quality stuff. So if price is any indication, it SHOULD be of good quality.
Old January 29th, 2008, 16:01   #58
KEVORKIAN

That white donut-looking thing in the pic is the piston head! It has an O-ring around it?

Old January 29th, 2008, 16:12   #59
Griffin

In terms of fit and quality Creation and Prime kits are very good. Illusions sexy P226 has a Prime Navy kit install, which is virtually impossible to find these days. Most sites that do have the creation kits listed are either sold out.
Old January 29th, 2008, 16:32   #60
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVORKIAN View Post
That white donut-looking thing in the pic is the piston head! It has an O-ring around it?
Yes, it has an o-ring. I figures it was a part of the piston / cylinder, although didn't know exactly what part it was without tearing the gun apart to find out. And since I returned the old slide to Hellfire today, I couldn't check.

I'm not sure exactly what the new piston head will do for this upgrade, but hell, I'll install it if it came with the slide. It's one less performance enhancing part I'll need to get for this gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
In terms of fit and quality Creation and Prime kits are very good. Illusions sexy P226 has a Prime Navy kit install, which is virtually impossible to find these days. Most sites that do have the creation kits listed are either sold out.
Good to hear that it's a quality part. I think the price showed that. I paid from for this slide from Hong Kong than I paid for the G&P slide for my Glock from A&A, so that has to say something! lol

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner