Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Newbie here! Looking to get a start in airsoft! (B.C)

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 24th, 2014, 03:27   #1
LimaCharlie

Newbie here! Looking to get a start in airsoft! (B.C)

New to airsoft here! I'm 18 going on to 19 looking to get some advice regarding airsoft topics!
Currently a student living in B.C! I'm trying to get age verified right around too already PMed the AV'er in my area

- I've got about $400 - $550 that I want to start with and get into airsoft would this be good amount to get me started with a decent aeg, gear and to learn the game?
- Seen reviews and read the faqs up top saying that the Tokyo brand is a good brand but honestly a little bit too expensive for me, does anyone have any recommendations on airspft guns that are good out of the box?
- Prefering maybe an AK style airsoft gun but I've seen a thread about the G and G raider-L and panther has a good price on it . Would you recommend the raider as a starter gun?
- Been in the team section for B.C but I'm still not quite clear on some things such as where exactly is the panther airsoft field ? (Found the address to the shop though)
- Other then LMAG are there any other big airsoft groups in the Vancouver area?
- Any big groups around the Burnaby area? Or rather any airsoft groups at SFU? Cus I know UBC has one.

Last edited by LimaCharlie; August 24th, 2014 at 03:29..
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2014, 03:34   #2
redzaku

Cyma AK, dont have one but I heard are rock solid but I'd also recommend a king arms m4, solid rifle and both can be had for 250 to 300 and use that left over money for really good ballistic goggles and a chest rig
Also wait for the age verification reply, don't be a total noob and post on how long it takes, it will account to making the verification even longer, and read the faq sticky, just my 2 cents
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!

Last edited by redzaku; August 24th, 2014 at 03:37..
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2014, 06:28   #3
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Panther Field as in Panther Paintball should be located in the whiterock area? its about an 30 minute drive from Richmond, or 45 - 1 hour depending where u are in vancouver area.

not too far, u can prob google map it. I think there are games run once every 2 weeks on sundays by Trigger. For more info you should PM Schoolboy, good guy and friendly, he can probably answer your questions.

OR pm Optix for some more info regarding airsoft.

plenty of ppl here to help u out with games.

as for stores, we cant devulge that info here until u are AV'd so your best friend atm would be the extremely informative search function known as "Google"
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2014, 07:26   #4
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
There's games at Panther like phloudernow said, but they usually happen every week. They're ran either by Panther themselves (Panther drop in's) or Omega Ops (check the Omegaops forums for games), though this week seems to be a bit of an exception with a bunch of guys at Op Iceback. Just googlemap Panther paintball for address, its sorta in the middle of nowhere, pretty close to the border (driving there is a bit of a pain by Vancouver standards...)

There's also Ambush, which is a bit closer than Panther (haven't played there) but that's about it for "local" fields.

You can check the AirsoftGear facebook calendar for games as well, usually has all the airsoft games/related events up on there.

No airsoft group/club at SFU, SFSS probably wouldn't approve it either; don't think the UBC group is that active either.

Last edited by beta678; August 24th, 2014 at 07:30..
beta678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2014, 09:54   #5
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

LMAG plays out in Maple Ridge a lot. The field is great, and they're a pretty good bunch of guys.
Old August 24th, 2014, 11:18   #6
L473ncy

If you like more structured milsim style play I know Ricochet is trying to setup SWATT Vancouver but other than that I'm kind of out of touch with what's happening in Vancouver lately. However I think you'll need an AR when you get into it and roll with them at sims, if you're just a casual member you should be fine with whatever.

As for AK's, if you want a good starter the CYMA AK's (or Echo1 which rebrand the CYMA's) are one of the better starter ones, you can either upgrade down the road or buy something better when/if you want to take the next step.

On the AR side of things King Arms and JG are IMO good starters but G&G Combat Machine is a good choice as well (even if it is a plastic body....) better would be the G&G regular or Toptech line.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 20:33   #7
Slodin

1. I play paint ball at panther, and it's right on the boarder between Canada and US in the whiterock area. I live in surrey so that's not hard to get to.

Fields I know that has airsoft:
Aumbush (expensive, can bring own bb)
Panther ($10 entry but must use field bb)
Richmond Indoor paintball/airsoft (every 2 weeks, but requires really damn low fps guns which I find hard to get, I only can use my pistol there)
maybe a few more don't know.

I bought an Echo1 ak700, still in transit (just switched from paintball to airsoft cause of the price of the balls are ridiculous $10/100balls I can't play that, it chews through my wallet because of games that allow respawn) Seems alright. HOWEVER, I really wanted an AK so I picked this up for 220 from Toronto airsoft, anything in Vancouver is EXPENSIVE I didn't find any place for cheap. Also bought a KJW M9 metal slide for 170 from buyairsoft cause they have a sale. along with 1 pistol mag 2 mid cap face mask (goggle and lower face) that cost me 490 (I have a AK ready vest from milsim paitnball, I used a M17 CQC which is mag fed). With an lipo battery + 3 more mags + gungas adapter + imax b6ac that would be another 130 ish. Which is not bad, I like mid caps because no stupid looking high cap mag winding.

However, have a look on Craigslist! I found a G&G raider that's 100 bucks...Aks are really over priced on Craigslist in Vancouver..that's why I ordered one brand new..and still cheaper.
Slodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2014, 20:41   #8
Sparkles

There is bigfoot airsoft field in mission. Little bit of a drive from Vancouver. .
Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 23:49   #9
LimaCharlie

Um, anyway I can contact a Age Verifier? Its been almost a month but no message back..
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2014, 00:06   #10
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

You haven't contacted me, I'm not far. PM me, and we'll set it up.
Old September 23rd, 2014, 22:05   #11
mrfister
AV Revoked

cyma are good AK for money. But m4 i would do some reading. check the doctor section on site. see what gun people are complaining about and issues. are they reoccurring theme. my buddy owns a shop and carried king arms until they all came back with gear box issues. they are metal and cheap but take a bit of time to research. for me if getting a full metal m4 under $300 I would consider Classic Army. Mine works great and have had it for a while. just my opinion though. there are plenty of those to go around
Old September 23rd, 2014, 23:49   #12
GR

CYMA's AK's are the reliable and are a great starter weapon. As for the AR-15 platform weapon, CM16's by G&G I'd say is the best place to start out with: solid gun w/ solid internals, and the price is reasonable (below $250).

Personal advice: go through as many stores as possible and compare prices/products in order to get the best deal. Time spent researching is money saved for future purchases!
GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 00:15   #13
_Whiskey_

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
New to airsoft here! I'm 18 going on to 19 looking to get some advice regarding airsoft topics!
Currently a student living in B.C! I'm trying to get age verified right around too already PMed the AV'er in my area

- I've got about $400 - $550 that I want to start with and get into airsoft would this be good amount to get me started with a decent aeg, gear and to learn the game?
- Seen reviews and read the faqs up top saying that the Tokyo brand is a good brand but honestly a little bit too expensive for me, does anyone have any recommendations on airspft guns that are good out of the box?
- Prefering maybe an AK style airsoft gun but I've seen a thread about the G and G raider-L and panther has a good price on it . Would you recommend the raider as a starter gun?
- Been in the team section for B.C but I'm still not quite clear on some things such as where exactly is the panther airsoft field ? (Found the address to the shop though)
- Other then LMAG are there any other big airsoft groups in the Vancouver area?
- Any big groups around the Burnaby area? Or rather any airsoft groups at SFU? Cus I know UBC has one.
Will you be playing outdoors or indoors mostly?
_Whiskey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank