Weird feeding issues..

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 31st, 2013, 05:10   #1
McKee
Merica'

Send a message via MSN to McKee
Weird feeding issues..

So I'm having a weird, intermittent feeding issue.

I have a VFC M4, and am using Mag 130rd vn style midcaps. The gun will generally feed the first magazine just fine, but sometimes upon mag change the next rounds will shoot very short and curve down (almost like extreme overhop) until I remove the mag, clear any bbs in the gun, and reload the mag. Usually after that it works fine. I do get the occasional shot that will fall very short midmag as well when the rest are going fine.

Anyone had an experience like this? Perhaps worn springs in the mag? Lack of lubrication? Its just such a strange issue I dont know what is causing it. Insight appreciated.

Commanding in Airsoft
McKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 06:06   #2
zone 69

Sound's like a double feed,check your hop up chamber for movement forward and back play. Or it's the mag's try loading 10 or so less of a full load of BB's in the mag's.
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 14:37   #3
McKee
Merica'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone 69 View Post
Or it's the mag's try loading 10 or so less of a full load of BB's in the mag's.
Thought it might be this too but I could shoot the whole mag off and each round would be short. If it was pressure on the mag wouldnt it be relieved after a few shots fired?

Commanding in Airsoft
Old March 31st, 2013, 15:20   #4
BennyBoy

when you fire one it'll load another so won't necessarily clear the problem
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 22:03   #5
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Oil/clean the mags? Might be some dirty or resistance in there. Had this in one of my MAG mags, most feed perfect, this one was dirty and I had similar, some mis feeds, used my air compressor and blew the channel, spring and plug removed, oiled it up, shot a couple mags, no problem.
Old March 31st, 2013, 23:09   #6
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKee View Post

I have a VFC M4, and am using Mag 130rd vn style midcaps. The gun will generally feed the first magazine just fine, but sometimes upon mag change the next rounds will shoot very short and curve down (almost like extreme overhop) until I remove the mag, clear any bbs in the gun, and reload the mag. Usually after that it works fine. I do get the occasional shot that will fall very short midmag as well when the rest are going fine.

Anyone had an experience like this? Perhaps worn springs in the mag? Lack of lubrication? Its just such a strange issue I dont know what is causing it. Insight appreciated.
I never got a single MAG brand magazine to feed in any guns I owned.
Their low/real caps are fine, because they are not double-stack.

All the mids have issues because the ramp from two to 1 BB wide is too steep, and the BBs jam.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 00:17   #7
Short Round
Najohn

Having the exact same issues with my VFC Scar and Socom Gear Troy Mags.

Please help.
Old April 1st, 2013, 01:02   #8
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Is it because I borrowed a mag at hornet? I swear everything I touch breaks D:
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 01:31   #9
zone 69

It mite even be the nozzle is sticking if you have occasional BB falling very short midmag.
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 02:16   #10
McKee
Merica'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
Is it because I borrowed a mag at hornet? I swear everything I touch breaks D:
Why have you brought this black magic upon me?

Exorcist pls halp.

Commanding in Airsoft
Old April 1st, 2013, 02:30   #11
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
It might've gotten a bit dirty while it was in my dump pouch tho
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:45   #12
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
i have had similar problems its usually when i fill my midcaps up to the max? dunno why but if i put 30 - 60 rounds its fine then if i go over it fucking wont shoot or some shit =.=
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 07:50   #13
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
I never got a single MAG brand magazine to feed in any guns I owned.
Their low/real caps are fine, because they are not double-stack.

All the mids have issues because the ramp from two to 1 BB wide is too steep, and the BBs jam.
What BB's were you using? I have found that problem too but it was because the BB's were smaller, by a fraction, which caused them to jam.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:08   #14
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKee View Post

With 130 rnd midcaps what I find is they tend not to work to well with anything heavier than a .20 over time, when I was still using regular AEG I have to over time tear apart my KA Midcaps and re stretch the springs, at first i thought it was lubrication issue but it actually help fouled up the internal of the mags faster. In the end it was just a spring issue, if you are using a .25 or heavier weight bbs and have a habit of leaving bbs in your mags over a period of time the spring will sag like an old titties vs gravity. With your shots falling short and such it could be two things, one is a dirty barrel and hop up, two it could a worn hop up rubber or if it only happen in the cold then it's the actual hop up rubber getting too hard (freezing) it could happen even in as low of a temperature as 2C. It happen to me a few years ago when I was using my KA Galil, with a brand new concave hop it was like 1C and the shots was falling short and inconsistent, I find it weird because a few days before it was engaging like a freakin lasers at TTAC3, went home tore it apart to find the rubber is fine but a bit hard.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:14   #15
McKee
Merica'

Well as far as the hop up is concerned its brand new.. lonex sleeve and modify flat nub. I did have the modify sleeve before as well and the problem was the same. The conditions are the same regardless of temperature as I'm testing it indoors.

As for leaving bbs in the mags, i'm pretty good about emptying them within 24h of a game.. but the mags are a few years old now. It doesn't seem to happen with my other guns though.. More testing is in order I guess.

Commanding in Airsoft
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner