Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Powerful LiPos I Have Known and Loved

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 15th, 2012, 09:19   #16
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
What in blazes is going on in this picture?
Kind of looks like it was ripped out of a computer. Length suggests either a Flex ATX or TFX12V PSU. Looks like the PSU has multiple ports for power delivery and is combined at one point with a 4 pin Molex.

Then 2 HK ECO 6-10's. Which I think are either the OEM for the GT A-6-10 or a clone version of the GT A-6-10.

I have no clue how that setup works (I'd be OK with the answer "magic" or "*hand wave* .... PROFIT"), just my observations of what's happening.
Old September 15th, 2012, 13:50   #17
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Meanwell supply hooked up to dual HK Eco 6-10s, attached to scrap board and was initially wall-hung to save space.

They were just leftover stuff from a project that involved charging some massive batteries for an e-bike that would make the largest airsoft battery look like a AAA.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 14:33   #18
IggysPiggy

I run most my batteries in bat bags (I use 1/4-3/8" thick plexi with a metal backing so the lipos are protected). and i love that you noticed the had part haha, that lipo got dropped on the corner and started to go bad so we shot it up and hit it with a hammer to make it smoke like a sonofabitch and light on fire.
IggysPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 18:50   #19
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

11.1V 1300mah 14.4Wh 15C
hobbyzone

love it
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2012, 19:11   #20
wind_comm

turnigy nano-tech (airsoft) 7.4v 2000mah 15-25c (makes a perfectly shimmed gun sound like ass)
nano-tech (airsoft) 7.4v 1300mah 25-50c (ak stick pack, mostly for testing purposes. also makes guns sound like ass)

nano-tech 7.4v 2200mah 35-70c (pretty awesome)
turnigy regular 11.1v 1800mah 40-50c (effing amazing)

running through a 3034-powered SW-SF-2

I would run 14.8v or 18.5v batteries, (or at least bigger 11.1's) but I just don't have the space. =.=" as is, the 11.1v 1800 pack takes some wrangling to fit inside my stock (G&P marine stock long. designed for beastly sub-c cells...which are round. lipos generally aren't.)
Old September 15th, 2012, 20:32   #21
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_comm View Post
(ak stick pack, mostly for testing purposes. also makes guns sound like ass)
Excuses!! Fix that shimming boy! And cut those damned sideburns!

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 13:03   #22
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

anyone know what the biggest 11.1v lipo I can stuff into a CA g36c handguard is? my 7.4 totals about 15mm in height and 35mm wide and is fairly tight to fit, so the only dimension I have to play with is length, which goes out to about 145mm.. but let's say 130mm to be on the safe side. The higher the discharge the better... already been through all of hobby king's listings for nano-techs, none really fit the dimensions.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 13:17   #23
THe_Silencer

This is one of the best batteries I've used and it fits perfectly in my Echo1 P90 compartment.
This has seems tons of use and abuse and it can still get my P90 shooting over 35 RPS combined with a G&P M160 motor and 13:1 SHS gears. When compared to my Turnigy 11.1v 2000 mAh nano-techs, they actually perform a bit better! Only issue is that I can't for the life of me track down any more GE power batters.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 14:06   #24
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by THe_Silencer View Post
This is one of the best batteries I've used and it fits perfectly in my Echo1 P90 compartment.

This has seems tons of use and abuse and it can still get my P90 shooting over 35 RPS combined with a G&P M160 motor and 13:1 SHS gears. When compared to my Turnigy 11.1v 2000 mAh nano-techs, they actually perform a bit better! Only issue is that I can't for the life of me track down any more GE power batters.
GE Power? AFAIK they still make RC and Tx/Rx batteries. You can find them on alibaba (kind of like Amazon except a Chinese version of that) but you kind of have to be a bit careful of that site. Not sure about if they still make "airsoft batteries" though but you know how yours has those guy on the front, well the RC batteries don't have anything and the Tx/Rx batteries have a RC controller on them where there's those guys on the front.
Old September 16th, 2012, 14:24   #25
Drunk_Albertan

I picked up a couple of lipos from this eBay store. Cheap and free shipping.

http://stores.ebay.com/Demon99/_i.ht..._sid=893046486

Last edited by Drunk_Albertan; September 16th, 2012 at 14:25.. Reason: Stupid autocorrect.
Drunk_Albertan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 18:02   #26
wind_comm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight
anyone know what the biggest 11.1v lipo I can stuff into a CA g36c handguard is? my 7.4 totals about 15mm in height and 35mm wide and is fairly tight to fit, so the only dimension I have to play with is length, which goes out to about 145mm.. but let's say 130mm to be on the safe side. The higher the discharge the better... already been through all of hobby king's listings for nano-techs, none really fit the dimensions.
you may wish to peruse this.
make sure you get the ASM minimum 30C though =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciek
Excuses!! Fix that shimming boy! And cut those damned sideburns!
wat. I cut my sideburns off last week! (haircut lol)
but really, the shimming is as good as it'll get. (Lonex gearbox, TX bushings, Riot 14.09's, baby franken-torque with Prommy pinion) there's not much room with that combo. 0.01 lower (towards the left shell) will heat up after 5 shots and 0.01 higher (towards the right shell) won't cycle cause the tappet gets stuck.

right between the two: smooth as butter. sounds great on my 9.6v sub-c and the 7.4v 35-70c, it's just those two batteries. (probably the 16awg wire from the pack to plug)
it's not really a quiet setup anyways =S my SHS m120 _barely_ qualifies as non-linear, ARS metal spring guide (metal on metal spring...) SHS 15t (swissed. metal on metal teeth) and a 1/4" 70d sorbo pad on a Guarder CH with the original pad on top of the sorbo (huge slap noise)...everything together makes for a pretty noisy gearbox.
Old September 16th, 2012, 19:46   #27
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_comm View Post
you may wish to peruse this.
make sure you get the ASM minimum 30C though =D
hmm... one might fit... and it's only 1500 mah 25c discharge. on backorder though... Guess I'll put the order in and when it comes, it will come. Hopefully a 7.4 25c can pull a lonex a1. :P

Last edited by lurkingknight; September 16th, 2012 at 20:20..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 20:04   #28
enemybrit

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11943

These batteries are excellent in our group. We have about 50+ of them and they have never failed, and proved enough discharge and fit in almost any setup, not including buffer lipos and such, because they just don't have balls.
enemybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 18:13   #29
MaciekA

BOOM

I wish this forum had a bat signal for usernames, MADDOG would love this thing.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 18:40   #30
wind_comm

do want.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner