Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Barrel Upgrades? Opinions welcome

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old December 10th, 2016, 01:37   #16
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

I might get some boos and hisses from the peanut gallery but I like the Angel 6.01 SS barrels from Evike. Run them on a couple of guns, definitely a step up in accuracy from stock barrels and not crazy expensive like Promy and PDI shits. Just looked on Evike and next year they are selling them with rhops pre-installed as well which is interesting.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2016, 08:14   #17
cetane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showe22 View Post
That's the problem I ran into, too much air volume for the barrel. I may try to turn it into a pistol barrel if I can modify the hop up window well enough.
What weight bbs?
cetane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2016, 11:21   #18
Zeroroaster

In the 'boos and hisses' category, I've been using Lonex barrels and getting some terrific results. Yes, I clean them and polish them before use, but they are steel, rock steady, and they've been working fine for years...am I doing something wrong?

Another barrel I keep my eye out for is the G&G brass 6.04's that a lot of people are ditching. Most of the time I end up modifying the hop window and r hopping them. Works awesome! Same thing...clean, polish, etc. I also have access to machine tools, so we can check for straightness, consistency, etc...so far, they've worked awesome...even the 509mm ones...

Just sayin...
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2016, 15:13   #19
BenG

The lonex barrels are fine and not fine, the issue with them is the anti rust coating, once thats been taken off you have a fine steel barrel, the issue that arises next is now you have regular steel, which rusts. That said if you live in a dry place and clean regularly, totaly fine. My main gripe with them is the hop up window is oval and you cant use even a regular flat hop with them without a ton of modding, and they are only a teeny tiny bit cheaper then prometheus barrels which are much better.

Age Verifier ~ Calgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I think that's the direction I should have gone with this one though.
gen1 - I can't see shit
gen2 - I see LOTS of green, but not many people
gen3 - Nobody wants to play with me because I'm an elitist asshole now

Last edited by BenG; December 10th, 2016 at 15:24..
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2016, 10:40   #20
Zeroroaster

Well, BenG, you know what Alberta's like! Dry as a popcorn fart...and yeah, I do clean my barrels pretty much after every game. The rest of the time they'd stored in a dry environment and cared for pretty much like the real ones. As for the Lonex windows, well, yeah...I get your point. I'm not on the clock with my guns so I reshape the windows anyways in prep for the r hop.

To be honest, I try and scoop as many used parts as I can...I save a few bucks and keep them out of the junk. I've got the tools to check them for consistency so it makes the scavenger hunt kinda fun, really. I scored an old top tech M16 the other week for 50 bucks. I'd bought it for parts, but the damned thing works! Hahahaha...so, onto the bench it goes and we'll see what kind of madness we can get out of it. It's got the 6.04 brass barrel, and it has zero wear on it (some guy getting out of airsoft and had never caught on to begin with) so we'll tweak that and see how we fare. If nothing else, I can fix it up and my kid will have a solid second.
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2016, 22:45   #21
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Prommy 6.03 for sure, if you know how to R-Hop do it, if not then id suggest stick to Flat Hop. Some techs prefer Rhop as they can do it in the same amount of time as R hop but if u dunno how to do it imo just stick to Flat hoping.

Flat Hopping a Prommy 6.03 is my go to and i get great performance from it
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications