Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Upgrade my Pistol

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 11th, 2015, 14:37   #1
batlhardedned

Upgrade my Pistol

Looking to upgrade my pistol, looking for a green gas pistol. I have been searching the internet and came across one video in particular I liked, a review on the ASG CZ p-09. Does anyone have any experience with it? Does this video accurately portray the air pistol?

http://stories.madcards.com/1027/220...rSplatonDemand
batlhardedned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 14:46   #2
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

I have searched youtube for upgrayedds for you... and this is all I could find... EDIT: I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that, not enough sleep. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPXcvThRNBI

Last edited by localfreerider; February 12th, 2015 at 09:14..
localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 16:58   #3
FirestormX

I'm at work, so I can't watch the video to see if it's an accurate review - nor do I own the gun. But here's some info for your research of a new pistol:
ASG is a rebrand of WinGun, from what I've read. It's not a very common brand, and I don't know the parts compatibility for that gun in particular. When looking at guns, you'll want to be sure there's parts available for it. Most brands are either clones of Tokyo Marui pistols (eg most WEs and KJWs) or have a large amount of after market support for their guns (eg Tokyo Marui, KJW, KWA).

Most of the common pistols are available from the four most popular GBBP brands in Canada: Tokyo Marui, KWA, KJW, and WE. If you stick with these four, you'll have a much better time. The rule of thumb is that the quality from the companies goes as TM, KWA, KJW, and WE. Sometimes they switch around. eg KWA's M9 is usually recommended over TM, and some people will say WE glocks outperform KJW glocks. So you'll have to be sure to do your research on the individual guns.

Another company called KSC can be considered as the Japanese version of KWA - or rather, KWA the American version of KSC. That's not 100% accurate, but the assumption is close enough.

A good tip for doing any kind of research, is to try and prove an assumption false. You've looked at the gun, watched the review, and it seems good. So start googling for "ASG CZ P-09 problems", etc.
Also look for comparisons. I don't know what other companies produce a CZ P-09, but you can just start typing "ASG CZ P-09 vs" into Google, and it's pretty good about listing competitors in the search suggestions.

Just remember that with many things - airsoft especially - you buy cheap, you buy twice. I've had my share of crappy guns come through my hands, and it's really nice to just have a gun that works, and works well. Even if it costs more.

I could buy a cheap ass $85 pistol, and have it become unusable after a few shots, or I could buy a $300 pistol, that works every time. $85 for a paper weight, of $300 for a pistol.

On a personal note, I would avoid WEs. A lot of people have said their quality has improved a lot over the past few years, and it may have...But I don't intend to give WE any more money for their pistols. I've given away a BNIB WE for free, if that's any indication of my disdain for using them.
If you end up getting one, and it works, then yay! If it fails on you, then it's one more narrative to enforce my confirmation bias. :P
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 17:28   #4
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
What ^ he said.

Stick to TM, KJW and WE <-- KJ and WE are clones of the TM systems.

VFC's are not bad though they are based off the TM system from what I know with some proprietary modifications.

KSC or KWA have their own system.

Stick to those brands...

For WE, only stick to their newer stuff, meaning anything thats not a 1911 or Hi-capa should be fine. their glocks, and M&P are the only guns from my experience that are the most reliable.

anything besides those brands im usually iffy with. those are the brands known for Pistols, you use anything else besides those, well good luck sir finding upgrades
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 19:55   #5
cookedham

ladies, the ASG CZ P09 is exactly the same as the KJ P09, all manufacture by KJW, it is under ASG cause the CZ trade is license by this company

ASG also carry the CZ P07, which comes with CO2 only, blowback version or non blowback version

I have a piece of CZ P09, it is a great pistol, can take either CO2 or GG mags
nice build quality and full trade

I am not sure how reliable of KJ pistol is compare to WE or the others since this is the only pistol I own from KJ. it is working great, so far so good

personally I prefer Stark Arms G17/19 or the PPQ, I got all of them, they are all great and reliable pistols in my opinion

Secondary: StarkArms G19,PPQ,M&P9
cookedham is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion