Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KSC G17 vs HFC G17

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 21st, 2007, 18:31   #1
Gh05t

KSC G17 vs HFC G17

well, im still trying to decide which is better to buy. The price difference is $100, obviously the KSC being more expensive. Well i researched that they both pretty much perform the same; only differences are the trademarks, but i dont know about internals. Does anybody know if i could replace the HFC internal parts with KSC internals? im asking because im thinking of using propane instead and i know itll wear the gun down a little faster. If i cant even find any replacable parts for the HFC, then would it be more worth it to go for the KSC? thanks for the help.
Gh05t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 18:37   #2
Jayhad

I wouldn't buy the HFC just for the reason that is doesn't have the glock trigger and it has the ultra gay serial # safety. But I am a real steel glock owner so i may be jaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 18:49   #3
takatorikku
UnVerified

i'm trying out a pair of HFCs, and while I agree with Jayhad on his points, a cheap performer is still money saved. I'm very positive that KSC/HFC parts aren't swappable, the most obvious point being that you can't use KSC mags in an HFC and vice versa, therefore their gas systems will be different as well.

As for propane usage, the HFC G17s (I'm thinking you're going to buy one from Raygis??) are FMU, so they'll handle it no problem. Like any GBB, not maintaining it matters in terms of wear and tear.
Old February 21st, 2007, 18:59   #4
Jayhad

Quote:
Originally Posted by takatorikku View Post
i'm trying out a pair of HFCs, and while I agree with Jayhad on his points, a cheap performer is still money saved. .
fair enough I have 2 KSC glocks (17 & 34)both of which are upgraded to FMU, rocket valve, high flows all the shit, roughly $600 into each and neither one works reliably, but damn do they look good on my hips
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 00:19   #5
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I bought an HFC Glock 17 and I've put around 100+ rounds through it just shooting around the house/basement. No problems, nice kickback. I'm using propane.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 01:17   #6
underground

don't forget, HFC G17 has a metal slide vs the KSC which only has an ABS slide. Using propane will only wear out your plastic slide. For $100 difference AND you get a preinstalled slide, I'd go for the HFC. However, if you're into the trademarks, there's this really ugly HFC symbol on the grip of the pistol. Other than that, you're right..the HFC doesn't have any trademarks but if you're using it to play around with, its a good buy. I would buy the G17 but for $30 more, I got a KWA G19 from A&A airsoft for $250 (no trades, metal slide, no safety, good on gas). I have some reviews there as well. Hope that helps.

edit:

if you're interested, check out my reviews here: http://aasurplus.ca/airsoft/product_...products_id=73 the pic he has up for the g19 is actually a g23f so don't get confused.

Last edited by underground; February 22nd, 2007 at 01:22..
underground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:36   #7
aZn_triXta07

In my opinion, if you just want to play and save than the HFC is a very good choice, if you're real picky on the looks than get the KSC and upgrade as you go along. From my experience with KSC Glocks, I've had like 4 KSC G18C's the quality control of the parts isn't too good unless you replace everything every so often. But if you want less hassle etc than HFC's a good one to go with.

Personally, if I can shoot you the same as you shoot me it's all good I'm no gun whore.
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 11:55   #8
Styrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by underground View Post
However, if you're into the trademarks, there's this really ugly HFC symbol on the grip of the pistol.
There's no ugly HFC symbol on the grip. If you're talking about the gold plate/marking, it's easily removeable.

Old February 22nd, 2007, 15:40   #9
Gh05t

thanks for all ur help. clearly, HFC is the better pick and thats what ill be getting. thanks again.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 15:54   #10
Styrak

Yeah it's pretty fun man. I think you'll be happy with it.

Old February 22nd, 2007, 22:26   #11
Gh05t

ye.. like u, itll be my first GBB and i was getting all paranoid cuz i heard they require a lot of maintainance. and i was going to go propane too, so hearing that ur using it and its working perfectly fine makes me feel better.. haha
Old February 22nd, 2007, 22:34   #12
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
No matter what GBB you buy, they all require a reasonable amount of maintainance, only difference between brands is quality, price and reliability. You get what you pay for in the end. Incidentally, I have a pair of KSC G19s, and they kick ass, period, have never failed on me and I am pretty aggressive with them.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 22:41   #13
Styrak

I retract my previous statement about being perfect. Well only part of it. I've put a few more rounds through it, and it seized up on me once. Not sure why. Maybe I was trying to fire way too fast. It's back to normal though. Not even a big deal, really.

Last edited by Styrak; February 22nd, 2007 at 22:44..
Old February 22nd, 2007, 23:03   #14
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
ksc is undeniably better than hfc, if you want a low end gbb at least get kwa (full metal ksc minus the hardware check) you wont end up with an unrepairable paperweight.

Hfc makes a few good nbb's, but from past experence their gbbs are garbage.

I owned a hfc m199 (semi/full auto) It constantly missfed, not to mention the ever growing list of defective parts.

maybe not from this .. and probably not today... but I assure you, you will die

Last edited by hattrick; February 22nd, 2007 at 23:12.. Reason: edited for clairity
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2007, 23:04   #15
Styrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick View Post
Hfc makes a few good nbb's, but from past experence their gbbs are garbage.
We'll see. Only time will tell.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion