Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

age verification

:

General

Old May 31st, 2018, 20:41   #1
sjp

Thumbs down age verification

im having a terrible time getting verified. no local person up in Prince George to verify me...... would love to get this part of the registration over with... and I know of others up here facing the same issue.... perhaps I could in time verify them???
sjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2018, 12:40   #2
Bashful

Please! The Quesnel Dude Emailed me Saying "Nope not active anymore"
Bashful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2018, 13:26   #3
06jorkee

Nobody in my area either. I have an easier time proving my age to the federal government and actual firearm retailers. It would be a minimum 400km round trip for me just to meet someone to prove in person that I'm damn near 30 years old lol
06jorkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2018, 21:24   #4
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Well, a couple of things guys. Age verification doesn’t just prove your age, it proves you. Every single verified member has met a verifier in person not online, not through a friend, and then handed them government issued photo ID. This creates a solid safety net around the community for buying, selling, posting and yes, keeping guns out of the hands of kids. It’s maybe the largest core reason for ASC’s success. We have never bent this rule, even if you lived on the northern tip of the Baffin Islands and have to take two planes and a train to get to an AV’er.

We understand it’s difficult for some and of course we can’t put a verifier in every town and region. Many of us had to travel great distances to get it done, that’s actually normal, and a four hour round trip is nothing. The trick is to not just go for an AV, a process that takes five minutes, but arrange to do other things as well. AV reps try their hardest to be available and make it work, but they are volunteers with jobs, families, vacations, divorces, etc, etc, to deal with. People have driven well over an hour or two to meet verifiers here, and they are in the same metro already. You won’t belive this, but we don’t take people’s words online for their age or identity.

There is good news though.

Edson: James at B2 Airsoft in Edmonton is an AV rep. Edmonton isn’t that bad of a drive from Edson, I used to do it a few times a year. I recommend getting all of your friends that need AV together for a road trip and go check out the store at the same time. Maybe stop and see Deadpool 2 while your in town. Make the day your own. Double check that James will indeed be there for AVs before going however. Just call the store and find out.

Prince George: I’ve got a rep coming through there in the next few weeks. He’s agreed to stop and meet however many of you at the Tim Hortons off 16, by the Walmart and Canadian Tire. PM me your contact info and I’ll pass it on so he can contact you guys on his way through and you can tell everyone where and when that wants age verification.

THINGS TO REMEMBER

- Every AV is in person, no skype, not through a friend, NO EXCEPTIONS.

- Every person must not just bring themselves, but also their individual GOVERNMENT ISSUED ‘PHOTO’ ID to get the process done. If you forget it, you’re making the trip again.

- Absolutely no sharing accounts. Some have tried this. They all get caught and they ALL got permanently banned.

- You must be 18+ (AGE OF MAJORITY) to get verified. We don’t care if your birthday is coming up and we don’t store your info until you hit the right age. Meet with us once you’re of age.

- Everyone who wants verification must ALREADY have an active account. We won’t post your info unless you have one, so tell everyone to sign up before the meet. Also, remind them all very clearly of these rules as there’s always one guy who forgets to sign up or bring his license, etc.

Once verification goes through, typically one to three days after meeting the rep, you’ll have full access to the classifieds and all forums. You can then buy and sell with relative safety and be a part of an airsoft forum that has not devolved into a bunch of squabbling youth with total lack of accountability.

Welcome to ASC guys.

Last edited by Ricochet; June 1st, 2018 at 21:26..
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 00:15   #5
sjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Prince George: I’ve got a rep coming through there in the next few weeks. He’s agreed to stop and meet however many of you at the Tim Hortons off 16, by the Walmart and Canadian Tire. PM me your contact info and I’ll pass it on so he can contact you guys on his way through and you can tell everyone where and when that wants age verification.
sign me up...
sjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2018, 13:11   #6
Ratters

Age Verifier

I'll be an age verifier if an extra one is needed in the Surrey, Delta, New Westminster area. I've been an active member in good standing since 2003 and involved in airsoft since 1986. Not sure how it works but if you need another tell me what to do I'll make it so. I'm close to skytrains on weekends if that makes life easy for prospective ASC members
Old June 2nd, 2018, 16:41   #7
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

You can certainly apply. The how-to is in the FAQ ‘rules’ section.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General