Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Prescription Inserts: A Dumb Question

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 5th, 2019, 07:42   #1
Ourindar

Prescription Inserts: A Dumb Question

Hey folks,

I've got a set of ESS Turbofans coming in. I bought them because I tried a set on and they fit great over my glasses (and I'm tired of replacing cheaper ones). However, I realized after my order that these are the 'profile' version that isn't as big as the version I probably tried on.

I know most people say "just get contacts" but I have extreme difficulty overcoming my blink reflex even for medical reasons (like putting in prescription eye drops). With that in mind, it looks like I'll be going with the prescription inserts they make.

Where can you get the lenses put in? Can I just go into any place that fills prescriptions for glasses with my prescription and the insert frame or do I need do go somewhere specific?

Thanks!
Ourindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2019, 09:42   #2
RainyEyes

Yes you go to the optometrist or a glasses shop and they will fill your prescription and cut the lenses to size.

Just make sure your insurance covers the lenses and shop around for one that actually keeps their word on when they can have the order completed.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2019, 10:45   #3
p0nch3

share a similar issue with contacts (but mines due to my grade and severity of astigmatism), but I got inserts made. You just have to shop around for a optometrist/shop that is willing to do the custom lenses for you. I went to 3-4 places before I found one willing to do it and was able to bill my insurance directly. Be sure to ask for the most basic lenses though. They may try to upsell extras like coatings and stuff but being inside googles, do you really need an anti-scratch, glare coating?
p0nch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2019, 11:03   #4
Ourindar

You guys are fantastic. Thanks a lot. I'll just have to contact some local shops and cross my fingers.
The goggles might fit over my glasses - I've heard people say these fit over theirs - but I'll just grab a set of insert frames anyway considering it's not too much more expensive.
Ourindar is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion