Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWC M712 Mauser Broomhandle - Delicate? Worth it?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 11th, 2017, 16:29   #1
ddtank
Poster child for ignorant, self-entitled, millenials. Emphasis on 'CHILD'.

KWC M712 Mauser Broomhandle - Delicate? Worth it?

Interested in anything WW2 so this could be a nice replica to have. However, I have seen some reviews that say it has parts that wear out quickly and looking at it going off in full auto on the redwolf video, I can well imagine it shaking itself to bits in time.
So my question to any owners is, are they durable and robust or delicate and not really worth bothering with? Thanks.
ddtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2017, 20:48   #2
Borealis

The bolt is a very durable metal, it has to be because it goes back and forth to cycle the bbs and it's quite violent (not like the HFC ones that were pot metal and prone to deform over time); but C02 gives it a ridiculous amount of kick, which means it's not really a playable airsoft without a repro stock that you'll have to modify or find a really expensive Marushin one (I don't know if WE sells its plastic one separately).

And since it shoots scary hot, so you'll have to aim at distant target unless you go to games that permit 430fps airsoft for close targets. And again the recoil throw off your aiming so it's not ideal.

I have one since 2015 and I use it very sparingly at themed WW2 games where it's more of a crazy wonder weapon that makes everyone stop (don't even need to shoot at a target, the sound is that impressive). Fun, but tactically inefficient.
Borealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 07:55   #3
pzrwest

Send a message via AIM to pzrwest Send a message via MSN to pzrwest Send a message via Yahoo to pzrwest
I have one of the KWC Broomhandle Mausers. On full auto boy does it rip through a magazine of bb's. I only bought it as I wanted to collect WW1 and WW2 German hand held weapons re.... pistols and shoulder weapons like the Stg44. The only German handgun I haven't bought was the Walther PPK. My P38 is a steel bb and post war gun and I would not use it for re-enacting as it can cause bodily injury. So my handgun collection is the P08 luger, Walther P38, the Broomhandle Mauser.

P.S. I wonder why they would make a full auto handgun to start with?

Last edited by pzrwest; February 12th, 2017 at 07:57..
pzrwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 14:32   #4
ddtank
Poster child for ignorant, self-entitled, millenials. Emphasis on 'CHILD'.

Interesting, thanks. I don't play airsoft, just interested in indoor plinking and the "nice to have/collect" angle. I keep thinking about looking into airsoft action shooting though, looks like it could be fun.
I would also be interested in the Luger and prefer airsoft to steel BB shooters as they just bounce all over the place (though are easy to pick up with a magnet).
I had the STG44 in 22LR but sold it on as the different action meant it was not really a very good replica and not much of a range gun. It would have been a blast plinking on private land but not exactly back garden friendly (some sort of strange by-laws here seem to frown on that sort of thing...).
ddtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2017, 06:52   #5
pzrwest

Send a message via AIM to pzrwest Send a message via MSN to pzrwest Send a message via Yahoo to pzrwest
There are two types of re-enacting... blank firing groups, and airsoft re-enacting. The airsoft re-enacting groups know when you were hit where blank firing units use referee's to say who was shot and relied on the honesty principal to admit they were shot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion