Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

t.m 5.1 lower assembly problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 15th, 2009, 22:35   #1
rogue 46

t.m 5.1 lower assembly problem

on my hicapa,im trying to get the grip and lower together properly so that the hammer will cock back and stay there until i put the slide back on. so i do that and the hammer wont lock down ,it just stays up by the spring.is it the grip spring strips?
rogue 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 22:41   #2
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
you have the leaf spring on the wrong side of the sear or sear disconnect, as you put the grip on, make sure the spring is behind the levers (as in towards the back of the gun)
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 23:21   #3
northern_quill

This article should give you some visual cues regarding your frame assembly:

http://airsoft-barracks.com/forums/i...howtopic=17450
northern_quill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 12:35   #4
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Sounds like your leaf spring (I think that's what you're referring to as the "grip spring strips") is not seated correctly.

Their natural state is pushing forward towards the muzzle. So with that understanding, you should know that each of the prongs of the leaf spring should be resting behind the objects they are touching, and pushing those items towards the muzzle of the pistol.

Also note... reinstallation of the receiver to the grip should ALWAYS be done with the leaf spring and main spring housing removed. Installation without removing the leaf spring can potentially damage it.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 13:43   #5
StrikeFreedom

I installed everything back together accordingly. The slide, hammer and trigger work fine. However, the slide now randomly gets caught onto the hammer when it's sliding forwarding. This wasn't happening before. If I physically push the hammer down a bit the slide will slide forward no problem. So it seems like the hammer isn't cocking or staying cocked all the way down? Sometimes, the slide will slide forward successfully, but also pulls the hammer back to the original position.

Again I didn't experience this problem before I took it apart, so I don't want to shave anything off if I don't have to. I tried reinstalling the pieces a few times and everything works just fine except for this. Would bending the leave spring(s) help?

Edit: Looks like I'm not alone, though it's still weird that this wasn't happening before I stripped the gun. BTW this is with a KJW Hicapa.

Last edited by StrikeFreedom; December 8th, 2009 at 14:02..
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2009, 14:59   #6
boringegg

do u have ur nozzle spring in ur blowback unit?
Old December 8th, 2009, 15:11   #7
StrikeFreedom

I didn't disassemble the upper slide unit at all, so I believe everything is fine up there. I did file down that metal piece on the slide in contact with the hammer a bit, as well as bending the leaf spring (right one that touches trigger and the internal hammer "flap") towards the muzzle. Seems like the problem went away, and hopefully it'll stay that way.
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner