Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G M14 MAX won't fire

:

Doctor's Corner

Old June 28th, 2013, 09:07   #31
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Agreed. If you feel okay after being shot with it then it should be fine to shoot your friends with.

I hope this forest isnt just a random forest someplace and that it is on private property
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 11:20   #32
Unreal Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
Give your rifle to your friend. Tell said friend to shoot you from 5-10 feet, in you arm, back, leg, stomach, knee, groin, etc...then a burst of full auto from knees up to shoulders.

I don't recommend head shots but I can't stop your friend from fully testing your rifle out on YOU!

If you come out without crying for mommy, and only the odd bleeder, I'd say you're good to go with 475fps.
wow , i'm not the bad guy with a 475fps gun hurting my friends , WE ALL use g&g MAX airsoft guns 450-475fps. And yes the forest is on a private property, this forest is huge. We don't shoot ourselves from 5 feet ! We are normaly shoting ourselves from 50 feet +. Also we are not kids ; we know how to play safe , we know our airsoft guns are not toys.

Also English is not my 1st language

Last edited by Unreal Gamer; June 28th, 2013 at 12:19..
Unreal Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 12:19   #33
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal Gamer View Post
wow , i'm not the bad buy with a 475fps gun hurting my friends , WE ALL use g&g MAX airsoft guns 450-475fps. And yes the forest is on a private property, this forest is huge. We don't shoot ourselves from 5 feet ! We are normaly shoting ourselves from 50 feet +. Also we are not kids ; we know how to play safe , we know our airsoft guns are not toys.

Also English is not my 1st language
meanwhile, you're the one asking if it's safe to keep your 475FPS spring?

if your first language is french, type in french. plenty here understand it, as most of us were forced to learn it in school, and the rest would use google translate.

Last edited by coach; June 28th, 2013 at 12:21..
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 12:48   #34
Mr. inked

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
meanwhile, you're the one asking if it's safe to keep your 475FPS spring?

if your first language is french, type in french. plenty here understand it, as most of us were forced to learn it in school, and the rest would use google translate.
i think he meant is ok for the gun to be shooting that hot ie. will it kill the internals shooting that hot......these things shoot waaay to fast out of the box....first thing i did with mine was get a new spring
Live and die on this day
Mr. inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 12:54   #35
Wrath144
formerly steyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
The only thing "MAX" means is that's a marketing term that some Canadian distributor came up with after they crammed 470fps springs into G&G guns. It's no different than other G&G's.

Also, I am getting in some high quality large type batteries, cost is around $60-$70 depending on capacity, and they're worth it.
False: they definitely have improved internals over the clearsoft versions. Not sure about the standard asia/USA version, I haven't seen one of those in years.

Also: Why do you guys care so much how he plays? The fact that he's here probably means he is in the top 20% of responsible airsofters.
Old June 28th, 2013, 13:26   #36
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

+1
He's here with a gun problem guys, focus on that.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 14:54   #37
Unreal Gamer

Alors , es-ce que c'est si néfaste que ça pour mon airsoft de garder mon spring a 475fps ? Si jamais le piston est briser es-ce que c'est cher Ã* remplacer ?
À quel FPS ça serait OK pour mon airsoft ?
Old June 28th, 2013, 15:59   #38
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath144 View Post
False: they definitely have improved internals over the clearsoft versions. Not sure about the standard asia/USA version, I haven't seen one of those in years.

Also: Why do you guys care so much how he plays? The fact that he's here probably means he is in the top 20% of responsible airsofters.
And the clear versions were made specifically for the Canadian market. Therefore the "MAX" line is their regular guns with 470fps springs stuffed in them.

The only reason the name G&G still leaves a bad taste in some people's mouths are people are hesistant to buy them now is because of the clearsoft versions. Their actual lineup is awesome, especially the Toptech stuff, it's up there with the higher quality guns available.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services

Last edited by Styrak; June 28th, 2013 at 16:05..
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 16:00   #39
K3vX

J'ai déjÃ* répondu en Anglais, mais ma réponse reste la même. Avec la force que ca demande, tu ajoutes un stress énorme Ã* la gearbox. Le piston va assurément échouer un jour ou l'autre. C'est pas garantie que les autres pièces ne seront pas touchés aussi. Si le piston bloque en plein millieu, ce qui arrive souvent en tirant rapidement en semi auto, tu pourrais briser le moteur ou les connections électriques en forçant trop sur un spring très puissant déja compressé, par exemple.
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 17:02   #40
Adamlxlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
And the clear versions were made specifically for the Canadian market. Therefore the "MAX" line is their regular guns with 470fps springs stuffed in them.

The only reason the name G&G still leaves a bad taste in some people's mouths are people are hesistant to buy them now is because of the clearsoft versions. Their actual lineup is awesome, especially the Toptech stuff, it's up there with the higher quality guns available.
Again, false. Every max branded gun i have ever worked on has had the top notch g&g internals. I have even compared the max branded guns to regular usa bought g&g guns and the max internals are better. This includes their ump, scar, m4, and m14 max and non max series of guns. Top tech are just max internals in a phneumatic blowback gearbox. Again have owned and compared both.

To the OP. Lesser spring and better battery. Done.
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 18:17   #41
Unreal Gamer

OK , thx all
Also my M14 shot at 475 fps with .20g but , im using 0.25g so it shot around 425 fps. Sorry for this stupid question , does when im using .25bbs it deals less stress on the gears ?

Last edited by Unreal Gamer; June 28th, 2013 at 18:42..
Old June 28th, 2013, 18:52   #42
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal Gamer View Post
OK , thx all
Also my M14 shot at 475 fps with .20g but , im using 0.25g so it shot around 425 fps. Sorry for this stupid question , does when im using .25bbs it deals less stress on the gears ?
no same stress on internals. it is exerting the same amount of force as the mechanics do not change from shooting a .2g and a .25g BB. the end result is that the BB will exit the barrel with the same amount of energy but will be traveling at a different speed.

changing BB weight will not make make a difference.

they way I like to put it is, they will both still hurt, but one will hurt sooner than the other.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 20:10   #43
Unreal Gamer

Ok , so what is the perfect FPS for my gears without losing a lot of performance ? I have a m100 replacement spring but this is only 325 fps.
Old June 28th, 2013, 20:19   #44
K3vX

Usually springs are rated by meters per second, so 100 mps is around 325. Which means that a m120 spring should bring you around 400fps. That is subject to variation is your airseal isn't perfect. You could get a m130 if you want to go over 400, but even that may be too hard, so I recommend the m120.

I'm too lazy to write in two languages, so English it is.
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2013, 21:55   #45
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

And one will be able to hurt at a further range as well because the lighter bb will shed energy and velocity alot faster then the heavy one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner