Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Review - ICS M4 BIBLE: Problems and Fixes

:

Reviews

Old July 24th, 2004, 21:36   #16
Arnisador
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Arnisador
Ert, that was me with the Star mag issues. What was happening was that the mag fit a bit loose and only the first round would feed. It would feed fine IF you put some upward pressure on the mag (eg hold it from the bottom).

We tried out a box of mags this afternoon on 3 different ICS M4's. Mine and Monkeyman's M4's had the feed problems, and Deathblow's worked fine. Interestingly enough, TM mags work fine for me and Monkeyman, but Deathblow has feed problems.
It doesn't seem much, to stir a man's soul. Just a moth eaten rag on a worm eaten pole. But 'tis the deeds that were done 'neath this moth eaten rag, when the pole was a staff, and the rag was a flag.

CUM CATAPULTAE PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPT CATAPULTAS HABEBUNT
Arnisador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2004, 22:38   #17
ert

Interesting... I'll have to try some TM mags in my gun now to see what they feed like.

So from what you can tell is it simply a mag release problem (ie. switch ICS mag release with a TM mag release to fix it maybe), or is it something internal in the gun itself?

My Old ASC Buy/Sell Rating
ert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2004, 22:58   #18
Green_Igor
Banned

from all the other sites I have seen just change the mag release to a TM one and its fixed for you.
Green_Igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2004, 02:15   #19
ert

On my gun now, in semi mode, it shoots a few rounds at a time as a kind of burst mode. I'm not sure if it'sthe anti reversal latch or the electrical switch or something completely different. I'm cracking it open next week to take a look inside so if anyone has any ideas about what it might be it'd be much appreciated.
Thanks
Mark

Old September 17th, 2004, 02:36   #20
Night Thrasher

Send a message via ICQ to Night Thrasher Send a message via MSN to Night Thrasher Send a message via Yahoo to Night Thrasher
any reviews for the version 2? what are the canges ICS made from version 1 to 2?
Night Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 03:01   #21
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
Looks like there's a good opportunity for players to have multi role guns with the split box design. One could easily have 2 setups with the collapsible stock variants. Put in a low power top box and slide in a shortish barrel (matching cyl in the top box) or a high power top box (with unported cyl) and slide in a long barrel. Spin on a silencer/barrel cover and voila! Outdoor gun!

All the RIS stuff can also go on or off pretty quick too.

Quote:
- If your rear butt pipe droops down ward, you can place a small washer or better yet a lock washer, in front of the large slotted screw to straighten the butt.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great! Now ASC must be showing up on a whole new set of Google word searches.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 12:00   #22
ert

That's exactly what I'm hoping to do when they start to sell the gearbox halves seperately. I'll keep one stock, and one upgraded. It would seriously only take about 30seconds to do the swap of the top gearbox half.

As another note I have now tried numerous types of mags in my gun and they all work:
TM Lowcap
CA Lowcap
STAR
ICS Highcap
TM Highcap
CA Highcap
G&P Midcap (not thermold or VN though)

Old September 18th, 2004, 01:48   #23
Night Thrasher

Send a message via ICQ to Night Thrasher Send a message via MSN to Night Thrasher Send a message via Yahoo to Night Thrasher
ert! saw your post at FilAirsoft.... any reviews for the version 2? what are the changes ICS made from version 1 to 2?
Night Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2004, 03:55   #24
toelessfoot

Send a message via ICQ to toelessfoot
I just got a version 2, and i don't really know what they've changed over ver 1, but it's most definitely quieter. FPS seems a little low though...

overall it's a beauty gun, the metal body is incredible, great OA markings on it, solid as a brick, and shoots pretty fast for a small batt.
toelessfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2004, 16:48   #25
ert

Not really any reviews for the version 2 except what you find on the boards here. I'll get around sometime to updating this thread and making it cleaner and more up to date on the gun but I haven't had the time lately.

Basically from what I've gathered, the version 2 has the gearbox screw problem fixed as the big thing. It's not like the CA versions where they made signifigant changes to the gun between versions, but they fixed a few things. I have yet to have my spring release latch or my tappet plate break, so Im not sure if that's a fix on the version 2 or if it's just the luck of the draw. I don't have a version 1 so I can;t compare the two, but I would be very interested in doing a comparison sometime.

Old September 19th, 2004, 23:10   #26
Mighty Mouse

Send a message via MSN to Mighty Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by ert
On my gun now, in semi mode, it shoots a few rounds at a time as a kind of burst mode. I'm not sure if it'sthe anti reversal latch or the electrical switch or something completely different. I'm cracking it open next week to take a look inside so if anyone has any ideas about what it might be it'd be much appreciated.
Thanks
Mark
Have you found out how to fix this yet? It has been happening to me also.
Mighty Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2004, 23:47   #27
ert

The problem is most likely in the cutoff lever.

The cutoff lever is basically a lever that is activated by the sector gear. When in semi-mode the lever gets activated and stops the power to the gun when the sector gear gets to the position that releases the piston. It then resets when you release the trigger allowing you to pull the trigger again and once again get enough power for one revolution of the Sector gear.

What is happening is the Sector is not activating the cutoff lever. It is possibly jammed up. So my plan is to take it apart and make sure things are lubed in there. As well I have heard that there is a spring that may be a little too underpowered for the job, so I ordered a gearbox spring set from WGC (it made by Systema and is only like $5 or somthing like that there), however I havent recieved it yet, so i'm still playing with it like it is for the time being. But it will be time to fix it very soon I think.

There is a link with a lot of information here:
http://www.airsoftplayers.com/forum/...31&whichpage=6

Old September 21st, 2004, 23:23   #28
toelessfoot

Send a message via ICQ to toelessfoot
Do the ICS M4's have unique Serial numbers on each one?
toelessfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2004, 15:29   #29
Shrike
ASC Philosopher

Does anyone know if the TM hopups (or other brands for that matter) are completely compatible with the ICS guns?

Thanks
Old October 21st, 2004, 15:41   #30
ert

I have heard that a systema metal hopup will fit if you get a new nozzle. Could be wrong though. Your best bet is to check the Filairsoft link and ask them. They know all. :lol:

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews