Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

HK UMP - Lokking for tips/help on GEARBOX MODS

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 5th, 2011, 12:45   #1
GODSPEED|seven

Exclamation HK UMP - Lokking for tips/help on GEARBOX MODS

Hi, I have a Classic Army UMC (same as any other UMP on the market), which use a V3 gearbox.

I very much like using the UMP Suppressor when I play, makes the shots very quiet.. the loudest thing being the motor/gears.

The thump/pop from the air compression is perfect; it has a very nice and loud 'crack' without the suppressor, but very deep and quiet thump with the suppressor.

I would like to tune up the gearbox mechanism to be quieter; I'm guessing I'd need to change gears (I've given it quite a few shim jobs, but I'm just thinking it's the CA gears metal is loud??)

I was looking at the Modify SMOOTH Modular Gearset 7mm V2/V3 - NANO Torque because they eliminate the need for shimming, and are advertised as quieter..

For a little insight on my gearbox parts; it's a rock stock 7mm Classic Army gearbox, uses bearings and a high torque classic army motor. Shoots approx 360 FPS. I use a 9.6V 2000mAh battery.

I do not feel the need to have higher FPS or faster ROF, or checking the compression/seals or anything else.

I bought this AEG brand new in summer 2010, I've spent approx 10,000 - 12,000 rounds so far and I do not feel it has any issues, the parts all look brand new and still solid.

The few issues I've had:

After 500 rounds I had to hammer a part of the motor because it was losing contact with the wire.

At approx 2000-3000 rounds, something on the motor cage "broke".. the motor height adjustment "screw" stopped working properly. So i had to add a spacer under the motor.. I cannot adjust it's height anymore (doesn't help with the sound issue). I'm also looking for a Motor Cage.

So I appreciate any tips/hints or help anyone can provide me with.
Thanks
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 13:56   #2
THEMAKKER13

There are so many guides on this...
THEMAKKER13 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications