Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What in your opinion was the most reliable, solid and gas efficient gbbr you have ever owned?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 31st, 2013, 18:10   #46
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

I've had WETTI and G&P woc, so far the latter is the best.

I believe people when they say kjw is the best all round.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 20:58   #47
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPEED|seven View Post
It seems to me that GBBR's are a HIT or MISS in terms or reliability (in other words, NO GBBR is RELIABLE).

Everyone is claiming that the WE SCAR is reliable but that the mags leak like hell, well.. I have the exact opposite experience: I've got 4 mags, none of them leak!

On the other hand the SCAR itself -while it looks awesome, is really solid- has not been able to GAME yet..
I test it at home, works perfectly! But twice on the field, loading nozzle has broke down after only 1 mag.

And I can attest to the full-auto crap shooting as well.. every 3rd round seems to simply roll out!?!?

And I haven't been able to find an aluminium or steel loading nozzle to RESOLVE the situation.

After reading 100's of comments and many reviews, I honestly feel that GBBR's are a hit-or-miss.. 1 out of 5 GBBR's are lemons.
You overfill your mags (too many BBs), and your hop-up rubber is torn.

Most of the time, simple handling habits cause big trouble...

When you load your mags, fill them, then remove a BB. You won't break nozzles that way.

I guess you can change a hop-up rubber... it takes VSR-10/Tokyo pistol rubbers.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 13:21   #48
GODSPEED|seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
You overfill your mags (too many BBs), and your hop-up rubber is torn.

Most of the time, simple handling habits cause big trouble...

When you load your mags, fill them, then remove a BB. You won't break nozzles that way.

I guess you can change a hop-up rubber... it takes VSR-10/Tokyo pistol rubbers.
Thanks for the tips; when I purchased the WE SCAR, I did all my research, I've read most reviews about it, forum post (this forum and others), watched/read maintenance stuff, details on things to 'fix' before ever using it, etc..

I've never loaded my mags with more than 29 BB's (that's 3 less than what I CAN fill them up to). I've disassembled it completely, 'welded' in place some of the pins, etc.. lubricated the proper o-rings and parts with some silicone oil, and also grease the approriate parts with oil (oil never got onto the loading nozzle or near o-rings).

After my last nozzle breakage, I've taken it apart, and actually inspected the hop-up. It's perfectly alright, no wear, no tear.. the mags are all impeccable; the lips are in perfect condition, the gun was never dropped, mags neither.

I'm one to do alot of research before getting something, and I enjoy doing maintenance on my own and making things work properly.. I've often done shim jobs for friends, repaired this or that...

This time though, even though I've taken ALL the precautionnary measures I KNOW about, I simply do not know what's wrong with it.

I DO have a THEORY though; I am thinking that the small "lip" that pushes the BB into the chamber is maybe banging on a steel piece, and after an entire mag worth of freezing cold propane, the plastic just breaks off.
That is JUST a THEORY though.

Once I've ordered a few more nozzles, I will maybe sand the tip down a little bit, and the sides too, maybe the mag's lips are really tight and once things are in place, maybe they don't align perfectly.

Anyways, I really want this gun to work.. it's my first GBBR, haven't even got the opportunity to enjoy it since I got it, but I'm not giving up. Someone suggested drilling a small hole in the "push" part of the nozzle, and welding in a small metal pin to solidify it..
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 18:07   #49
misomalu

WE's are terribly inefficient, I've owned two, and they suck gas like no other, along with repeatedly breaking, and never holding gas. Rifles running on the MANGA gas system (WA, AGM, G&P, Inokatsu, Viper, Bomber, ect.) will have the best efficiency, hands down. The mags can hold up to 50 BB's, and you can dump the mag on full auto, while experiencing better recoil, and have your bolt lock at the end too (something WE's don't do very well). Not only is the manga system superior in realism and reliability (depending on the make), it also has an immensely large amount of aftermarket parts available for purchase, which allow you to adjust/tweak just about every aspect of your gun: recoil, fire rate, trigger group/firing mode, barrel length(extremely short, to extremely long), and all kinds of other stuff. With WE, your upgradability is quite limited in comparison. I don't like WE guns, I've never had luck with anything of theirs, and it's because of twp critical problems: horrible build quality, and bad engineers. Everything in theirs guns is made from cheap pot metal, and it's often taken them several attempts to make a gun work properly. Until every internal part of their guns is made of steel and/or some other study metal, I wouldn't trust their quality.
misomalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 18:32   #50
darkshift

build your own WA based GBBR. the whole process is very satisfying and in the end you will get exactly what you want out of the gun. the G&P internals are extremely easy to work with, you'll look at a manual for assembly once and you'll remember after that how everything works. Parts are super easy to replace/upgrade.
darkshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 18:44   #51
GODSPEED|seven

That actually sounds like what I'll do next....
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 19:17   #52
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
By far the WOC with Bomber mags was superior and plenty of spare even if pretty solid out of the box.
Second place was WE because mag seals are way to tiny and internals made of pot metal or plastic (the G39 nozzle blew up on me).
Very last is VFC full of proprietary parts, tiny seals and mags being a bitch to put back together. Also everything was so tight inside the G36 that adding lubricant actually added more friction (no matter if silicon or firearm oil).

Weirdly enough I had the SRC G36K prototype in my hands and beside a WIP hop up that thing was good, I thought internally it was actually better than VFC because the selector felt a lot more robust (pot plastic in the selector, what the hell VFC ?).

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion