Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Paintball Goggle/Mouth guard Suggestions

:

Gear Discussion

Old August 27th, 2007, 15:47   #1
Laike

Paintball Goggle/Mouth guard Suggestions

Ok. Before people start screaming JT Spectras at me. I've got a rather specific list of requirements here. I just lost my set of JT Spectra's that I spent a good bit of time modifying the stiffer than stiff mask so I could use my iron sights. It work relatively ok with my m14 and the m4. Well, I think I've lost them and they're not coming back so I need to make a new investment in goggles and a mask. My checklist for these goggles are the following

1. Goggles must be low profile. The JT Spectras simply too bulky for my liking. To me, the Spectras stuck out way too far out and was waaay to big for my size.
2. Must come with a flexible and detachable mask. I don't feel like cutting up another mask for indoors play. And I will probably be investing in a mouthguard for outdoor play in the future. Until then, I need a decent flexible mask to cover the teeth. Before I get spammed with "suck it up flames" You guys may not care about your teeth. But I just got my braces off last year. I'd rather not explain to my mother that I need more dental work cause I busted a tooth over my weekend hobby.
3. Low to no fog is preferable. Very preferable.
4. I can spend maybe a 100CAD on them in total.

So far, I've been looking at the Dye Invision I3s (not the newer pro versions). I've found a seller on eBay willing to part with them for around 50 CAD before shipping. I've also been looking at Empire goggles, but they don't seperate from the mask from my understanding, which is not making Laike a happy camper. Some one also suggested another line of JT goggles that were much more low profile, but I can't see them on JT USA's site anymoer.

Also, I'm looking for suggestions for mouthguards. I'm not the biggest girl, and I used to use a lousy mouth guard from my ortho during softball which really sucked (read: it was wayyyy too big for me). Some on suggested a LoPro Fem by Brainpad. Any other ladies/thoes with smaller sizes have any other recommendations?
Laike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 16:01   #2
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Youve already mentioned them, but I was going to suggest the Dye Invision I3set up as well, the goggles themselfves are fairly low profile. You could also maybe look into the proto FS series mask and goggle set.
http://www.dunhamssports.com/product...entPage=family

I can understand the idea of wanting to protect your teeth, Ive been on the recieving end of a near point blank spray to the chops with .25s. Nothing broken, alot of pain though.

A quick blast through google with the keywords paintball mask and low profile yielded.

You may not like the colour, but its paintable Im sure, and it has interchangeable lenses.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; August 27th, 2007 at 16:03..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 16:05   #3
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

To protect my teeth i have a shemagh. I was told it works pretty well.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 16:21   #4
C.G

I just recently bought a pair of Dye Invision I3s Pro's after my JT's were lifted at a paintball feild. I loved the JT's found they fit comfortably and I had no issues with fogging. Dye turned out to be a great company, I might have bought one of the pairs that came off the line as a dud, they ended up not fogging but I had water droplettes coat the entire inside of the lense within the first half hour of game play. I wrote to them and they gave me a return number and I just literally got the new lenses in today, hopefully the problem will be corrected.
I found the mask itself to be very face forming and solid, using optics with them havent given me much of an issue (Though I've only played one game with the megga fog issue I havent had a full game opportunity to toy with optics with them and I usually dont rely or use scopes too much as is.)
They're very well ventalated too which sold me on them (After having a tooth shot out at a game I'm firm with the full face mask deal though used to go goggles only).
I'd say if you can get them for 50.00 and want to play with a full face mask, go for it, I paid twice as much + taxes for mine.

Last edited by C.G; August 27th, 2007 at 16:23..
C.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 19:04   #5
Laike

Thanks for the feedback guys. I just found the newer pro version for 64USD compared to the usual 99USD in olive. For 15 bucks, I can go try the lighter new style.

http://www.ansgear.com/ProductDetail...=DYEI3PROOLIVE
If anyone was itnerested in the link.

I'll post my review of things as soon as I get a chance. I guess this'll mean I'll be back on the field soon.

Last edited by Laike; August 27th, 2007 at 19:10..
Old August 27th, 2007, 19:22   #6
Mr. G36!

Location: Beautiful Thunder Bay, where dreams become nightmares!
You could get a JT Elite Headshield. It's a full helmet.
Mr. G36! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 20:28   #7
C.G

Awesome find Laike, lol I'm crying now that I paid full price for mine. *shakes fist*
C.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 23:16   #8
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
To protect my teeth i have a shemagh. I was told it works pretty well.
I've just learned to keep my mouth shut when playing. Kinda hard after running a full sprint with 40+lbs of gear and guns on, or just the adrenaline boost for getting in the shit hard, but still managable.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 23:24   #9
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
I've just learned to keep my mouth shut when playing. Kinda hard after running a full sprint with 40+lbs of gear and guns on, or just the adrenaline boost for getting in the shit hard, but still managable.
I usually try to, but I got shot, called hit and the same time I called hit, I got shot in the teeth.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 23:31   #10
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
I usually try to, but I got shot, called hit and the same time I called hit, I got shot in the teeth.
Ya, that can be a real......... umm, pain. I've been shot before, yell hit and arm up, then get a burst in the face. A couple times it was from less than 60ft so it's not like they didn't see. I wish guys could learn to zero their sights and set hop up correctly (as in as far as you can get the BBs for distance, then drop it a touch to compensate for air movement downrange), way too many end up shooting high.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 23:33   #11
White_knight

i have a pair of Proto switches, and id say try something else. i had the unique issue of extreme fogging which some how caused a thin layer of plastic to peel off (not the protective plastic when they were first purchased) it was the actual lens itself. they are also too high to wear a helmet with, or most types of head wear for that matter. and lastly paintability is ZERO. i tried to krylon my black protos OD, did not adhere worth shit. however the FOV was great if you can get around the fogging.

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 00:17   #12
Laike

Haha. Froogle and ebay is your friend! Leave it to me to find these glorious deals out. I was gonna wait, but seeing that price, I figured it was fate and swung for it.

Unfortunately keeping my mouth shut doesn't really work well for me. Got a bit of a problem that I never bothered to get fixed (would require surgery) that makes it hard to breath beyond lightly through the nose.
Old September 5th, 2007, 16:55   #13
Laike

Sorry for the double post. I got my goggles in yesterday. shipping was very swift, and it really is the Dye invision i3 pros for that price. From what I can tell, the mask is nice and squishy and the gogles are very low profile which I like. The lenses are those hi def lenses, it's only single lensed which I don't like. The tint is yellowish brown. I may have to get that changed eventually. I'll post a proper and real review once I have time to field these.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion