Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Help in picking out a bullpup.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 9th, 2016, 05:42   #1
VA7POR

Help in picking out a bullpup.

Harros!

So I've recently gotten into airsoft and while I love my CYMA M14 EBR, it is a big bulky rifle that sometimes I just don't want to heft around - 10lbs of metal is not exactly fun for a while day. As such, I've been looking at some slightly lighter pieces of kit - and I've narrowed it down to the following offerings that have caught my eye.
(Side note - I am not yet age verified and currently awaiting verification from a local rep. I am only looking for first hand opinions to the quality / upgradeability of these platforms at this time)

APS UAR
This is a light, affordable bullpup design that takes common mags. Some QC issues from the vendor from what little I've read, though feedback is generally inconsistent. Personally I love the look and I'm not above gutting the shell to keep it.

Elite Force IWI Tavor
I've heard that there are some issues with the mag release (very sensitive?) though again the looks are just stellar. I haven't been able to find any info on upgrades, though it looks like with a v2 gearbox that shouldn't be much trouble. Plus it looks to be lighter than that UAR.

Any advice or insight would be appreciated Thanks!
VA7POR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2016, 15:40   #2
Burger

Why do you want a bullpup rifle exactly? if it's weight alone there are lighter options, or you can get a sling that distributes the weight across your body.

I personally don't like bullpups because I like my workspace to be in front of me, instead of in my armpit.
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2016, 15:52   #3
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Tavor or bust!
As for airsoft brands, I dunno, get a real one

pew pew

Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2016, 16:25   #4
Slodin

I have had a Tavor before..it had no problems, does what it should do. Tavor is not light btw..and it's rear heavy, although I'm okay with it I only dislike front heavy.

The one I had was branded as Elite Force Professional version. It's suppose to be a lot better than the sports version. has a quick spring change system and I had no problems with the mag release. Only problem was the rear pin fell out on it's own and I never found it because of all the grass in the summer.

P90 is truly a light bullpup..and it's fine in outdoors...it was straight af with a madbull 6.03..
Old May 9th, 2016, 16:49   #5
VA7POR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger View Post
Why do you want a bullpup rifle exactly? if it's weight alone there are lighter options, or you can get a sling that distributes the weight across your body.
I like the look and that they are very forgiving for both field and CQB usage (not that we have much of that out in the Vancouver area). More I want something different from the standard M4 platforms that are so rampant. I've tried a two-point with my EBR and it certainly helps but even then it is still a biiiig rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodin View Post
I have had a Tavor before..it had no problems, does what it should do. Tavor is not light btw..and it's rear heavy, although I'm okay with it I only dislike front heavy.
It's lighter than the M14 - by about 3lbs, which is not insignificant either.

Quote:
P90 is truly a light bullpup..and it's fine in outdoors...it was straight af with a madbull 6.03..
The P90 is a nice little rifle, though I'm not sure if they have standard parts or not. At about 6lbs it is definitely the lightest of the three!
Old May 9th, 2016, 17:27   #6
:^)
Pizza is a Vegetable

Be Sam Fisher.
:^) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2016, 18:00   #7
Schoolboy

Hey brew if your interested in getting a Tavor, check out my blog.
I personally own two and run them weekly, I'd recomend if you can get an ares, as the quality is a bit better externally if you care about such a thing. But the S&T/Umarex models are also pretty good.

SchoobyAirsoft – Where Practical Meets Tactical
https://schoolboyairsoft.wordpress.com/
Old May 9th, 2016, 18:21   #8
Heerven

They release a new Famas valorisé (updated outside and inside) for the end of the year:
blow back, pins intead of screw, lower rail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E2b8pappfA

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2016, 18:55   #9
Slodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7POR View Post
I like the look and that they are very forgiving for both field and CQB usage (not that we have much of that out in the Vancouver area). More I want something different from the standard M4 platforms that are so rampant. I've tried a two-point with my EBR and it certainly helps but even then it is still a biiiig rifle

It's lighter than the M14 - by about 3lbs, which is not insignificant either.

The P90 is a nice little rifle, though I'm not sure if they have standard parts or not. At about 6lbs it is definitely the lightest of the three!
P90 is V6 gearbox...parts are pretty much everywhere as well...a lot of people like it too..I can actually aim it with one hand LMAO.. idk about the gas version..it's not really blow back so I'm not interested
Old May 9th, 2016, 19:54   #10
SuperCriollo

Best AEG bullpup ever !

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2016, 21:08   #11
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

I've owned a P90 and an AUG. The P90 is a quite nice and compact little gun. The mags are pretty long but manageable. And the gearbox is extremely easy to access.
jordan7831 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2016, 21:49   #12
VA7POR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolboy View Post
Hey brew if your interested in getting a Tavor, check out my blog.
I personally own two and run them weekly, I'd recomend if you can get an ares, as the quality is a bit better externally if you care about such a thing. But the S&T/Umarex models are also pretty good.

SchoobyAirsoft – Where Practical Meets Tactical
https://schoolboyairsoft.wordpress.com/
Once I get verified I'll start sourcing out makes for the model I'm after, for now I'm just getting a feel which ones are able to be upgraded and reliable. Otherwise, I love your CTAR 21 and it's good to see that the Tavor can be tweaked to suit my preferences. I'm definitely leaning that way as it stands now.

As for the FN2000, if it didn't have that front grip, I'd probably consider it. I'm not that sneaky to pull off the whole Fisher thing... plus I don't wanna carry a Five-Seven to go with it
Old May 10th, 2016, 02:31   #13
T-Hell

I have owned the following
Aries tavor
RS TYPE 97
APS UAR
ICS L85
P90
Magpul PDRc
TM AUG

I currently have the PDRc
The rest have been sold.

Here are my thoughts

L85. Nice gun. A but heavy in the back if you use a lipo. If you use a heavier battery then the weight is balanced out better

P90. Like the gun. Hate the mags

UAR. Nice feel. But the am style hop leaves much to be desired in that gun

Aug. hmm vote much of a fan plus don't like the mags either

Tavor. Love the gun but is a bit back heavy and balance could be way getter.

PDRc current pup. And love it. Now the mag release sticks a bit and the odd shape bb feed tube waists 5 shots when you mag change. But it is very light. Fast to move with

Type 97. AEWSOME Loved it. But did not love the handle. Put the optic too high up. But other then that AWESOME.

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
T-Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 08:52   #14
Burger

I knew a person in the isreali army and he said the tavor's were a pain because they would catch the charging handle on walls while clearing buildings.
Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2016, 08:58   #15
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajr122 View Post
Tavor or bust!
As for airsoft brands, I dunno, get a real one

pew pew

Tavor is shit fam, sks is better

In all seriousness, I've tried using a P90 and found it to be a really comfy gun. Compact, light and easy to put on target. I also liked the Type 97b, great build quality.....but it was hard for me to get a good cheek weld with the way the carry handle is, and the magazine release absolutely sucks on it... its so awkward.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17

Last edited by Desmodus; May 10th, 2016 at 09:06..
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion