Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking for Tac-light input.

:

Gear Discussion

Old January 4th, 2012, 20:31   #1
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Looking for Tac-light input.

Ok ladies and gents I need a new tac-light my repro Surefire Centurion took a dump and it didnt work that great anyways.

I am looking for any light that mounts to a long gun via picitanny ( a seperate mount will do) and can use a remote. I had a bitch of a time finding a proper mount for my Centurion and would like to avoid having to buy multiple mounting solutions this time.

It must have variable brightness and would be nice if it had a strobe feature. Besides that my only specification is that it can be used with a charger so I don't have to always buy fresh batteries.

I am willing to pay for this thing but I'm not paying $400 for a flashlight.

I am a nub of the worst sort when it comes to gear, what have you all tries and would recommend?

Thanks.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 20:40   #2
Fuzzy

I have the Armytek Predator from airsoftparts. I'm very happy with it. Has all the features you are looking for, available remote pressure switch and can use rechargeable lithiums. 500 lumens at the bulb so it's very bright. Construction is top notch. Price is very reasonable considering the specs and quality.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 20:59   #3
frackz

how about one of these there have alot to choose from some 468lumens and up

there are alot of reviews on these lights too on googles where they even put there beam pattern up against different lights.

http://www.mackoutdoors.ca/categorie...nix-TK-Series/
frackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 21:06   #4
MASAKO

Check out www.4sevens.com

There Maelstrom series are very interesting and might fit your budget.

I have Maelstrom G5, very good light for the price and their warranty can't beat as well. Probably I can drop off and show you the light when you have what I want in stock.
MASAKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 21:20   #5
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
INFORCE

http://northeasternarms.com/accessor...cs/inforce-wml
Old January 10th, 2012, 21:22   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

ultrafire, spiderfire, angelfire, G&P all use interchangeable surefire type bodies, very reliable lights, when used with LEDs you can get anywhere from 60 to 300 lumen out of a 6v light.
I've got a G&P T9 300 lumen taclight for my M4, ultrafire T6 200lumen IR light, and another ultrafire T6 200 lumen for everyday use.
Also picked up an assload of rechargeable CR123s lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 22:09   #7
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post

The inforce lights look sweet...I was looking at them on OPTactical today, but they were export restricted. The way they attach and hug the rail makes it really slick and snag proof(er). Button's right where you want it too.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 22:25   #8
MASAKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
The inforce lights look sweet...I was looking at them on OPTactical today, but they were export restricted. The way they attach and hug the rail makes it really slick and snag proof(er). Button's right where you want it too.
There is pre-order on CGN. it is 165 $ plus tax and shipping. I already ask retailer if they have one in stock from previous order, looking to get one as well in Tan.
MASAKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 23:29   #9
MMatersk

Here is what I have one of the best lights I purchased.

http://www.phoebustactical.com/Lunet...t-p/lt-5gk.htm

Superior quality

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bad-K...8&ref=bookmark
MMatersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2012, 23:44   #10
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
I have an Inforce WML-IR. Got it as a test & evaluation unit, and will be writing a review on it soon. I've also been given the go-ahead to try my damned hardest to shatter the borosilicate lens on it with an airsoft shot. I'm going to work my way up to 800fps 0.29g Silica if it can make it that far.

Only the IR version is export restricted. The standard one isn't, but you can find them in Canada.

Rampart! is the official Canadian distributor.

Target Sports Canada (in Gormley, Ontario) carries the standard WML, is in stock, and the last time I checked, they were $165 or $169.99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASAKO View Post
There is pre-order on CGN. it is 165 $ plus tax and shipping. I already ask retailer if they have one in stock from previous order, looking to get one as well in Tan.
As an fyi, it is not really "tan". The actual colour name is "Desert Sand", and is extremely light coloured and much more yellow than what we would consider to be "tan", "coyote brown", "flat dark earth", "darth earth", or "khaki".

The colour selection was provided as a pantone colour code direct from the US Army to InForce. Unfortunately, they have not updated any of the photos used in their marketing materials, and thus, the colour you see on the website and everywhere else on the internet is incorrect.

I have a Desert Sand one here, and will be mounting it to a gun that has a mix of "flat dark earth" and "tan" rails and accessories so that you get an idea of what it looks like.

Let's just say that the colour was nothing like I'd imagined.

Beyond these issues, I think the formfactor and the concept is great. However, how it's used and where it's placed will depend on your shooting style, and as multi-use as it may seem, I can see limitations in how its used for the exact same reasons - primarily due to it's unibody emitter/button design. I'm also finding that I dislike the multi-use button. In a controlled environment, using it makes sense. However, in a live fire scenario when you are performing under stress, I find multi-use buttons to not work out so well. You press it too fast, you hold it too long, you press it too quick, you press it not quick enough... and all of a sudden, it's doing something that you had not planned for. This is why I prefer a single use button with ONE purpose: momentary on. At most, include a deeper press for constant on. Being able to switch from low/hi or hi/low and then throwing in a strobe function plus momentary AND constant-on in to the mix will really throw you off your game in mid use.

Keep it cave man simple.

Last edited by ILLusion; January 10th, 2012 at 23:48..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 00:09   #11
attack-beaver

those inforces are nice and i wouldn't mind a IR to go with my surefire M952V for my other project PTW upper
attack-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 00:25   #12
viking9934

I have tested and owned many models of different brand( Surefire/fenix/jetbeam/streamlight/Olight) in different condition from standard use to harsh one. And in final i always stick with Olight.

For a full size high performance i use an Oligh M3X
700 lumen XM-l LED
http://www.olightworld.com/product_show.asp?id=233

For a smaller and more light setup i use a olight M20S xp-g R5 and you can change the LED for an Xm-l one.
340 lumen
Olight M20-X M21-X XM-L Flashlight Review - YouTube

To illustrate the toughness: Olight M20 Warrior brutal test - YouTube

And all this doesn't cost a leg and an arm(like surefire)
+- 90-99$ for the M20 and 140$ for my all time favourite M3X at 140-150$

Last edited by viking9934; January 11th, 2012 at 00:29..
viking9934 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion