Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Belt Fed Assault rifle pictures?

:

Airsoft Media

Old October 2nd, 2011, 23:54   #1
Reckless

Belt Fed Assault rifle pictures?

so I know I'm not the ONLY one. I've encounted a couple people mentioning them on this site and I've love some inspiration to complete mine

not talking just assault rifle based SAW's ... I'm talking been modified by factory or aftermarket to be belt fed.

so if you've got pictures of your AIRSOFT belt fed terror post em up! ... unfortunately I fear this will be a very small thread

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes

Last edited by Reckless; October 3rd, 2011 at 01:02..
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 00:15   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Well, a few people have SHRIKE kits, beyond that I don't think there's much...
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 01:07   #3
Reckless

yeah ... changed the thread title for more of what I ment... AR as in assault rifle ... not so much AR as in armalite.

I know the HK11's and HK21's weren't exactly converted Assault rifles... but for the purpose of airsoft they are kinda just belt fed G3's .. LOL

I'm working on a M4 with 2 uppers, a carbine upper (baby dmr for airsoft) .. and a belt fed upper (sorta cross between shrike and the valkyrie) ..

basically swappable similar to real steal - pin out, slide off, slide on, pin in.

Quote:
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Old October 3rd, 2011, 01:28   #4
ThunderCactus

well I lost all my HK11E pics when my HDD died, but i still got the action shots of it
Never had time to fully complete the kit, but it was a heavy beast.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 01:58   #5
Amos

G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 01:59   #6
Mitchell12
vision impaired

Aren't they both Mag fed?
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 03:38   #7
Reckless

this is where I'm at with mine ... starting to fab the rest of the peices of the upper to match the belt fed tray cover to the upper ... and some other more detail work ...

the carbine's upper is in the picture too...

all the hacked up upper will be covered, and extend over the delta ring/barrel nut

I'm not following any set gun to follow, so there will be some creative license ... but it's already looking like an angry beast.. and so far it's all metal (alum)

Quote:
The Cavalry Comes
Old October 3rd, 2011, 07:45   #8
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
does this count?
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:43   #9
m102404
Tys

I have a SHRIKE...which looks like a SHRIKE...that's been "well loved".

Not exactly hot-swappable uppers since the Hurricane bodies come apart differently than the likes of CA/G&P/KA/etc...

V2's suck...high speed/power V2's suck more...high speed/power V2's in a hurricane body suck most.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:59   #10
slink182

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
does this count?
Wha..?!
You own something other than a grenade launcher?!
I. AM. SHOCKED!

p.s., nice Stoner - when are you modding it to accept an M203...?
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:16   #11
ThunderCactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
V2's suck...high speed/power V2's suck more...high speed/power V2's in a hurricane body suck most.
I have a 380fps 1500rpm V2 mechbox in my M249, and it's never failed me. Very long range, accurate, and it brings the rain. The only thing that ever goes down on the gun is the box mag lol

I'd say it has more to do with mechbox alignment and hopup chamber than the V2 mechbox
Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:57   #12
Reckless

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
I have a SHRIKE...which looks like a SHRIKE...that's been "well loved".

Not exactly hot-swappable uppers since the Hurricane bodies come apart differently than the likes of CA/G&P/KA/etc...

pictures!!!!

and yeah I sorta agree on the V2's ... but I'm not running a hot and/or fast setup ... 380-390 .. propably in the 1350rpm area (large 9.6 .. that;s what the giant PEQ is for LOL, gonna see about moving it to the box mag)

basically changing the whole attitude of the gun with the upper swap, via the fit of the upper, and the hop/barrel combo and BB choice..

the belt upper has some POS cheapo 1 peice metal hop up that wiggles and bounces .. a element 6.04 509 (just to reach the end.. and well I had one sitting around) .. half decent bucking .. stock style nubby.... running madbull precision .25's ... aiming for a 5ish ft pattern @ 180ft

the carbine upper .. I haven't decided on the hop chamber yet (madbull, prom, or that new modify) .. running a prom 6.03 363, guarder clear with the nub removed and shredder .. running Bastard .3's ... and everything I can do to keep the hop unit and barrel immobile ... aiming for ability to headshot @ 200ft (LOL) but will be satisfied with torso @ 180

I've built some really hot, and fairly high ROF guns... and never really saw an advantage other then the headache of getting everything to run smooth and reliably

Quote:
The Cavalry Comes
Old October 3rd, 2011, 12:59   #13
rustysniper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=NPenXn3WhbU&gl=US
take a look at this.....
Old October 3rd, 2011, 13:29   #14
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by slink182 View Post
Wha..?!
You own something other than a grenade launcher?!
I. AM. SHOCKED!

p.s., nice Stoner - when are you modding it to accept an M203...?
nope no 203 or thumper on the stoner but it will receive a polar star HPA powered box when it become available
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 13:49   #15
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I have a 380fps 1500rpm V2 mechbox in my M249, and it's never failed me. Very long range, accurate, and it brings the rain. The only thing that ever goes down on the gun is the box mag lol

I'd say it has more to do with mechbox alignment and hopup chamber than the V2 mechbox
I've done plenty of those...the one(s) I was trying to get going were a bit more experimental. Resulted in many busted pistons, several blown gearsets and 3 toasted MOSFETs (fairly so...2 were old mosfets, another I had taken apart to fit the configuration). I was aiming for the 35rps @ 440-ish range

Sticking in a tamer V2 would be straightforward. And probably would have resulted in a lot fewer bench sessions taking it apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
pictures!!!!

and yeah I sorta agree on the V2's ... but I'm not running a hot and/or fast setup ... 380-390 .. propably in the 1350rpm area (large 9.6 .. that;s what the giant PEQ is for LOL, gonna see about moving it to the box mag)

basically changing the whole attitude of the gun with the upper swap, via the fit of the upper, and the hop/barrel combo and BB choice..

the belt upper has some POS cheapo 1 peice metal hop up that wiggles and bounces .. a element 6.04 509 (just to reach the end.. and well I had one sitting around) .. half decent bucking .. stock style nubby.... running madbull precision .25's ... aiming for a 5ish ft pattern @ 180ft

the carbine upper .. I haven't decided on the hop chamber yet (madbull, prom, or that new modify) .. running a prom 6.03 363, guarder clear with the nub removed and shredder .. running Bastard .3's ... and everything I can do to keep the hop unit and barrel immobile ... aiming for ability to headshot @ 200ft (LOL) but will be satisfied with torso @ 180

I've built some really hot, and fairly high ROF guns... and never really saw an advantage other then the headache of getting everything to run smooth and reliably
I've had/have plenty that shoot as hard or as soft as I want. I was just goofing around with builds for the SHRIKE....and that's a sure recipe for an empty wallet and blown mechs
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media