Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Buying from Evike

:

General

Old April 12th, 2018, 13:43   #1
Mausturm

Buying from Evike

Hi all,

I recently learned that Evike has gotten a restock of a particular gun I've been looking for, for a while (Classic Army XM177E2) that I was planning on purchasing. It appears to shoot over the current limit of what is allowed to be imported into Canada (370 FPS), but wanted to hear if I'll encounter much hassle when it gets to customs? Has anyone purchased airsoft guns from Evike and shipped them from there to Canda with any hassle?

I did the same thing with an LCT AK before, which had all the proper paperwork, but was still seized regardless, hence my skepticism.

Thanks,

Mausturm
Old April 12th, 2018, 14:13   #2
Freeze

Eh? If it actually met the requirements for import, did you appeal it?

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2018, 14:21   #3
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
You won't have problems,

Ordered several rifles from Evike & AirSplat with their provided documentation. The time in customs ranged from 3 days to 3 weeks, but was released and was slapped with a hefty duty/tax bill to be paid.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2018, 16:14   #4
Mausturm

@Freeze

Yessir, I appealed. Just a pain in the ass though to have it go through the Adjudicator and wait a year for customs to get to it.

@BioRage

Oh wonderful (kind of half expected that) and comforting - well, I'll give it a go and have it sent through - thanks everyone!
Old April 12th, 2018, 16:17   #5
BioRage

If it's not mapp protected or discounted, you can sign up for their newsletter and get a 25% of coupon, vs their normal 20-23% off.
Old April 12th, 2018, 16:37   #6
Mausturm

Oooooooo

Thanks for that tip!
Old April 12th, 2018, 17:26   #7
PEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
You won't have problems,

Ordered several rifles from Evike & AirSplat with their provided documentation. The time in customs ranged from 3 days to 3 weeks, but was released and was slapped with a hefty duty/tax bill to be paid.

How much was duty and fees?
PEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2018, 22:35   #8
BioRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEA View Post
How much was duty and fees?
$100 CAD ontop over, orders > $400 USD
Old April 12th, 2018, 22:59   #9
Gr33nM9n

Just a quick note, I recently tried to get my hands on an S&T Arisaka from Evike and it didn't make it through customs. It wasn't confiscated but it was returned to Evike, despite meeting the FPS requirements. I also ordered a Bizon flash hider from them and it was opened by CBSA but did go through.

About a year and a half ago or so I got an S&T Springfield from them and it went through fine, so I'm wondering if the CBSA isn't being really strict about weapons related imports lately, what with their knife issues as of late. I'm not sure whether to recommend it or not as of late, I was wondering if I was the only one having problems.
Gr33nM9n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2018, 20:27   #10
BobbyDangerous

I ordered the EMG Salient Arms GRY from Evike and made it to my house in a week. Went right through customs no problem. Zero Brokerage fee.

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2018, 16:22   #11
Full-Auto-Seer

In general, ordering a gun from anywhere outside of Canada is a gamble, since the CBSA is more or less allowed to decide yes or no based on a whim. Same with second-hand guns.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 22:21   #12
Reddwulf

Honestly, if you are looking at a gun, I would recommend you to the following flow chart:

1) Buy it locally. Can I get this at my local store/something within 30 mins of me?

2) Buy it in Canada. Is this gun in stock ANYWHERE in Canada? Any of the big stores could possibly have it, so I would start there.

3) If I have to buy it from outside Canada, is there a store that can import it for me? Many retailers offer import services, especially from Evike. Ask around and you shall find.

4) If ALL else fails, am I prepared to effectively double the retail price listed in order to have a 50/50 of getting my gun? When in doubt, don't buy anything you couldn't stand seeing returned.
Reddwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2018, 16:31   #13
Kozure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddwulf View Post
Honestly, if you are looking at a gun, I would recommend you to the following flow chart:

1) Buy it locally. Can I get this at my local store/something within 30 mins of me?

2) Buy it in Canada. Is this gun in stock ANYWHERE in Canada? Any of the big stores could possibly have it, so I would start there.

3) If I have to buy it from outside Canada, is there a store that can import it for me? Many retailers offer import services, especially from Evike. Ask around and you shall find.

4) If ALL else fails, am I prepared to effectively double the retail price listed in order to have a 50/50 of getting my gun? When in doubt, don't buy anything you couldn't stand seeing returned.
Sound advice and decision path.
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2018, 12:29   #14
Mausturm

We took the risk and it got through customs within an hour or so. I fairly sure it had something to do with the barrel being partly painted orange, but I'm not gonna complain.
Old April 30th, 2018, 12:22   #15
ToxicSquid

What if on the page it has the Canadian compliant badge does that mean anything? I mean yeah I've checked the fps and made sure it's within the limits but does haveing that badge mean anything with the importation Evike https://imgur.com/gallery/4KkWVdH
ToxicSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General