Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

GHKs M4s are rare or is it just me?

:

General

Old July 9th, 2019, 00:54   #1
Wontonnoodles98

GHKs M4s are rare or is it just me?

I decided that I wanted to switch to gas blowbacks after being impressed by a GHK GBBR at a game day a while back, but I can't seem to find their M4s in stock at any Canadian retailers.

I was specifically looking for a model with a 14.5" barrel and a blank receiver, and running through a list of Canadian retailers on Reddit and searching on their websites warrants nothing in stock. Even ignoring model, GHK M4s don't seem to be available anywhere. GHK guns in general just seem pretty scarce.

The only website that appears to have GHK M4s available is JS Airsoft and Hero Outdoors. I heard that JS went under several years ago so I wouldn't trust the site to follow through with an order. I called HO as they don't specify what model they're selling under their listing, but the representative told me that they were in pre-order and wasn't able to give me any specifics.

I even contacted my local store about doing a special order, and they said their supplier would not be able to deliver the specific model that I was looking for. There doesn't seem to be a reasonably recent listing in the classifieds either.

Is there a reason for the relative scarcity of GHK guns? Have the blank receiver models been discontinued given the recent-ish Colt trademarking by Cybergun? Am I just blind and there's a retailer that carries a ton of GHK M4s that I straight up missed? Is a huge shipment coming soon™ or something?
Wontonnoodles98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 17:45   #2
tdotsofter

Action Air Canada on Facebook/online,offer a variety of GHK rifles
& You could also order through samoon,as well as here on ASC some decent deals come up with mags/extra parts etc.

I currently run a GHK74u and RPK, GHKMasterrace.

Last edited by tdotsofter; July 9th, 2019 at 17:46.. Reason: editing.
tdotsofter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 18:10   #3
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Action Air Canada - message them on FB.

They aren't "RARE" so to say - but it's prime season now for GBB so they won't be readily available as when it's winter time.

Also most of the time people aren't willing to shed out $$ for a full GHK setup.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 22:17   #4
Swattiger

Since GHK has become so pricey recently, have you ever consider TM, with similar price range ?

Toronto Airsoft has them in stock, but does not advertise on their website. You can try email them.
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 21:20   #5
Wontonnoodles98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattiger View Post
Since GHK has become so pricey recently, have you ever consider TM, with similar price range ?

Toronto Airsoft has them in stock, but does not advertise on their website. You can try email them.
I was considering the TM Type 89, but my only concern is that I can't set it up for cold weather as well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that TM magazines can only take lower pressure gases in which case I won't be able to switch to co2 when temperatures drop. The DH mod kind of gives GHK the edge in my opinion. Thank you for the tip though.
Wontonnoodles98 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General