REVIEW: AN/PRC-148 MBITR, working replica by United-Star

:

Reviews

Old November 8th, 2012, 06:53   #451
fester

Send a message via MSN to fester
I have Comtac III 88080-00000 and FL5601-02
and I have mic issues (low volume) with my new UStar "deluxe"

Anyone does have the diagram to mod the Peltor PTT?

thanks in advance

Last edited by fester; November 8th, 2012 at 06:55..
fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2012, 16:08   #452
fester

Send a message via MSN to fester
ok, I changed the mike of my Peltor Comtac 3... and now it works fine....
doing the job on the new MT31 Comtac 3 mike cover was a nightmare!.... the original mike is plastic melted!... I had to restore the cover with epoxy resin and black paint....

Last edited by fester; November 8th, 2012 at 16:44..
fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2012, 06:05   #453
KidNAPa

Heard from a friend that mics on Comtac III are consumables
KidNAPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 05:46   #454
SGMC

Maybe it's society known fact, but I was asked to tell here how to program channels into the radio from the keyboard.

1. Flash a radio station with an empty channel, with settings like these:

2. Press ALT. The display shows F can change the frequency of the Up \ Down, within a pre-programmed range of work.

3. Putting hundreds of frequencies, remove the indicator F pressing ALT, press and hold the GR (grid - grid, in our case the channel grid) in the upper right corner of the channel will be flashing. Switch selectable desired channel number (cell), and then press and hold the GR. Channel number indicator will go out. All. Channel programmed. If you need to remove - go to the menu, click DEL. He will remove the channel in which you are. Switching to the frequency or channel mode (the mode you programmed the keyboard channel) by pressing the button GR.

Video of the described process.
SGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:00   #455
Aztec

Sry for warming this up but I have some questions and since this seems the most sophisticated place regarding this radio, I wanna ask here:

- Does it work with military handsets like the H-250 or the Thales Otto handset? (i.e. is the emission level on a normal level or is it quiet?)

- When you are on Dual Watch, lets say on "CH1" and "CH3" (whatever those are), and you TX on CH1.
Then you receive on CH3. When yo TX now, will it still transmit on CH1 or will it automatically change to the channel on which you RXed?

- Has anybody found a solution for replacement batteries? Can you just oben the battery box and put in a diffrent lithium battery?

- I'm looking to buy a used unit cheaply where the 6-pin socket was somehow displaced, thus I'd need to put in a replacement socket. Is this a mechanically difficult process? What would I have to do exactly?
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 09:51   #456
Six_ATR

Hello,

I am new here, but I have read through this thread entirely and I cannot seem to find the answer. Hopefully somone can help me out.

I recently purchased a United Star PRC 148 (Deluxe) from PX-Airsoft. With the help of this thread I was able to get the software installed and running, and edit my own file; however I cannot seem to get it loaded into the unit. Every time I try to read or write to/from the unit, I get a "Receive no data" message and no data is loaded to the unit.

I have tried everything as far as I can tell with no success?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Six_ATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2012, 10:14   #457
Conker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
- I'm looking to buy a used unit cheaply where the 6-pin socket was somehow displaced, thus I'd need to put in a replacement socket. Is this a mechanically difficult process? What would I have to do exactly?
Replacement plug:
http://www.px-airsoft.com/showroom/m...66811680015385

I remember there are also real 5-pin plugs available somewhere that have been machined to fit the United-Star. I believe Toy Soldier is selling them.

If you know how to solder wires, it shouldn't be too difficult, however it does requires some skill as the wires are pretty short.

@Six_ATR: Did you try plugging in the radio and powering-it on before opening the computer? Did you check you have the proper COM port #?

It's best to have a native COM port as adapters often have compatibility/drivers issues.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 06:13   #458
talfx

Hello!!! It 's my first post and I need help :-)
I have a single Quietpro NACRE, with cable for Motorola XTS, included. How do I make it work with the United Star An / Prc 148? There is an adapter or cable? And where can I find it? Maybe you can rewire the cable that came with a 6-pin connector?

talfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 17:07   #459
Aztec

I got my unit yesterday and it doesn't perform as expected.
The ALT function doesn't work properly, as some others have described.
I tried uploading Conker's config (MBITR_PMR.txt I think is what t's called), and the radio doesn't accept ist. It simply won't save channels, although there is no negative writeouts when i'm flashing it...
Old December 23rd, 2012, 13:46   #460
Aztec

I fixed the problem that it won't accept configs.

However, my radio still does far less from what it's supposed to be able to do!
  • I cannot use Dual Watch
  • I cannot use the emergency function
  • I cannot use the Scan function
  • Heck I can't even change between Channel and frequency mode on the radio!!!!

Please, if anybody would have an answer I would be the most grateful person!
Old December 29th, 2012, 18:00   #461
pacha

Is there any way, that you guys can up load an other link for the preset freq for the radio, FRS freq, the ones on previous pages are not working, I live in the US, hopefuly they'll work here, sorry about that, I'm a noob when it comes to radios, thanks in advance.

Pacha.
pacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 14:54   #462
Aztec

Today I received my real deal MBITR 6-pin socket form Toy Soldier.
Nothing but problems.

With the wiring mentioned in the first post by Conker (B through E), I had no feedback on my Thales Handset or U94 coiled + Sordin Dual Comm, but the speaker of the MBITR emitted sound. TX didn't work either...

With the wiring mentioned later in this topic (A through D) I have the following situation:
Thales Handset: RX on handset speaker AND MBITR speaker. TX works normally.
Original U94 coiled + Sordin Dualcomms: No RX, No PTT-reaction but when the radio is in RX and I press the PTT, i can hear static noise through the Sordin. (which is extremely brainf*ckin retarded)

I guess have the 2nd version (CCI sticker but came with no real socket)

Last edited by Aztec; January 8th, 2013 at 16:48..
Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:54   #463
dj2l8b

Can anyone help me my U283 broke and I have ordered a new one but my wires are totallty a different color!
I have White,red,black and Grey...I guess red is the same but what abot the others?
Can anyone help me out? so i can solder them on.
dj2l8b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 19:36   #464
Tracker33

Hi,

I have version 2 of the radio. Thanks to Conker, I was able to program the radio. It took a couple of times going through the process but the codes finally went through fine. The radio seemed to get better after every pass. I did have to change the COM Port to 3.

I am having the same problem several folks have had above and I haven't found a solution after reading through all the pages above.

My radio receives fine. But, no voice will transmit through the radio mic nor will it transmit through the real plug via my sordins. I can hear through the radio speaker fine and I can hear through my sordins as well.

Please let me know if anyone found a solution to the no transmit problem. This sucks.

Many Thanks
Tracker33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 16:04   #465
Aztec

Open the mic capsule of the Sordin.
Solder in a cheapo electret mic (e.g from an old ZTac bowman you might have around).
Done
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews