Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

AKstravaganza!

:

Airsoft Media

Old October 17th, 2014, 07:58   #811
paulwes83

They can fit if you mod the rear sight block so it fits like a Yugo sight block, i.e. cut notches out to allow it to sit further back.

As it stands though, only Real Swords can accept real steel dust covers because they are 1:1 with the real Type 56. All other makes of airsoft AK are not 1:1 with real AKs. They all have slightly longer receivers to accommodate the standard V3 gearbox and to help with export, I would assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
Quick question - can real-steel dust-covers work on LCT AKs?
paulwes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 09:22   #812
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

I may go down the modification route, but in the meantime, are there any airsoft AK dust covers with an integrated rear sight?

Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 09:27   #813
MooseHead92

Quote:
I may go down the modification route, but in the meantime, are there any airsoft AK dust covers with an integrated rear sight?

That's could have been touched up with Krebs Custom parts or maybe even built by them, based on the RIS and selector, and general professional looking job. It *could* be a KC part, or an one-off build.

Last edited by MooseHead92; October 17th, 2014 at 09:29..
MooseHead92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 09:33   #814
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth View Post
i may go down the modification route, but in the meantime, are there any airsoft ak dust covers with an integrated rear sight?

damnnn.

*wants*

@ztr
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 10:00   #815
MADDOG

This is exactly what I am looking for

Quote:

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 10:27   #816
paulwes83

Only the AKS-74U models to my knowledge, or if you can get your hands on a JG AK hybrid (KTR-09) upper. Unfortunately, the latter looks like it can only be used with the proprietary rear sight block, but you might be able to make it work with a standard sight block.

http://www.evike.com/products/30210/

Quote:

Last edited by paulwes83; October 17th, 2014 at 10:30..
paulwes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 11:02   #817
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Quote:

Its a Krebs Custom KV-13 Vepr, dust cover has a reinforced back plate to make the dust cover rigid enough to hold zero. Galil style charging handles are easy enough to find, though not a fan.

Don't see many AK's or AK based guns with a rear sight on the dust cover due to issues holding zero (exceptions like Valmets and Galils), most of the time you see custom welded dust covers w/ HK91 rear sights.

Better off w/ a TWS dogleg top cover system tbh and mounting a rear peep.

Its a simple build if you can get the parts, (dust cover withstanding) but Krebs are really meh imo.

Close up of the top cover.

Last edited by beta678; October 17th, 2014 at 11:08..
beta678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 11:36   #818
MooseHead92

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta678 View Post

Better off w/ a TWS dogleg top cover system tbh and mounting a rear peep.
Realsteel covers don't work on airsoft AEG's as far as I know. The lowers are about 1cm longer than realsteel in order to fit in the V3 box - there is no other way to do it without messing up the receiver's proportions to a point where it's visually noticeable.

Your best bet is an LCT top cover (PK-213 if I'm not mistaken) with a custom made rear sight. Or you can spend $60+ to import a TWS peep sight.

I want to try and hack up 416 rear sight and put it on there. Ideally, the future will see me chop off my 105's front sight, put a Krebs Saiga RIS on, and slap on some 416 sights or Troys.
MooseHead92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 11:59   #819
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseHead92 View Post
Realsteel covers don't work on airsoft AEG's as far as I know. The lowers are about 1cm longer than realsteel in order to fit in the V3 box - there is no other way to do it without messing up the receiver's proportions to a point where it's visually noticeable.

Your best bet is an LCT top cover (PK-213 if I'm not mistaken) with a custom made rear sight. Or you can spend $60+ to import a TWS peep sight.

I want to try and hack up 416 rear sight and put it on there. Ideally, the future will see me chop off my 105's front sight, put a Krebs Saiga RIS on, and slap on some 416 sights or Troys.
Ah, well that's news to me. Never had to replace a top cover, but good to know. Still, I was assuming it'd be a GBBR build as you'd have difficulty mounting the Magpul MOE grip and an AR side folding stock on an AEG (not sure if the Hephaestus one fits AEGs, it might).

+1 on the LCT cover then, they're easy enough to get and mod. This might help, I had this bookmarked for a build idea.
http://forum.novarata.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1478

Why not pick up a surplus G3/HK91 rear sight? They're cheap ($10-15) pretty similar to 416 (heck they're pretty much the same thing) and easy enough to install on an AK dust cover. If you google a bit you'll find a couple of guides as well.
Old November 1st, 2014, 06:50   #820
Latvian291
a.k.a. Submachinehead

This is an (imperfect) replica of a German MPi AKS-74 NK. Or if you change the mag to a 7.62 profile its an AKMS-K.

I think it may be the best looking AK ever

Real handguards courtesy of Cold War Collectibles in the UK.

Also has a real steel rear sight and real bakelite magazine (feeds bbs).

Last edited by Latvian291; November 1st, 2014 at 07:00..
Latvian291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 08:00   #821
oniwagamaru
Occifer

Awww man I want that Wire stock. I have the AIMS NV carbine and I was told I cant put on a wire stock on it. I guess ill just wait till I find a receiver with a wire stock.

That is a nice looking carbine AK though! I want something close to that but with a ***** grip in front.
REGULAR GUY
Certified Level 34 Autosniper
μολών λαβε
oniwagamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 13:27   #822
Latvian291
a.k.a. Submachinehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by oniwagamaru View Post
Awww man I want that Wire stock. I have the AIMS NV carbine and I was told I cant put on a wire stock on it. I guess ill just wait till I find a receiver with a wire stock.

That is a nice looking carbine AK though! I want something close to that but with a ***** grip in front.
Which one do you have? If you put a wood Romanian handguard set on this rifle (or donkey dong) it would be a Romanian PM90 AK carbine clone.
Old November 1st, 2014, 18:07   #823
oniwagamaru
Occifer

I have the same one you had 2 pages back. I am guessing that was your base gun for this build? Yeah where can I get one of the receivers with the wire stock?
REGULAR GUY
Certified Level 34 Autosniper
μολών λαβε
oniwagamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 19:31   #824
Visser

Send a message via MSN to Visser
Looking for suggestions on a different stock, what do you suggest?

Visser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 20:20   #825
Latvian291
a.k.a. Submachinehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by oniwagamaru View Post
I have the same one you had 2 pages back. I am guessing that was your base gun for this build? Yeah where can I get one of the receivers with the wire stock?
WGC company. They sell just the receivers with folder. It's a coin flip as to whether it would get seized by customs or not. I took the chance and it worked.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media