Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Most reliable Gbbr

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 3rd, 2012, 17:00   #76
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
If they are like those of the M14. They are amazing.

Tighten up the screw at the bottom and it won't leak anymore.

And I run mine dry.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 17:08   #77
Ronald Chang

Thanks for the update on WE GBBRs.
Ronald Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 20:10   #78
Shrapnel[Op-For]

Is there any cleaning guides for OB PDW'S floating around out there? Is it more or less the same as cleaning the M4?
Shrapnel[Op-For] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 20:19   #79
m102404
Tys

Yup...same principles, different shape.

Two things that guys over look are...stock pin screws and the small screws that hold the internal guide rails on. Clean, loctite, and check periodically
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 22:31   #80
Rob121

I just picked up my we open bolt m16, the nozzle broke after half a mag. Also the magazine came leaking badly out of the box.
Rob121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 23:21   #81
THe_Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob121 View Post
I just picked up my we open bolt m16, the nozzle broke after half a mag. Also the magazine came leaking badly out of the box.
Did you lube it up before firing? Regardless it a testament to WE's terrible stock internals that it couldn't even make it through a mag.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it - Aristotle
-Founder of Steel City Hamilton Infantry and Tactics
-Certified level 43 Autosniper by Commander Amos
THe_Silencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:03   #82
m102404
Tys

The leaking mags are a POS...but quite easily fixable (takes me abour 20min to do up a half dozen).

Sorry to hear about your nozzle...what broke on it? Did it split, did the tip break, was it the feeding foot thing that picks up a BB? Did it break on a misfeed/double feed with a BB not making it into the chamber?

I have noticed that the WE rifles have "tightened up" a bit in tolerances...and I think it's a huge mistake. These things work best when there's a bit of slop to let the parts move freely. It's like a stock pistol vs. a CNC super tuned pistol...the really tight setups will perform better, but the fine tuning is just not practical on a mass scale.

With these things I'd take one with a bit of slop over a really tight fit anyday.

On a personal rant...I'm sick and f*cking tired of fixing/tweaking/tuning "upgraded" RATech parts. What a PITA. They're pretty, they're solid...but they're not to specs that f*cking work well in most setups. And I really dislike trying to fix something that someone else has already "fixed".
Old July 4th, 2012, 12:22   #83
Danke

To add to the discourse.

My WE came as a CB but the first thing I did was change it to OB.

After I did that I lubed it up with grease and oil per the cleaning guide on here.

Then after that I test fired it.

On the mags I did have to re-seal it looks like the person who assembled them just licked the rectangular gasket to keep it in place while the back plate went on. If they'd just used a bit of sealant when the built the mags they'd still be running fine.

I have not changed the hopup rubber yet, still looking for the right spot with one and some of the other parts I need to consolidate on an order. I also made a V2 hopup adjuster that I'll shoot some details of on the weekend.This one works without cracking the receivers apart.
Old July 4th, 2012, 12:30   #84
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post

On the mags I did have to re-seal it looks like the person who assembled them just licked the rectangular gasket to keep it in place while the back plate went on. If they'd just used a bit of sealant when the built the mags they'd still be running fine.
they use a low quality super glue. they also do not pay attention during the seal and back plate install which typically allows the seal to shift.

if a brand new seal is properly glued in place, the mag shouldn't leak. just about everyone that I opened and re-sealed, I noticed that the seal was either pinched or shifted.

they could also have designed it with a seal that was a little thicker and softer.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2012, 13:24   #85
m102404
Tys

Last I heard from Henry is that he doesn't even bother with the rubber seal anymore and just uses gasket maker. I still use the rubber seal + gasket maker...but I've got one mag where the rubber seal is torn (some numbnut pinched it) so I'll try that when I get around to it.
Old July 4th, 2012, 13:58   #86
Berkut
PinkEagle

I tried a mag without rubber seal and it leaked like MOFO. But then I am using gray gasket instead of blue Henry uses, not sure if it makes any difference...

G63
Berkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2012, 14:25   #87
Danke

I like having the softer rubber seal combined with liquid gasket between the 2 hard pieces of metal as a belt and suspenders setup. Any kind of casting flaw in the mag and the liquid along might not be able to cope.
Old July 4th, 2012, 22:55   #88
unknownvariable

Question..

Perhaps my speed reading fails me, but I could swear someone said they suggest running their guns on plain propane without silicone. I could see that helping consistency w/ respect to the hop up but would it not increase wear?
unknownvariable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2012, 22:56   #89
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
What I meant was to run the mags dry.

Oil/grease the rest of the gun, but by having no oil in your mags, you'll have no/less oil in your barrel/hop-up.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2012, 22:57   #90
Viperfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyso View Post
What I meant was to run the mags dry.

Oil/grease the rest of the gun, but by having no oil in your mags, you'll have no/less oil in your barrel/hop-up.
I run my mags dry, the oil on the orings is all thats in there, just means from time to time i have to open them up and relube the oring. no big deal for me anyways cus its a good idea to clean the sand and crap out of mags every so often anyways.

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion