Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Belts: Battle-, Rigger-, Blast-, WTF-belts

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 4th, 2014, 13:05   #1
MultipleParadox

Question Belts: Battle-, Rigger-, Blast-, WTF-belts

Hi guys
Got myself a brand new PC (man this thing is LIGHT! O_o) and am looking to get some kind of MOLLE belt to be able to carry some more stuff on the waist

Now I see there's tons of different kind and denomination of belts.

Anyone can explain the difference and make recommendations?

Also I am not sure on how these work exactly; I see most MOLLE belts are sleeves that go around some other belt and all, but I need a belt to hold my Combat pants already (I am using a 5.11 Trainer belt right now)

Any suggestions and links to good quality but affordable products are welcome,

Thanks!

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 13:11   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

you're talking a pistol belt with molle on it or a battle belt that can hold a lot more molle stuff?

I've had the condor gen 1 and gen 2 battle belts... can't say I like the gen 2... the flaps that give you access to attaching a legrig to it make those parts very loose fitting, regardless of how tight you have the velcro. The gen 1 also had anti slip pads on it where the gen 2 doesn't. The only improvement gen 2 had over 1 is that it tapers in the front to allow for a bit more bending at the waist.

I'd spend a bit more for something nicer if you want a battle belt. There's also some lower profile ones in real steel gear if the bulk of the condor one is too much.

You'll also need some sort of belt to put inside a battle belt, you can use anything you want really, from the 10$ pistol/tac belt to a 150$ cobra belt.

rigger is for your pants generally. Some riggers have buckles like a cobra buckle that you can use inside a battle belt.

blast and battle are interchangable terms as far as I know.

Last edited by lurkingknight; March 4th, 2014 at 13:19..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 13:19   #3
Madrigal

If you decide to get a battle belt, make sure that you swap out it's inner belt to one with a metal clasp. I have found the plastic ones prone to popping open if you put too much strain on the belt while moving or bending.
Old March 4th, 2014, 13:39   #4
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Will be watching this thread as I'm looking into getting a battle belt as well.

The condor looked pretty good in person but didn't really seem to grip my waist very well (that and the store wanted $150 for it... Highway robbery..).

I'm looking into an HSGI Suregrip and cobra riggers belt setup as a lot of people seem to like it (tons of positive reviews on real steel forums) and has most of the features I want for a decent price. The only thing it doesn't really have is the taper at the ends which is a bit of a shame. The VTAC Brokos belt is another good alternative with tapered ends but it' costs more than the HSGI battle belt setup by itself so it's a no go for me.

Something to note is that most cobra belts cost quite a bit so you're look at ~$70 for the belt alone if you want that sort of buckle (though there are some that go for a wee bit less).

Take a look at the battle belt/1st line threads on the ar15 forums, lots of pics and set ups there
Old March 4th, 2014, 13:45   #5
Fuzzy

I recently purchased the ATS battle belt. I find it to be very comfortable to the point of not even noticing I have it on. One excellent feature is the open bottom of the battle belt allows access to the inner belt to hang holsters from. Right now I have a serpa drop platform hanging from the inner belt.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 13:46   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I should add that you don't need a cobra belt off the getgo.. you can go with a cheaper duty belt to hold it... but just keep in mind the buckle can break if it's plastic. I had one go on my vest but it still held... you can get replacements from MEC for a couple bucks, it's it's not a huge deal.
Old March 4th, 2014, 13:53   #7
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Oh lurkingknights's post just reminded me that plastic cobra buckles are coming out this year and should be released in the next couple of months. I know condor had a plastic cobra buckle riggers belt on display at shot show this year so if you want you could always pick one of those up in a bit.

Functions the same as the metal ones and should be quite a bit cheaper but can't support as much weight (although it's still quite a bit more than what normal plastic buckles can support).
Old March 4th, 2014, 14:11   #8
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

or buy the condor belt.. and when the buckle dies.. replace it with a cobra buckle.. they're going for 35-40$ on ebay.
Old March 4th, 2014, 18:57   #9
MultipleParadox

Thanks for your input guys

Ref. Lurking's first post, yes I'm definitely looking for the padded, 3-row type

I guess I'll check my options a bit more now

Old March 4th, 2014, 19:25   #10
Azathoth

I was choosing between the HSGI suregrip belt and the LBT belt. I went with the LBT since it was 25 dollars. I have never had a plastic fastex/stealth buckle break on any of my kit, and if it did break LBT will replace it or send me to someone who can repair/fix it on their dime.

That and ninja fast shipping from LBT i ordered my belt at around noon, and the delivery man was walking up the steps the next day after work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 19:41   #11
w1lp33

Crye precision modular riggers belt. Best belt I've ever had. It's a perfect halfway point between a duty belt and a full on battle belt. Just my two cents anyways.

http://www.cryeprecision.com/P-MRBBB102LG0/Modular-Rigger's-Belt%E2%84%A2-(mrb)

Last edited by w1lp33; March 4th, 2014 at 20:14..
w1lp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2014, 19:53   #12
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I use a rigger belt in my pants loop and a battle belt on top.

Don't spend the money on riggerbelt unless you want to attach yourself in an aircraft, use it to rappel down in an emergency or to look cool. Any other type of low profile belt will do. I chose to look cool. (o:

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2014, 00:47   #13
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
If you decide to get a battle belt, make sure that you swap out it's inner belt to one with a metal clasp. I have found the plastic ones prone to popping open if you put too much strain on the belt while moving or bending.
I've had this happen... so to fix that... I have combined

with http://www.contactleft.co.uk/austria...kle-fcb50.html

and created:

an omni belt.

Now I have best of both worlds. Reusing a belt I already had by putting a cobra buckle and some sliders on it. Now it's probably strong enough to hang out of a helicopter (not that I would want to try) But now I know there's no chinsy plastic buckle to let go and drop my pistol load onto the ground.
Old March 16th, 2014, 12:36   #14
MultipleParadox

So, looked at my options
Will settle for an HSGI Suregrip and Cobra Belt

Thanks for your inputs everyone!

Old March 17th, 2014, 11:58   #15
K3vX

May I ask the complete opposite?

If I have the HSGI SureBelt, and want a somewhat small plate carrier (the OP is out of budget), what do you recommend.

Oh, and what measurements do I need to provide/take to choose the right size?

Here's two pictures to visualize what I want.

K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion