Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

*sigh*... classic army g36c proline problems.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 19th, 2016, 18:50   #1
HGPHYDRA

*sigh*... classic army g36c proline problems.

So I've had this g36c for a little over a year now. It's started off great. Only upgrades were shimming, AOE correction and sorbo. Shot straight and hopped well. Problems started when it lost the semi auto function... get this, semi auto worked fine when the mag was out or in w/o bbs. As soon as the magazine was loaded, it lost the semi auto function.

Tried to find the issue but I never could so I figured I should let it be. Just 2 days ago I was at OP loyal serpant and half way through the game my g36c had problems feeding. It would fire 2 bbs or so and then quit and fire a few more and then quit. The gearbox would cycle normally but very few rounds would feed.

I looked at the hop-up and the tabs that retain it were fine (research told me to check there). Inserting the mag well and looking at the alignment with the hop up, everything seemed fine. BUT... It appeared as if the nozzle was further forwards than it was supposed to be, hence not allowing bbs to feed.

I took the gearbox out and apart (I've worked on a few, but I wouldn't call myself much of a tech) and carefully went over every piece except the spring guide and everything seemed fine besides a little wear on the nozzle. So I clean and re-grease, reassemble, and the problem still persists.

Enter the last problem... during test firing, gear box locks. Upon expection I find the spring guide broken.

Nows the questions (if you read this far, I thank you). Could a faulty or cracked spring guide be the source of my other problems (i.e.spring causing abnormal side ways or up and down pressure, missaligning tappet plate)? Lastly, I can not find the classic army QC spring guides for the life of me. However SHS makes QC metal ones that it specifies will works for ares v2 QC gearboxes... any hope it would work for mine?

Thank you for your time, any help is appreciated.
HGPHYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016, 00:32   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Yep. Found your problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (20.3 KB, 20 views)
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016, 00:34   #3
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Anyway, take pics of the broken spring guide, I'm curious to see where it broke.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016, 00:37   #4
RainyEyes

Post a picture of the broken spring guide and we can help better source you parts and diagnose the issue.

Yes... A broke spring guide could affect the function of the gearbox... But where is it broken exactly?

What do you mean by it won't shoot semi? Does it lock up or does the gun cycle and not feed?

V3 GB have a tendency to lock up on semi when you short stroke the trigger for some reason. Shooting on full fixes this until you short stroke it again.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016, 09:10   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

once you gut them like any other stock gun and upgrade them, they are great.

Mine's been going strong for 4 years.
Old July 20th, 2016, 17:28   #6
HGPHYDRA

By lost semi auto I meant it would just go full auto.
First time the gearbox jammed was when the spring guide broke.
Old July 20th, 2016, 20:54   #7
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Dirty trigger contacts/ trigger block.
Q-tip+ isopropyl alcohol= functional.

There's an off chance that your trigger block has broken its retention tabs, but that would be in addition to fouling. Very, very common problem in stock guns like CA and lower.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016, 23:21   #8
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

going full auto in semi is usually a sign of a worn out cutoff lever.

You will need to replace it, but most v3 cutoff levers have an extra cam on them for AK selector plates, you'll need to file it off to make it work on the g36 selector plate.
Old July 21st, 2016, 11:48   #9
HGPHYDRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
going full auto in semi is usually a sign of a worn out cutoff lever.

You will need to replace it, but most v3 cutoff levers have an extra cam on them for AK selector plates, you'll need to file it off to make it work on the g36 selector plate.
Would it be the case even though it fired in semi w/o a bb loaded mag? I know it sounds weird.

I did a test with the gearbox mounted to the lower and in semi it shot fine, but as soon as I put my finger over the nozzle and held the trigger it would go full auto... Seems bizarre to me.
Old July 21st, 2016, 12:32   #10
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGPHYDRA View Post
Would it be the case even though it fired in semi w/o a bb loaded mag? I know it sounds weird.

I did a test with the gearbox mounted to the lower and in semi it shot fine, but as soon as I put my finger over the nozzle and held the trigger it would go full auto... Seems bizarre to me.
Sounds like something that you need to take to someone more experienced to take a look at :tup:
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2016, 16:32   #11
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

cutoff lever is like 5 bucks man... it's a wear part that eventually needs to be replaced so you lose nothing by replacing it now. You can hmm and haw for another week and not get any other answer, or you can try the cutoff lever yourself first, if it doesn't fix it, bring it to someone that's qualified.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 11:41   #12
HGPHYDRA

Cut off lever is aquired. Must do some filing for it to fit though. Still have to wait till I can find a QC spring guide replacement. Thanks for help!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner