Systema PTW Basic Info and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 3rd, 2013, 22:54   #316
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
It is not a bit of work, it is a lot of work. The plastic on these grips are durable, but also tough to grind.
I suppose a "bit" is subjective. Truth be told, it did take me 2-3 hours to get it done.

And to bring the conversation back to the current discussion on heating and motors: I've never even once felt my motor get hot, even with the original MIAD plate providing almost full coverage of the bottom. Your mileage will vary, depending on the battery and cylinder combo you use, along with how much you fire. I'm with Brad on preferring to keep dirt OUT.

Last edited by ILLusion; September 3rd, 2013 at 22:56..
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 23:42   #317
mcguyver

It takes me about an hour to do a MiAD. I use a sanding drum on a Dremel. Most of the time is spent on fitting and adjustment to get it just right.

If you could cut it on a CNC machine, it would be done is minutes.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 23:51   #318
SuperHog

You guys are right , the PTW motors run much cooler than the AEG.

Are guys running 11.1V or 9.6V. If find the 9.6V works but it seem to lag in a PTW compared to a 9.6V in a AEG.

Last edited by SuperHog; September 3rd, 2013 at 23:54..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 00:09   #319
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
You guys are right , the PTW motors run much cooler than the AEG.

Are guys running 11.1V or 9.6V. If find the 9.6V works but it seem to lag in a PTW compared to a 9.6V in a AEG.
Gear ratio. The gear train in a PTW in standard ratio will run up to an M170. It is very hard on the motor though, and you need to give it lots of current and keep voltage upwards of 14 volts.

Decrease the ratio slightly and it would be very zippy, but you might limit yourself to an M130. Most AEGs have a hard time with a standard ratio gearset and running an M130, you need to increase voltage and current delivery to make them go.

I prefer an 11.1 due to the fast response and reduced spool up time, but really dislike lipo.

Old September 4th, 2013, 00:19   #320
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I use 11.1v Lipo right now for most of my usage. I only use 7.4v (there's no 9.6v for LiPo... only for Ni-Cd & Ni-MH) for the M90. And even then, I still prefer to use 11.1v for the faster trigger response if I'm limited to semi-auto fire only.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 08:37   #321
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Anyone ever try a 9.9v LiFe pack?

Took my about an hour to do my MOE grip, got mine before I realized FCC had one, or before they released it maybe, anyway the plastic magpul-PTS uses for their shit is the PERFECT material for chisel work. You can remove some big swaths of material with very little mess.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 08:55   #322
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Anyone ever try a 9.9v LiFe pack?

Took my about an hour to do my MOE grip, got mine before I realized FCC had one, or before they released it maybe, anyway the plastic magpul-PTS uses for their shit is the PERFECT material for chisel work. You can remove some big swaths of material with very little mess.
I have use the 9.9 LiFe in one of my FCC FFL when doing the torture test for the 3.0 motor prototype, the bitch bubbles up like a fat kid after a buffet on the full auto burst test, my experience with the LIPO is they are great to use but they do heat up the motors more than the Systema nicads battery and I only find issues with the lesser quality LiPo, so far the Nanotech and Gen Ace have great results (year and a half of constant use without issue)
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 09:18   #323
SuperHog

Life are better for lower current drain applications whereas a Lipo can withstand higher current demands.

Your motors heat up more with Lipo because the NiCad has maxed out its amperage. Future MOSFET system should incorporate current limiting to prevent over heating motors.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:55   #324
mcguyver

Current limiting + inductive loads = motor repair. This is the problem with lipo batteries as they reach the end if their discharge capacity.

Old September 4th, 2013, 11:30   #325
Azathoth

I run LiPO 11.1v and 9.6NiCD on the Blue/Gold cylinders the trigger response is just noticeable different but not enough for it to be a deal breaker. I have had a lot of bad experiences with buffer lipo's firefox hot power etc, that I still havent tried Nanotech. I have had good performance from systema and venom lipos so far.

Prior to the bad run in with crapsoft buffer lipo I ran a 2800 mah 40c 11.1v brick style lipo riding side saddle on a CTR stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2013, 01:02   #326
xav1982

I have a question about tightbore barrel, how does a pdi 6.01 barrel affect a 14.5 lenght ptw ? More range ? More accuracy ?

Thanks
xav1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2013, 02:12   #327
mcguyver

The PDI is 6.04

They are a good barrel, the best of the aftermarket barrels. But a solud hopup is far superior to any barrel upgrade.

Old September 15th, 2013, 08:53   #328
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xav1982 View Post
I have a question about tightbore barrel, how does a pdi 6.01 barrel affect a 14.5 lenght ptw ? More range ? More accuracy ?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
The PDI is 6.04

They are a good barrel, the best of the aftermarket barrels. But a solud hopup is far superior to any barrel upgrade.
The PDI barrel is frickin awesome it does add a bit of accuracy and distance but with a downside, since its a 6.01 it is a very tight tolerance and during winter in particular you will have some jams when playing in extreme weather. I switch mine to a 6.02 & 6.03 and we played in all extreme temperature from Hot to Cold without issues, Brad is also right about the HOP a good HOP is always better than a tightbore. Just remember PTW are toy guns with limitations, there are no magic application or hardware that will make it shoot ridiculous distance, lets be real its a toy gun not a real .223 or a 5.56
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2013, 11:24   #329
swatt13
Captain Awesome

I have the pdi tightbore in alm my ptws. When couple with the mcguyver or tac hopup it Does add some accuracy, but I experienced a notable bump in range (20-40 ft) I love Em personally. I don't play in the cold so I haven't experienced the issues jay mentioned, nor was I aware of them so now I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2013, 13:09   #330
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I did enjoy the PDI barrels, except the 6.01 I found was unstable in any temperature. The Final Evolution barrels impressed me as well. A Systema should not need a bore switch from 6.04, but if so I'd only go down to 6.03 Max.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion