anyone remember this one?
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...ghlight=Toyota
Duilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2009, 08:42   #17
Brit ter

vehicals

vehicals and airsoft !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fortgeorge11401.jpg (95.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg fortgeorge18401.jpg (106.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg fortgeorge11101.jpg (91.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4708.JPG (455.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4715.JPG (379.2 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4717.JPG (424.5 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by Brit ter; October 18th, 2009 at 08:49..
Brit ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2009, 08:47   #18
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
SAFETY FIRST

Stick to established roads, ensure everyone knows vehicles are in use and establish rules around their use - ie: routes and speed limits. Allow only a limited number of responsible drivers. Have a navigator who is in the passenger seat who is a second pair of eyes to ensure nobody gets hit or run over. If the navigator yells "FREEZE" the vehicle stops immediately.

All that being said, I've used vehicles in my game(s) under these conditions and its turned out pretty good. I've been to a game a Rawdon in QC where they were used well to ferry people around the field as it is pretty large and the spawn points were over a click away if you made it into the enemy territory. Can be a terrific addition to a milsim event if you dress it up.

Last edited by Scarecrow; October 18th, 2009 at 11:01..
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2009, 15:18   #19
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Depending on the type of veh. It would be interesting to add a square of cardboard standing on the hood, perpendicular to the direction of travel, to represent a "kill box". So it's visible and shootable only from the sides (safety). Shoot it enough and the veh. is damaged/destroyed. It's easyer than balloons and it can be seen by the driver and the players. It can be replaced in seconds. That way, no need for a refferee to call a vehicule out.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne

Last edited by FOX_111; October 19th, 2009 at 09:44..
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2009, 06:20   #20
Ace of Spades©

I think the box idea is great! I would be very very hesitant to allow players to purposefully direct their streams of BB's against a concentrating driving, who may not expect to receive a handful of them right to the head as he turns a corner.

Maybe have the box + balloon mounted on top, somewhere near the turret and have a couple of windows cut into it to check the status of the vehicle.

Quote:
My gun is like a Land Rover, when it works, its great. Problem is, its a Land Rover, so it never works...
Ace of Spades© is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2009, 15:28   #21
Ripperman79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit ter View Post
vehicals and airsoft !
Old willies jeeps are relatively inexpensive i saw one for $6500 street legal spare tire new paint and had a removable soft top for rain, and they rarely need to be serviced.
Ripperman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2010, 23:11   #22
whisper_kill

Years ago I was looking for cheap ways to acquire a HumVee. What I found was this wicked company that made shells. You apply the shell to a donor vehicle and you get a HumVee looking vehicle at a fraction of the price. I think they were called Guerilla or something. There's nothing like playing with vehicles. Down in the U.S. the Lion Claws series always has a huge assortment of vehicles on hand for games. In fact, I was at a game two years ago in which they used a crap load of HumVee's and a guy with a rocket launcher (fake) launched a filled nerf rocket at a hummer and cracked the windshield. Good times!
Old April 23rd, 2010, 23:44   #23
CamoGames

In 2009 at my Operation Mason Relic event I brought in 6 authentic military vehicles....Humvees, Duece, Unimog, Iltis, etc....the players loved them, and got a lot of use out of them. I had designated drivers, with distance rules and everything worked out great. In May of 2010 at Operation Mason Relic II, I will have 10-11 vehicles that will be used, including one of these.

http://www.military-collections.com/.../HalfTrack.jpg

I think vehicles add a lot to to whole experience, and when used right (safety first) can be an awesome addition to almost any event.

Operation Mason Relic Owner

Last edited by CamoGames; April 24th, 2010 at 00:46..
CamoGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 00:19   #24
Cpl T. Syndrome

I agree with these opinions but what ya gotta take into account is mainly two things...
1- your a BB magnet, the opposing team is gonna beat the shit out of it, so don't sink to much cash into it makin it L33T. 2-most importantly, It's a liability. This isn't real war people and if ya hit someone or crash because shit is intense and your not payin attention, then your liable..This said, I've been to games where there were vehicles included and it was awesome."BUT" all it takes is an excitable driver or a less than intelligible player and your liable. Then the cops show up and wanna know what everyone had for breakfast that mornin (Add worst case scenerio here!)..I'm not sayin vehicles don't add a level of intensity to the game, but I for one would wanna make sure I knew the 5 "W's" B4 I'd commit my vehicle to a Milsim!!!..My 2 cents

Last edited by Cpl T. Syndrome; April 24th, 2010 at 00:23..
Cpl T. Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 16:53   #25
deep in the bush
Monkey with a Gun

Send a message via MSN to deep in the bush
Don' forget Dave we have a rocket launcher to stop it being used too in scenarios.

The nerf rockets hitting the vabin is enough for the driver to know they are hit.

It comes in handy quite well.

But As Dave stated, safety is always number one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk242 View Post
we use a pick up truck on our field for games. it has been very successfully for us. as long as all know what roads are for trucks and that no laying down in the road means at all our any part of you. for us it has worked out being said we have 2-3 designated drivers and they know every hide rabbit hole and dash path, on top of never taking the truck over say 10-12. the truck has been used as an out objective a personnel carrier med wagon transport. it has been used in IED attack and defend scenarios, the limits are not ever in sight. luckily our team has been blessed with players that care more about the safety of everyone involved more than the win. the game can be run again ... but do you really want to run over your team?

I'm the Barrie Bastard.
http://www.bbbastard.com/

Cheese is good.
deep in the bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 17:08   #26
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit ter View Post
vehicals and airsoft !
You gotta let me know the next parade you're doing so I can run down with my camera for a ride dude! Missed the last one cause of conflicting dates but definitely want to get in on one .

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2010, 17:10   #27
Hades

Send a message via MSN to Hades

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 00:03   #28
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous View Post
You gotta let me know the next parade you're doing so I can run down with my camera for a ride dude! Missed the last one cause of conflicting dates but definitely want to get in on one .
Do not worry my friend, we shall keep you informed when we know the parade time ourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 09:47   #29
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEvolution View Post
Do not worry my friend, we shall keep you informed when we know the parade time ourselves!
Haha; awesome, my ex is still pissed at me that I got to go in the AS90 down at the Russel Air show ((Niagara)). I still enjoy Brit's warning notice "Please try not to hit any the buttons, cause I'm still not sure what they ALL do..." which of course made me start looking for the biggest red one in the thing :P.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 19:36   #30
Dirtbag

driver

The biggest thing with the vehicles is the driver. We restrict it to 1 of 3 people, period. 1st gear only and barely above idle,basically walking speed. At night the vehicle must use headlights, annoying to the vehicle driver as they are a big target but much safer.

We have had upwards of 15 games and no problems so far.

DO NOT use your daily driver, it will look like the surface of a golf ball after 1 game. Dimpled with cracked plastic bits. We have a couple of old beaters that are strictly used for airsoft, and become static props when not in use.
Dirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures