Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Game scenario with quadcopter

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old January 13th, 2015, 17:04   #16
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
You can try to shoot my DJI F550 multirotor or Trex 700 heli down. Doubt you can do it.

You are talking about a pocket sized or those made of foam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHFSiEvUwek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuT0UMSTXQQ
http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=972

This should do the trick.
Old January 13th, 2015, 17:09   #17
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
So will a baseball bat. I am talking about bbs. I guess if players that have intentions to destroy property, then there is no reason to professional video these events. I won't be taking my multirotor out to an event.

Are you allowed to shoot that Madbull slug at a person directly?

Last edited by SuperHog; January 13th, 2015 at 17:20..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2015, 17:21   #18
naminator

Quote:
So will a baseball bat. I am talking about bbs.

Can you shoot that slug at a person directly?
No but a lot of people who run M203's or the equivalents carry extra shells that can fire a slug or chalk marking round for engaging vehicles.

All it takes is one person, firing one slug and it hitting the right spot on your copter. Even with your personal quad, would you want people shooting at it with anything? They get expensive fast, I have looked at starting my own aerial photography business, but even on the low end (DJII Phantoms) you are looking at 1000$+. When people use personal trucks/jeeps/vehicles they expect them to get shot at. They can get dinged, dented, nicked but that's part of the game.

But then you have a 1000-5000$ aerial vehicle that can be fragile enough to get damaged by airsoft guns you have a problem.

So like I said. Until they come down in price significantly and become much easier to use, I do not see a spot for them in airsoft outside of recording the match on video.
Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?
naminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2015, 17:29   #19
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by naminator View Post
No but a lot of people who run M203's or the equivalents carry extra shells that can fire a slug or chalk marking round for engaging vehicles.

All it takes is one person, firing one slug and it hitting the right spot on your copter. Even with your personal quad, would you want people shooting at it with anything? They get expensive fast, I have looked at starting my own aerial photography business, but even on the low end (DJII Phantoms) you are looking at 1000$+. When people use personal trucks/jeeps/vehicles they expect them to get shot at. They can get dinged, dented, nicked but that's part of the game.

But then you have a 1000-5000$ aerial vehicle that can be fragile enough to get damaged by airsoft guns you have a problem.

So like I said. Until they come down in price significantly and become much easier to use, I do not see a spot for them in airsoft outside of recording the match on video.
Any one that aims upwards and takes deliberate hits, slug shots at a multirotor is deliberate property destruction, not accidental. You see multirotors at many sporting events, do people don't try to take them down. If airsoft players have that attitude, then don't expect a multirotor owner like myself to video these events only to have it shot down by an idiot.

PS. Don't waste your $$$ on Phantoms, they RTF are toys. The DJI S800 and upwards if you prefer the DJI brand.

Last edited by SuperHog; January 13th, 2015 at 17:42..
Old January 13th, 2015, 17:37   #20
naminator

Quote:
Any one that aims upwards and takes deliberate hits slug shots at a multirotor is deliberate, not accidental.

PS. Don't waste your $$$ on Phantoms, there are toys. Build a decent one from the ground up.
I said it was a deliberate shot. You can ban it, you can demand it doesn't happen. But all it takes is one jackoff with a 203 and a slug to fire at your quad. Even worse if it is chalk and connects covering your quad in abrasive hard to clean chalk.

I could build one but I have too much shit on the go. Phantoms are toys but sufficient for a Saturday/sunday "I will photograph your house from the air" business. I realize hexacopters/octocopters are much more stable reliable platforms, but most are out of the price range of people looking for something to improve an average airsoft game.
Old January 13th, 2015, 17:38   #21
Danke

Quote:
Are you allowed to shoot that Madbull slug at a person directly?
As long as they're not a pussy.

So to sum up.

Some folks want to employ an item on the fields. The typical use will be recce to locate the other side. Because of the "expense" of said item the other team can't counter it.

Would you play a night game vs. players with NVGs that you couldn't shoot back at because they were expensive and fragile?

Of course not.

And believe it or not no one wants to maliciously wreck your shit up. But if you show up with some wonder weapon the other side is going to counter it.

What if I roll out my own drone and drag a net into your rotors?

The whole drone etc stuff rapidly turns into not a game of airsoft.

If you're not that good at airsoft don't try to turn it into a game where you're not getting welts. When you want to run something new make sure that you consider both teams. Otherwise if I face a drone that is off limits I'm putting on my new BB forcefield that means I can't be shot.

For anyone who wants to bring a drone into game play the first thing you need to put forward is a way for the other side to counter it. I'd suggest an IR sender shaped like a anti aircraft launcher and a receiver on the drone that puts it into limbo for a variable amount of time. That's keeping within the intent and dynamic of the game.
Old January 13th, 2015, 17:39   #22
DrDoUm

The opinion I'm reading here is mostly that the risk of having your drone shot at is the worth the tactical advantage that it offers considering the actual price range. I agree to this opinion for most games.

I understand that the OP was asking about scenarios where the drone could be used for. I guess an organisor could set-up a scenario in which a group of players controling the drone would have to achieve a task with that drone. I have in mind some reconnaissance to find specific objects on the field that will later become the assault team objectives. In that particular case I guess it could be apropriate to make a rule not to shoot at the drone. Opfor would have to find another way of stopping that drone than shooting at it: finding and shooting the operator maybe? Camouflaging the objectives to be found by the drone? Setting up decoys?

Maybe this kind of scenario is suitable only for a group of player you know and trust.

EDIT:
Quote:
For anyone who wants to bring a drone into game play the first thing you need to put forward is a way for the other side to counter it. I'd suggest an IR sender shaped like a anti aircraft launcher and a receiver on the drone that puts it into limbo for a variable amount of time. That's keeping within the intent and dynamic of the game.
Not a bad idea... not sure what "limbo" means but I guess an IR sender could temporarly shut off the camera or put a command on the drone to fly home. I guess someone investing in such an expensive toy would not mind investing in the opfor weapon against it.

Last edited by DrDoUm; January 13th, 2015 at 17:45..
DrDoUm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2015, 17:51   #23
SuperHog

Quote:
Phantoms are toys but sufficient for a Saturday/sunday "I will photograph your house from the air" business. I realize hexacopters/octocopters are much more stable reliable platforms, but most are out of the price range of people looking for something to improve an average airsoft game.
If you are on a budget then go with the F450. That is what I started with. Very capable and low cost to set up. Even if shot down at a airsoft game, it is tough and can take a crash. I crashed my F450 numerous times testing the stabilization systems and all I broke was a few blades.

The Phantoms are overpriced ready-to-fly junk, not to mention when crashed..... breaks easily.

Last edited by SuperHog; January 13th, 2015 at 17:54..
Old January 13th, 2015, 17:56   #24
naminator

Best way is to have the drone as a "capturable" asset. Like a care package in COD. But then you have random's using your drone. So unless you had 1 or 2 people sitting at a command post that can fly and dispatch the drone (when it is captured by one team or another) it becomes a bit pointless.

*Puts on foil hat*

Also I have a strange suspicion that OP isn't doing this to infuse a new and exciting element into the sport. He lists his location as Montreal, talks about affordable rentals and has posted this thread on the JOC forum as well as this one. Maybe he has a financial interest in people renting drones from him or another company he is aligned with. He has registered on basically every regional forum inside of Canada.

/Foil Hat Conspiracy
Old January 13th, 2015, 18:18   #25
ShelledPants

Our team have used drones and robots.

It's not all it's chalked up to. Big limitation is having a killswitch on the robot.

That being said. Servo controlled head mounted display minigun turret with IR laser was cool as shit.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.

Last edited by ShelledPants; January 13th, 2015 at 18:22..
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2015, 18:48   #26
Danke

Quote:
I have a strange suspicion that OP isn't doing this to infuse a new and exciting element into the sport.
Are you saying this new guy is actually a drone trying to ingratiate itself to humans?

Super creepy.
Old January 13th, 2015, 18:50   #27
SuperHog

Tiny bind-n-fly are much better for airsoft. Small, cheap and gets the job done. Easy to transport and crash resistant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5w3p_2i4CM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 180-QX-header.jpg (72.8 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by SuperHog; January 13th, 2015 at 18:52..
Old January 13th, 2015, 18:53   #28
naminator

Quote:
Are you saying this new guy is actually a drone trying to ingratiate itself to humans?

Super creepy.
It's only a matter of time until Googl..... I mean Skynet becomes self aware and wipes out all humans.

First Airsoft drones. Then we have drones delivering beer and pizza to us. Then they become self aware and kill everybody.
Old January 13th, 2015, 22:54   #29
SuperHog

Hey Danke,

Just order a Blackout Mini H frame. It is so tough, I will probably game this quad.

http://youtu.be/s7ZgTGCREsE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYtw17i_CXU

Dare you to take it out, that is if you hit it!

Last edited by SuperHog; January 13th, 2015 at 23:10..
Old January 13th, 2015, 23:09   #30
Danke

Streaming in real time?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures