Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Real steel parts on airsoft

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old June 26th, 2012, 23:26   #1
GOD

Real steel parts on airsoft

I've been away from the airsoft world for probably about five years and it seems the landscape has changed a lot. Way more "fake" name brand components from magpul and other companies.

I've recently come into an src m4 and I was wondering what the compatibility of real parts is. Particularily a Daniel Defence or Troy rail system and a magpul ubr. I'm going to use the src for gaming, but I want to build a real AR on the side and it would be sweet to get some use out of the parts before the whole project comes together.

I tried the search function, but I was having a hell of a time weeding through all the name brand but not real stuff. Thanks.
Old June 26th, 2012, 23:31   #2
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD View Post
I've been away from the airsoft world for probably about five years and it seems the landscape has changed a lot. Way more "fake" name brand components from magpul and other companies.

I've recently come into an src m4 and I was wondering what the compatibility of real parts is. Particularily a Daniel Defence or Troy rail system and a magpul ubr. I'm going to use the src for gaming, but I want to build a real AR on the side and it would be sweet to get some use out of the parts before the whole project comes together.

I tried the search function, but I was having a hell of a time weeding through all the name brand but not real stuff. Thanks.
The only AEG I have experienced with on RS furniture and parts are PTW, they require minimal or no modifications. My PTW5 have real Surefire weapon light system, it require no modifications.
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 23:42   #3
GOD

I'm guessing that you're taking about the systema rediculously expensive training aegs? I'm pretty sure that they're worth as much or more than the real one I'm thinking of making. Cool though, I will admit that.
Old June 26th, 2012, 23:50   #4
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD View Post
I'm guessing that you're taking about the systema rediculously expensive training aegs? I'm pretty sure that they're worth as much or more than the real one I'm thinking of making. Cool though, I will admit that.
They are not as bad as they use to be, but if you do have the extra funds go for broke and get a FCC custom PTW
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 00:38   #5
Danke

You will have better luck bolting real firearm parts on to a GBBR instead of an AEG. They usually cost a bit less than a PTW too.
Old June 27th, 2012, 03:14   #6
White_knight

actually i just picked up an areas M4a1 and from what i read its real steel spec buffer tube and i did slap on my tapco le stock, but it was pretty loose and rattled a bit so i took it off and left on the knock off CTR that was on it. im planing on picking up a commercial buffer tube and real ctr in a little bit. so we'll see if it really is real spec.

also i was able to put on my real steel samson star DI RIS and some real steel "clam shell" hand guards no problem. they actually fit more securely then the stock ares ones and knock off magpul moe ones that came with the gun. that being said, those are both drop in options that dont require removal of the barrel nut (which im assuming is metric threading). free float one piece RIS i dont know.

so if your looking for real stocks and drop in RIS, you might want to look at ares.

Last edited by White_knight; June 27th, 2012 at 03:18..
White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 10:27   #7
GOD

Cool, thanks for the response. I won't be changing platforms at this point, I'll just run the free one for a bit. And I'll order the parts in due time, looks like there is no rush to get them now. If they fit, I'll post it here.
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:31   #8
MASAKO

To white knight, i will confirm with you tonight since I have Ares M110 lying around and bunch of real steel part for my PTW so see if I can swap them around and find out the Area's specific.
MASAKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:39   #9
Tankdude

You can attach real steel receiver extensions to the ARES M4.

Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 13:04   #10
R1ghty

Did your cat turn that on the lathe?
R1ghty is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications