Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Beware of manchovie!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old January 4th, 2012, 03:18   #106
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Bacon jam, where might one acquire this heavenly concoction? Bacon Jam and Peanut Butter Sandwiches.
Old January 4th, 2012, 03:29   #107
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
I am going to buy all of Jay's inventory and future production capacity of bacon jam and repackage it as a distraction device. Throw a tiny jar of that in a room and everyone will fight to dive upon it. Imagine the chaos caused by a Tornado grenade optimized to shot blobs of that all over a room.

Old January 4th, 2012, 03:30   #108
White_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
I am going to buy all of Jay's inventory and future production capacity of bacon jam and repackage it as a distraction device. Throw a tiny jar of that in a room and everyone will fight to dive upon it. Imagine the chaos caused by a Tornado grenade optimized to shot blobs of that all over a room.
no a bacon scented tornado, everyone runs toward it then bam, 6mm hurtstorm

Old January 4th, 2012, 05:08   #109
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Holy shit, Wildcard, really?

We needs a recipe fer dat.
Would you ship bacon jam for (x)$ via paypal +3%?
Old January 4th, 2012, 07:53   #110
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
I do hope that Manchovie can chime in and tell his side. I'm curious how the two stack up against each-other.
Old January 4th, 2012, 08:01   #111
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Manchovie has briefed a few of us on his side of the story. There is no need for him to speak here. This guys asshattery has shown itself in his posts and more than one ASC'er has figured out the holes in his story.

His lack of fundamental communication skills alone is responsible for half the issues with the deal. Add to that threatening calls from an irate parent and you can start to see how Manchovie got boxed into a bad deal.

I can assure everyone he did his best to make all parties happy and got the short end of the stick on parts and labour. Even on his worst day, Manchovie could never fuck up a deal this badly.

It's this kind of BS that makes good gun docs rethink doing work for anyone. It hurts the community when it happens.
Old January 4th, 2012, 08:42   #112
MadMorbius
Thanks BT.

I always get a little pissed off when people start slamming gun docs. I've had a couple (Poncho is famous for this, although Manchovie did it once for me as well) who actually stop playing entirely to deal with some malfunctioning piece of kit, and hand off their working AEG to me so I can play while they fixed my shitty rifle.

So not only do they sacrifice their play time to fix my gun, they handed me a working gun so I didn't have to fix mine.

Unsung heroes of the sport, they are.

Last edited by MadMorbius; January 4th, 2012 at 11:08..

Old January 4th, 2012, 09:03   #113
m102404
Tys

Bdot...I've read your whole post...and all the others...and all of this thread.

I've also heard Bartek's side of things a while ago.

I've known of him (when I started he was the mystical AEG fixer guy in the corner...) for years...and he's a top notch stand up guy.

You, on the other hand, sound like an miserable ass.

If you ever get back on ASC and read this...I'm sure that there's more than a few guys who've made note of you and who'll have nothing to do with you.
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:05   #114
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I had to deal with all kinds of issues like the above when working on people's guns, often seemed to be something new pops up (such as an airleak) that takes time to sort out. Custom wiring jobs were a nightmare, and it's true the MP5s take a long time to disassemble/reassemble, so literally a full assemble is required to simply test fire to see if the last attempt at a fix solved the problem. If not, back apart it goes.

I think the OP was expecting the work to be a quick and simple thing, sometimes it is, no more than a couple hours tops, but when you get finicky parts and troublesome guns, it becomes a nightmare for the person working on it, and updates on "This isn't working out with this part" are commonplace.

I'm so glad I got out of the airsoft technician business.
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:21   #115
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackD View Post
My attempt to redeem this turkey of a thread..

Great way to cure a healthy heart..
This is how my mother has cooked turkey ever since I can remember.
Old January 4th, 2012, 09:28   #116
Strelok

Hehe, I just realized this is the goon I had to illustrate 'Holding a 12v battery' for.

Old January 4th, 2012, 10:16   #117
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Lol. This may be the first thread where the person who's bringing up the "beware of ___" gets banned instead of the "offending" party.
Was I right ?
G3SD6
Old January 4th, 2012, 10:44   #118
Freeze

"Patience is a virtue"

When my gun broke down, I first TRIED to fix it myself. After a month of no success, I spent another 2 weeks putting it back together, then took it to a gun doc. The gun doc spent about a month or so before I could get it back. Cost: $50 + $18 for some parts and stuff.

Total elapsed time without working gun: 2 and a half months.

Geez, calm down, there are some really tricky problems sometimes, but all it takes is time.
In fact, the guy I went to told me "call back in 2 weeks", I did, there was some complication, so I called back again in another 2 weeks. Guess what, it was finished and fired right and everything. Tested it on site and left, no problems.

Reading through this whole thread, I think that you, Bdot should have been less impatient and smarter. As in, TEST IT ON SITE TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS. On the other hand, I don't understand why a reputed gun doc would give you back a broken gun.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:22   #119
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
On the other hand, I don't understand why a reputed gun doc would give you back a broken gun.
Many many times a "fixed gun" works fine when tested by the gun doc before it is delivered and "breaks" shortly thereafter

it's happened to me countless times.. sometimes there is an underlying problem that remains diagnosed .. Sometimes new parts fail, sometimes.. it just happens.

it's not the fault of the Tech.. these are toy guns pushed to the limit of performance .. and often beyond.. sometimes they just fly apart..

The best strategy when dealing with Gun docs is to take them the gun.. Tell them when you need it done, ask if that is reasonable .. and then forget about it until you are called and told it is done. The go pay the bill in cash, round up to the nearest $10 ..

and if it breaks again shortly thereafter.. repeat the process.. sometimes the gun Doc will give you a break on the second fix.. but it should not be expected.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:23   #120
Double Tapper

Send a message via MSN to Double Tapper
WOW!! Glad someone gave him a vacation.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General