Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Am I being unreasonable?

:

General

Closed Thread

Old June 18th, 2015, 19:53   #16
HeReigns

I think its safe to say you 100% got screwed. 2 weeks is one thing, but 2 weeks with no communication is another. Especially if he's logging on.

Its time to take action.

"Remember...stop, drop and roll...will not work in hell"
Old June 18th, 2015, 20:56   #17
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

I have been on the internet too long. I thought this was one of those posts that ends with "Where did you come? from where did you go? Where did you come from cotton eye Joe"

But in all seriousness. I believe it is time to get mods involved. You have been quite patient.
Old June 19th, 2015, 10:18   #18
BloodSport
Traveling Man

I'm going to state this if you are not willing to give the username then posts like this should never be made.
Old June 19th, 2015, 10:24   #19
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
I'm going to state this if you are not willing to give the username then posts like this should never be made.
x2, why bother hiding the alias of the d00d? Just post it out right mate.
Old June 19th, 2015, 11:00   #20
BloodSport
Traveling Man

actually I'm going to extend on this, from now on if I see a post like this and there is no name mentioned, I am going to just delete the post to stop wasting everyones time.
Old June 20th, 2015, 03:51   #21
J-Man19

I see nothing wrong with making certain that a screw job has actually happened before posting the person's name.
Old June 20th, 2015, 09:23   #22
Antikythera

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man19 View Post
I see nothing wrong with making certain that a screw job has actually happened before posting the person's name.
+1

Hell maybe the guy died...
Old June 20th, 2015, 12:38   #23
zombiesniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antikythera View Post
+1

Hell maybe the guy died...
Then he won't mind a bad trader rating
Old June 20th, 2015, 12:42   #24
Antikythera

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiesniper View Post
Then he won't mind a bad trader rating
I wouldn't mess with ghosts.
Old June 20th, 2015, 13:11   #25
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man19 View Post
It's better to leave the name of an individual out unless you are 100% sure you've been screwed. It saves from ruining an individual's reputation without verifying all the facts, because allegations are still allegations and unverified. People might take it for truth and make faulty conclusions.

These kinds of posts are, in all fairness, moot in general because it's really the mod/admin's job to deal with scammers, even if the name is mentioned in the forum post.
Old June 20th, 2015, 16:39   #26
hollywood...
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
It's better to leave the name of an individual out unless you are 100% sure you've been screwed. It saves from ruining an individual's reputation without verifying all the facts, because allegations are still allegations and unverified. People might take it for truth and make faulty conclusions.

These kinds of posts are, in all fairness, moot in general because it's really the mod/admin's job to deal with scammers, even if the name is mentioned in the forum post.
I disagree,... it you have paid someone and they will not respond to messages (even after they have logged in and know they have a message) once days turn into weeks it is time to call the person out.

I'm sorry, but I work hard for my money and if someone tries to scam me I'll make sure they are sorry and do whatever I can to ensure that no one else gets screwed.
Old June 20th, 2015, 17:23   #27
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

It's wrong to call someone out before you know they've ripped you off, but it's also wrong to not tell the community about a person who is ripping people off.

Personally, given the circumstances, I would be calling foul after a couple of days without so much as a message. You're only giving him more opportunity to rip off others.

I hope you're able to recoup your losses OP.
Old June 20th, 2015, 22:12   #28
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Let me clarify my previous post is not.up for debate.

If you are not willing to name.someone who has dropped comms and you are worried about an issue then do not waste the membership or admins time as we do see these posts and come to read them to see what we can do.
Old June 20th, 2015, 23:32   #29
Shamusodoofus

If this thread is not allowed then please do delete it. I did not make this thread to alert the community of a possible scammer/fraudster, I made the thread to get the opinion of the community on the matter. While I have read the FAQs on what to do when you are scammed I felt my situation was unique as the person I am dealing with recently had his father admitted to the hospital in critical and life threatening condition. At the moment I have slight reason to believe I have been scammed but I cannot say with 100% certainty. I have called the workplace of the person in question and the receptionist has confirmed his excuse and he has indeed taken time off of work to attend to his family/personal matters. The work place is a reputable business in the community (from google reviews and other sites) and has been in business for many years. I have no reason to believe they are lying to me or in on it with him.

While my opinion on the matter still remains that it is not good business to delay shipping for so long and not keep me updated, at the moment I feel the issue is only worthy of a negative trader rating with a lengthy comment. I have given the person until Monday June 22nd to contact me before I go full out and contact the local authorities and admins of ASC. Once this time has passed I will definitely let the community know about the person in question. Regardless, admins feel free to close this thread down. I have gotten the information I sought. I will update on Monday the 22nd if the thread is still up and alert the community along with all PMs.
Old June 20th, 2015, 23:38   #30
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
This has been an emotional roller coaster and I for one hope this thread stays open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General